Dream meets reality.

Unexpected.

 

(Haruki’s POV)
“You actually want me to come with you?” I asked wondering why she wanted me to come with her.

“Well of course dummy.” She said as she got up and hugged me. Wow she actually loved me. Not that I didn’t believe her it’s just love is strong and I think this is actually love. I finally kissed her forehead and we walked out.

“Dad we need to talk to you.” Yuki said as we walked up to her father.

“Ok you have my full attention.” Boss said leaning back in his chair.

“Well Haruki and I think it is best for me to leave town.” Yuki said grabbing my hand.

“Leave town huh?” Boss said.

“Well yeah. Cause you know Sora is going to be coming after me for the rest of my life and I think I will safer if I left town.” Yuki said while standing her ground.

“What do you think about this Haruki?” Boss said turning his attention to me.

“Well Boss I think it is a great idea. I just want her to be safe.” I said standing my ground just like Yuki.

“Well Haruki if you agree to it then so do I. But Yuki how will I see you?” The Boss said turning his attention back to Yuki.

“Well I can always come and visit you.” Yuki smiled.

“Who will go with you?” Boss said.

“I will.” I said.

“Well Haruki I give you permission to take Yuki and give her the best.” Boss said as he stood up and started going toward the door.

“Wow. He took that well.” Yuki said with a smirk on her face.

“Come on let’s go it’s been a long day.” I said and I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and led her out of the room. We walked out into the car and started driving back to the apartment.

“When are we leaving?” Yuki asked staring out the window.

“Well I don’t exactly know but we need to leave as soon as possible.” I said staring out the front window. It was awkward that we barley even talked through out the whole car ride, and Yuki didn’t even mess with the radio like she usually does. Something was wrong with her, and I didn’t want to ask what was wrong.

(Yuki’s POV)

Well I didn’t feel like talking throughout the whole car ride. I just thought. I thought about how my mother lied to me and beat me even though it wasn’t my fault for anything. I thought that someone could find me and take me away from Haruki and maybe even kill him. I didn’t want to ever think about someone taking me away from Haruki. We pulled into the parking lot of the Apartment building. I got out of the car as soon as I could and walked up to the apartment.

“Yuki what’s the rush?” Haruki asked as he jogged up to my side.

“Nothing I’m just tired that’s all.” I said giving him a goofy smile, and hugging Ki Ki which she was still in my arms. As we walked into the apartment I suddenly felt exhausted. I slumped and plopped on the couch.

“Wow you are really tired.” Haruki said as he plopped next to me. I sighed as many thoughts ran in my head, and as Haruki flipped through the channels on the T.V. Soon I gathered enough energy to go to bed. I stumbled around but I finally made it safe and sound to my bed and then I heard a knock at my window. I instantly sat up and looked at the window. Then I heard it again. I stood up and walked to the window and almost screamed of horror at what I saw. It was Sora. Sora smiled that creepy smile he smiled when he was trying to kill Haruki.

“Hello Yuki.” Sora said standing on the escape stairs.

“Wha..??” I stuttered still wondering why he was outside my window.

“Can you let me in Yuki?” He said knocking on the window once more. As if it wasn’t bad enough he pulled out the gun he had earlier.

“If you go and get Haruki I will shoot you and him. Now open the window.” He said with such anger and hatred all I could do was open the window. Sora climbed through and pushed me aside.

“Where is he?” Sora said putting the gun at me.

“I don’t know. I just left him on the couch and came in here.” I cried. By this time I was crying. I really didn’t know where Haruki was and I wish I did. Sora ran out of the door, and I followed.

“SORA STOP!” I yelled pulling on his black jacket he had on. He turned around slowly and sadness filled his face, and soon he started crying. Sora threw the gun down and fell down on his knees and sobbed. Haruki slowly showed up with confusion.

“What’s going on Yuki?” Haruki asked standing there in shock that Sora was crying. I just stood there. I didn’t know what to do. Was Sora trying to make me feel guilty? Ugh why does this have to happen to me? Soon enough I was on the floor crying my eyes out. Faster than I could blink I felt arms around me. I whipped my head up and meet eyes with Haruki.

“Go.” Haruki demanded as he lifted me up and shoved me into a room.

“HARUKI NO!” I yelled as he slammed the door in my face. I went to open the door but it was jammed.

“Great he sticks me in a room that I can’t get out of and doesn’t tell me a thing.” I said as I looked around the room. This was the room that I always slept in, but why can’t I open the door? I yelled and banged on the door as loud as I could for a couple of minutes. Nothing happened.

“HARUKI LET ME OUT! PLEASE!” I yelled as I repeatedly beat the door. I eventually gave up and plopped on the bed. The bed felt comfortable and I was still scared for my and Haruki’s life. I looked to my side and seen the window.

“The window!” I whispered in shock. I jumped up off the bed like I was late for something and opened the window. I looked down after opening the window and seen the escape stairs. ‘It’s worth a try.’ I thought to myself and started going down the stairs. As I reached the bottom of the stairs Haruki grabbed me. I screamed.

