Try not to steal anything.

Unexpected.

 

 (Haruki’s POV)

The light was peeping into my eyes. I gasped and woke up and seen Yuki still in that embrace around me. I never wanted to leave this spot. I looked around and people already started filling the park. I looked at Yuki and gently pulled her hair out her faced and chuckled. She was a mess. Right then she started blinking her eyes and looked up at me. She smiled and got up and rubbed her eyes and looked around. I heard her laugh for the first time. Then she whispered in my ear

“These people must think we are crazy.” She backed away and started laughing once again. Her laugh was very cute and contagious and then I started laughing right along. After our laughing was over I checked my phone for any messages. No messages and it was 1:00.

“Hey Yuki do you want to go get lunch?”

“Yeah sure. Where do you think we should go?” Yuki said.

“Well what about the sushi place up the road? It’s very delicious.”

“Well that sounds delightful.” She smiled and grabbed my hand and we took off down the road.

(Yuki’s POV)
We walked into the restaurant and I smelt the sweet smell of sushi. I wanted to melt. I held Haruki’s hand as we went to a booth. The waitress came and gave us menus. We said thank you and read through them.
“I would like some sake sushi please.”  I said when the waitress came back to the booth.

“I will take the same as her.” Haruki said as he looked at me. We handed the menus back to her.

“Well I guess this is our first date uh Haruki.” I said in a joking manner.

“Uh oh yeah.” Haruki said back seeming unprepared to here that. He grabbed my hands and squeezed them.

“I guess that means we are going out?” I said confused.

“Well unless you don't want to.” He said sadly.

“Of course I want to go out with you.”

“Two sake sushi for the young couple.” The waitress announced as she gave us our food.

“Thank you.” Haruki and I said in unison. We started eating and having small conversations about movies, music, clothes, etc. I loved talking to him he made me feel. wanted. We finished up our sushi and water and left.

(Haruki’s POV)

We walked out of the sushi place hand and hand. I actually wanted to show the world my new girlfriend.

“Thank you Haruki for lunch I really enjoyed it.” Yuki said smiling.

“You are so very welcome.” I said while walking toward the sidewalk.
“So where do you live?” Yuki asked.

“Oh I live in the apartments in Taki.” I replied.

“Hey that's the town next to here.” Yuki said fascinated. She was so cute.

“You are so cute.” I said and pinched her cheek slightly.

“Hehe. Your cute too Haruki.” Yuki said as she tugged on my sleeve. We kept walking.

“Can we walk to a friends house to get my car?" I asked.

“You have a car?” She asked.

“Well yeah.” I chuckled. As we continued down the sidewalk we seen many stores and I seen she looked at this one dress in the window. We stopped as she put her face to the glass like a little girl staring at a new puppy.
“Look how cute it is Haruki.” Yuki said with excitement. It was a cute dress. It was a yellow and pink knee length dress.

“It is cute Yuki.” I said. I couldn’t help it. I had to buy it for her.

(Yuki’s POV)

I loved this dress. I looked exactly like the dress my mother bought just right before my father left. Really I wanted it I just didn’t know he would buy it for me. “825.05 yen.” The cashier said in a somewhat peppy tone. Inside I knew she hated her job but her manger was standing next to her. Haruki handed her the yen and I took the dress. I was overwhelmed in joy.

“THANK YOU HARUKI! I LOVE IT!” I said while swaying with the dress.

“You’re welcome but you owe me big time!” He said jokingly as he grabbed me hand and we walked out of the store. We walked by all the other stores and time seemed to fly. Next thing I know we ended up at a house. I was a cool house actually.

“Here we are.” Haruki saying almost dragging me toward the house.

“Come on you don’t be shy we have to get the keys.”

“Huh? Oh yeah.” I said coming out of la la land. We came up to the door and he just opened it like he lived here. We were greeted by a guy. He was cute but not really.

“What took you so long?” The guy said throwing the keys at Haruki.

“Sorry Sora I got caught up.” Haruki replied.

“Oh well looks like you got really caught up.” Sora said walking towards me.

“Sora back off.” Haruki said in a tense tone.

“Sorry. I was just playing around. Stop being so sensitive.” Sora joked.

