Life.

Unexpected.

 

(Yuki’s POV)

There I stood. At the edge of the big bridge I used to go when I was a girl. It was a big concrete bridge and several people had committed suicide here with nowhere else to go but down. Down. I guess it was my fault for everything I wanted to make things better but I only made things worst. Where else could I go? I took a deep long breath as I stepped closer to my fate and I felt someone grab my wrist. I gasped and spun backwards toward him.

“What are you doing?” The strange guy asked. I put on a confused face trying to figure out who he was. ‘Why did he save me?’ I thought.

“Hello. You there?” He spoke waving his hand in front of my face pulling me back into reality.

 “Uh what. Oh yeah. It’s nothing.” I stuttered. I stepped off the ledge and sighed.

 “Why did you grab me?” jerking my wrist out of his hands. This time he gave me the confused look. “I wasn’t going to stand bye and watch you jump.” He spoke while looking at the ground almost afraid to look at me.

“Wow I never had some one who actually cared about me.” I said actually shocked that he would help me.

“I’m sure that's not true.” He said with a really cute smile as he slowly looked up into my eyes.

 “Ha. Your funny. There is no one who ever cared about me.” I mentioned as I was rubbing my wrist from when I jerked it out of his hand.

 “That’s not true. I care for you. I saved you didn't I?”

“Yeah you’re right. I wish I could stay and talk but I really have to get home.” I said while giving him a fake smile and I started walking off.

“WAIT!” He shouted. I stopped and turned around and said,

”What now?”  

“What’s your name?” he asked sympathetically. “It’s Yuki. What’s yours?” trying to seem like I was enjoying the conversation when really I didn't want this conversation.

“What a beautiful name mine is Haruki.”

“That’s a wonderful name Haruki.”

“Thanks.” He smiled.

“You’re welcome.” I said and finally walked off into the wonderful night. For the first time in my life I was actually glad to live.

(Haruki’s POV)

‘I can’t believe she was going to give up her life that quickly.’ I thought to myself as she was walking into the night. I started walking the opposite direction to go hang out with the guys for the night. Then out of nowhere “Replay.” Started playing and I realized it was my phone. I scrambled in my jacket pockets to find my phone for a couple minutes and answered it.

“Hello.”

“Hey yo where are you we’re waiting on you.”

“Oh sorry Sora I got caught up with things.” I said not wanting to explain the events that happened with Yuki. 

 “Ok you’re off the hook this time Haruki but next time try to be here on time it waiting for you.” Sora whined.

 “Ok I’m on my way. Bye.”

“Hurry Haruki WE’RE STARVING!” Sora hushed as I closed my phone. Usually I would walk from my house to Aiji’s house to hang out with the guys but tonight I had a feeling I should go to the park. Is it fate that I met Yuki and I saved her right before she jumped?

(Yuki’s POV)

‘This is it.’ I thought as I took a deep breath and walked into the one place I dreaded. My house. I grabbed the handle and slowly pulled open the door. I was right. This isn’t going to be a pretty sight. I seen my mother sitting in her chair and slowly turn on the light. She looked up and said in the voice I feared most.

“Where were you pretty?” She gave me that smile that just made me sick.

 “Oh mom cut the crap you know I’m not pretty.” I yelled. I started stomping off when I felt a hand grab my shoulder. ‘Don’t look back don't look back.’ I screamed to myself.

 “Oh Yuki you just think you are so smart don't you. If you are so smart then look me in the eyes and tell me you are smart.” She said trying to get me to look at her.

“No.” I said in a stern voice.

 “Coward.” She threw me down and luckily I didn't hit the coffee table and bust my head like last time. I gathered on to my knees and looked at her and screamed

“I HATE YOU!” Before she could grab me I started to run to my room.