“Yuki what are doing out here?” Haruki said.

“I was trying to get back inside because SOMEONE locked me in a room ALONE!” I yelled pushing him as we stood in the middle of the apartment parking lot.

“What?” Haruki said shocked that I said that.

“Where’s Sora?” I asked.

“What? He said.

“Sora you’re supposed to be with Sora.” I said heading back toward the apartment building.

“Sora’s not here. What are you talking about Yuki?” Haruki said grabbing my shoulders.

“What?” I asked curious.

“Yuki are you ok?” Haruki asked.

“Wha..I thought..Sora was here. He came up those stairs and came into my room and..” I stuttered as I pointed toward the stairs.

“No one came in. You went to your room and fell asleep. I walked in your room because I thought I heard something and next thing I know your crawling out the window.” Haruki said.

“Wait. So I was asleep?” I cried.

(Haruki’s POV)

She was sleep walking. I couldn’t believe that she would go that far. This whole Sora thing has got her out of control. We had to leave now and get her to a safe place.

“Come on Yuki let’s go in it’s cold outside and you had a rough night.” I said as I gently pulled her toward the building and out of the parking lot. As we got in Yuki looked at me.

“I don't want to be by myself.” She said.

“Your not I will be right here in the living room you are perfectly safe.” I said as I kissed her forehead.

“No. I wasn't safe last time. I almost died and it was STILL Sora’s fault.” She whined. I didn’t know what to do.

“Well would you feel safer if I slept in the room with you?” I asked.

“Yeah..” She said in hesitatingly. We got into the room and I put some blankets and pillows on the floor for me and Yuki grabbed Ki Ki and plopped on the bed and looked at me.

“Are you ok with sleeping on the floor?” She asked me.

“Yeah I will be all right. You just try to get some sleep ok Yuki.” I said and I kissed her forehead and plopped on my blankets and shortly fell asleep.

“Haruki are you awake?” I heard Yuki whisper said as she gently shook me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

“I’m awake now what’s the matter Yuki?” I asked.

“Nothing. I just made you breakfast SEE!” Yuki said while putting a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me.

“Oh YUM!” I said grabbing the chopsticks and eating away. Yuki kneeled beside me. I felt awkward and so I offered her some.

“Here do you want some?” I asked Yuki.

“Sure.” Yuki giggled as I fed her a piece of egg.

“Wow this is good.” Yuki smiled. I tweaked the button of her nose as we finally finished our breakfast.

“So Yuki I was thinking about where we could move.” I said while not really knowing what she would say.

“SO HAVE I!” She yelled as she jumped up apparently shocked that I was thinking about it also.

“Oh really? So do you know where you want to go?” I asked.

“Well kind of. I have always been a fan of Seoul.” She smiled and shrugged.

“Seoul?” I said. I never thought she would ever think about going there. Well maybe it was just to get as far away from Sora as possible. I wasn’t for sure if I could move to Seoul though.

“Well yeah I always wanted to go there and plus it’ll be an adventure.” She shrugged again. I couldn’t help but agree. She was right it would be an adventure.

“You know Seoul sounds wonderful we will move this weekend.” I smiled as I hugged her. We finished up breakfast and washed dishes.

“Uh oh.” Yuki whispered.

“What?” I rushed. Yuki got up and ran past me and into the bedroom.

“What the..” I said when she slammed the door. I got up and slowly walked up to the door and knocked quietly.

“Yuki are you ok.” I asked. Then I heard a giggle.

“Yuki?” I said again and then I opened the door and saw Yuki holding Ki Ki.

“I thought I lost Ki Ki.”  Yuki said walking past me again and plopping on to the couch.

“You scared me Yuki.” I said plopping on the couch next to her.

“Aw I’m sorry.” Yuki whined as she hugged him. I was still shocked on how weird that was.

“Yuki I was thinking maybe you should go by yourself.” I finally got the courage to say.

“Wha.. What are you talking about?” Yuki stuttered.

“I think it would be best if you go by yourself. Go and pack and I will take you to the train station.” I whispered looking down. I didn’t want to cause her any more tragedy by going with her and Sora catching her. I would stay here and make sure Sora never gets to her.

“But I thought you were going to go with me.” She whined.

“I changed my mind.” I said in a dark voice. Yuki slowly got up and walked into the bedroom. I heard slamming and things being thrown. I had no choice I had to let her go. Ever since she met me her life was being destroyed. I understand that her mom beat her, and she was on the verge of killing herself but I still felt like she should start her life over by herself. After awhile the slamming and throwing stopped and silence filled it’s space. I got worried. I got up and walked to the room and slowly opened the door. I cringed. Sora was in there and he had Yuki’s mouth covered with tape and tied up. He pulled out a gun and pointed it at me.

“So we meet again?” Sora laughed.