“Come on Yuki.” Haruki said wrapping his hands around me and glared at Sora as we left.

(Haruki’s POV)

We got into my car which was a Volvo and I started to leave as Yuki spoke.

 “You didn't have to be so rude to Sora.”

“Well I didn't want him to make you feel uncomfortable.” I said trying to prove my point. I didn't want him to ever mess with her as he messed with other girls. Sora is a total jerk and I didn't want her to get upset.

“Well you still didn't have to be rude.” She said while crossing her arms.

“I’m sorry Yuki I won’t ever do it again.” I said as I looked into her eyes. If it made her happy then I wouldn’t do it. We kept driving down the road onto the highway and Yuki messed with the radio to find a decent radio station. We kept having small conversations here and there about music. Sense that was the only thing we could really think of at the moment. We finally got to the apartment after a long drive and it was already 5:00 pm.

“Wow. That took longer than I thought.” I chuckled.

“Your right. It’s already 5:00.” Yuki said starting to get out of the car. We walked up to the second floor of the building and I unlocked the door.
“Voila!” I said as I stepped in. Yuki giggled.

“What?” I whined.

“It’s nothing it’s just it’s messy.” She smiled.

“Oh well what do you expect from a guy?” I said proudly.

“Well I don’t know.” She sighed.

“Ok well I will show you around.” I said. I grabbed her hand and started walking around. We came up to the kitchen.

“This of course is the kitchen.” We came to my bedroom “This is my bedroom.” We walked to the room next to it “This is the bathroom. Now since I only have one room you can sleep in my room and I will sleep on the couch.” I said.

“Ok.” She said very happy.

“Oh. Another thing. I have work tomorrow at 9 am until 5. Is that ok?”
“Yeah.” she said while sitting down on the couch.

“Can I trust you not to steal anything?” I said joking around.

“No.” Yuki piped.

“What?”
“No. You can’t trust me. I might steal something.” She said very serious.

“What are you talking about?”

“You will never know.” She said lastly getting up to hug him. ‘What in the world is she talking about?’ I thought to myself. Either way I trust her. Maybe she was just kidding.

 

(Yuki’s POV)

I got up at around 9:30 and Haruki wasn’t there. At first I started freaking out then I seen a note on the nightstand. It said,

Dear Yuki,

Since maybe you forgot I’m at work. I’ll be home around 5. There is food in the fridge and the computer is on the couch and TV. Is in the living room. DON'T STEAL ANYTHING!

Love,

Haruki.

“Oh yeah I forgot.” I giggled. I guess I am a very giggly person.

“This place is a mess.” I said aloud while picking up a shirt that was lying on the floor. I decided to clean and do the laundry first. I knew how to do laundry since I was 11. My mother never really did my laundry so one day I went to a friend’s house and her mother taught me. After that I have been a pro at laundry. I gathered all the clothes off the floor and headed to the laundry room.

“Where in the world is the laundry soap?” I said aloud. I kept looking around the laundry room, which was a complete mess. ‘How can someone be so messy?’ I asked myself. A few minutes later I finally found the laundry soap behind some clothes and trash and dishes. I put a load in the washer and thought about what to do next. I decided to gather all the trash around the house. After that I washed the dishes and dusted. Then I finally got almost done with cleaning it was already 4:00.

“Well Haruki is going to be here around 5:00. I guess I should plan dinner.” I loved cooking. Cooking was so much fun and yet again I always had to cook for my self. I walked toward the refrigerator and opened it.

“Wow such a variety.” I said in a sarcastic tone. There was only some left over ramen and eggs, tomatoes, and broccoli. I went over to the cabinets and looked in every one of them. I found some rice, macaroni, and tea.

“Ugh. Why is there so little variety.” I whined.

“Tomorrow we are going to the market.” I said.

I grabbed the macaroni and broccoli and set them on the counter. I grabbed a sponge and started cleaning the stove to cook. I took a 15 minute break and watched some T.V. I always enjoyed watching T.V. it made me forget the world for a while. After my mini break it was already 4:26.

“Well time to get started.” I said excited. I got the pots out and filled them with water. I put the food in there and did my cooking magic. Time went by and it was 5:15 and I set the table and set out the tea. As soon as I set the tea on the table I heard the door open. Haruki’s face was shocked.

“What did you do?” He said amazing by what I did.

“Do you like it?” I asked.

“No. I LOVE IT!” He said. He dropped his stuff and looked at the table.

“Wow I haven’t had a home cooked meal since the last time my mom came over.” He said admiring the food.

“Let’s eat!” I said happily. Truth is I haven’t ate all day and I have been dying to eat. We sat down and I passed the macaroni after putting some on my plate. Then he passed the broccoli, and put that on my plate as well. After that we started eating.

“So how was work today?” I said trying to avoid the silence.

“It was ok. You know work can be exhausting. That’s one of the many reason why I don’t cook anymore.” He said picking at his food.

“Yeah well I can see that.” I giggled.

“So how was you’re first time here?” Haruki asked.

“Well it was good. I cleaned most of the day as you can see.” I said looking around the room.

“I thank you for that Yuki. You didn’t have to though.” He said right before stuffing his mouth full of macaroni and broccoli. He was so cute when he ate. ‘Am I starting to like him more?’ I asked myself. I didn’t like getting close to people and another thing is I never had a boyfriend before Haruki. We finished up dinner and started to wash the dishes together.
“HARUKI NO!” I yelled when he grabbed a handful of water and bubbles. Next thing I know I was soaked.
“Awww look your all clean” he said tweaking my nose.

“That’s it.” I said and I moved his arm and grabbed the sink nozzle and started to spray him. We both died laughing and fell on the floor. The water was over flowing in the sink and the dishes were still unclean. I haven’t had this much fun in forever. We leaned in closer and closer and we closed our eyes in the perfect position for a kiss.

“THE WATER!” I screamed and got up turned the water off.

“You never just relax do you Yuki?” Haruki said.

“What? I’m sorry I think about cons of everything.” I said.

“We need towels too.” He said going to the laundry room to gather some towels. I just stood there waiting for him to get back. He came back with some towels and I grabbed some and started to put them on the ground to soak up some water.

“Do you have a mop?” I asked while still soaking up the water.

“Well if you really want the truth. I don’t have a mop.” He replied.

“Well tomorrow I’m going to the store and Im going to go by my house and get my things. So when ever I do that I will get a mop. Is there anything you need?” I said.

“Well can you get some more Mac and Cheese. IT WAS AMAZING!” He said.

“Are you sure you want to go over to your mothers?” He asked. I thought about it and stopped socking up water to ring it out. ‘I can see where he is coming from.’ I said to myself.

“Well yeah I will just walk in then walk out.” I said.

“Ok. Well in case something happens I want you to have something.” He said right before sprinting off. I then again waited a couple minutes still ringing out the towels and soaking up more water. Then he came sprinting right back.

“Here.” He handed me a black flip phone.

“What’s this?” I asked stupidly.

“It’s a phone silly.” Haruki said while he tweaked the bottom of my nose once again.

“Well thanks.” I said happily.

“It was an emergency phone but this is an emergency.” Haruki said.

“So...” I said while we stood in awkward silence.

“You want to watch a movie?” He asked.

“Sure!” I piped. He grabbed my arm and led me to the living room and sat me down on the couch. He went to the cabinet which I guessed held all his movies.

“Do you want to watch Outrage?” He asked.

“Yeah! I have been wanting to see that!” I said.

“Ok.” He said smiling. Haruki walked over to the television and put the DVD into the DVD player. We skipped through the commercials and started watching the movie. At first it was weird and awkward because we sat away from each other.

“Yuki do you want popcorn?” He asked while getting up and heading to the kitchen.

“Yeah sure.” I piped. I sat there watching some mafia people go out and kill someone because the guy owed them money. I never really understood the mafia, but it was interesting to watch.

“Here.” Haruki said handing me a bowel of popcorn.

“This is a very interesting movie.” I said while my eyes stayed glued to the TV.

“Well yeah I love this movie. It’s my favorite.” He said while my eyes stayed with the movie.

 At the end of the movie I cried a little. I looked at Haruki and said

“How can someone kill someone so innocent.” I whined.

“Oh. Your crying Yuki. It’s ok it’s only a movie.” He said while scooting me closer into an embrace. Honestly I loved this embrace and I could stay in it forever. I smiled.