The Boss.

Unexpected.

 

(Haruki’s POV)

I couldn't believe she was crying. It kind of made me want to cry as well. I held her until we finally fell asleep. I didn't want to get up and go to work but I had to. I slowly got up from the embrace we had and got ready for work. I changed my clothes and fixed my hair. I honestly don’t know why girls take forever to get ready for work.

“You go there everyday and you work why do you have to be all pretty for that?” I said aloud while brushing my hair.

“Haruki?” Yuki said while rubbing her eyes and standing in the open door way of the bathroom. I turned around surprised to Yuki standing there.

“Good morning Yuki.” I said cheerfully.

“Good morning Haruki.” Yuki yawned. I put down the brush and walked up to her. Wow she actually didn’t look bad in the morning. Why do they complain about how they look in the morning? I think it’s pretty cute.

“What are you doing up this early? Did I wake you?” I asked as I grabbed her shoulders lightly.

“No. I have to get up and get ready so I can go shopping.” Yuki smiled.

“Oh. I knew that.” I said while I tweaked her nose. As I seem to do a lot especially to her. It always seemed to make Yuki giggle so I keep doing it.

“So Haruki can I use the bathroom.” She said pulling on my sleeve and doing a little potty dance.

“Yes you may.” I said while walking out of the bathroom. I decided to go and fix my breakfast. I had the usual eggs and toast. I was eating when Yuki walked in.

“Hey you.” I said with a mouthful. She smiled and made a bowl of cereal and sat down beside me.

“Did you have a good night sleep?” Yuki asked.

“Yes I did. Did you?” I asked in return.

“Yes wonderful sleep.” She said while she went to take another bite. I don’t know why but everything about her was amazing. Her hair, her eyes, her laugh, her smart, her compassion, everything.

(Yuki’s POV)

We finished breakfast and Haruki had to go to work. I was sad. I didn't want Haruki to go. I got up and hugged him goodbye.

“Haruki do you have to go?” I whined not wanting him to go. Ever.

“Well yeah I have to go. I have to get paid.” He said grabbing me and embracing me even more.

“Im sorry Yuki.” He whispered.

“It’s ok. I guess it’s time for you to leave.” I said when suddenly his phone rang. He flipped open the phone and answered it.

“Hello.” He said.

“Ok thanks boss.” He said once again

“Well something incredible just happened Yuki.” He said in a very happy tone.

“What happened?” I asked very curious tone.

“Well my boss just gave me the day off.” He smiled.

“YES!” I yelled and attacked him for a hug.

“Now you can come shopping with me and I don’t have to be by myself.” I said once again.

“Yeah.” He said very happy as well.

“Ok let’s go.” I said while Haruki grabbed his keys and we headed to town.

We got to town and I told him where my mother lived.

“Yuki you don't have to go to your mothers.” Haruki said.

“Haruki I know what I’m doing and I will be fine. I will walk in and walk out it’s ok.” I said.

“Ok well I am going with you.” He announced.

“Why?” I asked. I actually thought it was cute that he wanted to protect me.

“Why not?” He asked.

“Fine, but don’t say anything.” I said. We finally arrived at my old house and it looked the same. He killed the car and we started up the sidewalk. I opened the door fearing what it held within. My mother was standing there right inside the door and I felt Haruki firmly grab my waist.

“Hello mother.” I said in a hatred voice.

“Hello daughter.” She said in the same voice.

“I just came her for my stuff so if you would move I will be out of here before you know it.” I said trying to compromise, but it didn’t work.

“Why when you can stay and have some tea and ramen?” She said in a sarcastic voice and she grabbed my arm.

“Get your filthy hands off Yuki.” Haruki said in a really stern voice as he knocked my mothers grip off me. I looked at him shocked that he really had the courage to do that just to protect me.

“What do we got here?” My mom said while walking towards Haruki. I stepped in between them and said

“Mother just let us in.”

“Fine come in.” She said harshly. I grabbed Haruki in a tight grip once again heading toward my room when I heard my mother yell

“You know Haruki Yuki will find out some day what you are hiding.”

“Shut Up. You have no idea what happened and it’s no of your business to be snooping around like you did!” He yelled back. We walked into my room and I started to pack things.

“What does she mean Haruki

“What did she mean Haruki?” I asked.

“It’s a long story.” He replied not even making eye contact and was being very serious. This was not like him. I grabbed my wallet and everything else and headed to the car in the drive way.

“She will find out and when she does she will leave you and come running back to me.” My mother said. Haruki gently dropped my things and walked over to my mom and said

“You know what? Yuki might come back or she might stay with me but the best thing for her right now is to stay with me.” He said

“Oh why so she can be out in the open and die quicker.” My mom said raising her voice. I was confused. Why were they talking about me dying? I was so very confused.

“Well at least I’m not trying to kill her!” Haruki said even louder and came back grabbed my things and grabbed me and put me and the things in the car. After we got into the car Haruki sped off.

“Haruki you don’t have to go so fast!” I yelled as he  stopped in front of a store.

“Here is a good store. It has almost everything.” He said not interested in anything.

“Haruki. Please tell me what was my mother was talking about.”

“Fine. Since you want to know so bad I will tell you. For a while right before you were born you mother has been involved in the mafia.” He almost whispered while looking at the steering wheel. I was confused once again. Why in the world was my mom in the mafia for?

“How does that make me want to go to her?” I asked.

“Well because my mother and father are in the mafia also. In fact your mother was really good friends with my parents.” He said.

“Wow. This is to much to handle.” I said while brushing my hair back with my fingers.

“So do you want to go shopping?” He asked trying to get me off the matter.

“Yeah but first I have to ask you something.” I said while looking him in the eyes.

“Yes go ahead.” He said.

“Are you in the mafia?” I asked. He started laughing. I jerked my body away form him and crossed my arms.

“I’m sorry Yuki but of course I’m not in the mafia. I would never be able to handle it.” He said while he pulled me closer and hugged me.

“Yuki if you don't want to be with me anymore because my parents are in the mafia it’s ok I can take you back to your mothers.” He said.

“Haruki why in the world would I ever do that? I trust you. I know you would never have any harm come near me. Yes of course I am scared of your parents but trust me I have worst fears.” I said.

“So shall we go in?” Haruki asked.

“Oh yeah I forgot about that.” I said really forgetting about the outside world for a while. We walked into the store and he was right this store did have everything. I grabbed a buggy and headed toward the grocery part of the store. Haruki followed right beside me and was looking at everything acting like he hasn’t been in here for years. I walked up to the rice and grabbed a lot that would last for a month and some more Mac and cheese. I seen Haruki’s face light up when he seen that I got Mac and cheese.

“You truly like my Mac and cheese don’t you Haruki.” I giggled.

“Yes of course I do. Who wouldn’t?” He said.

“Well actually what is weird even my mother was happy when she ate my Mac and cheese.” I said while going to the fruits and veggies. I grabbed lots of fruits and veggies because in fact I always loved to eat healthy. Haruki’s face went from excited to disappointed when I got a lot of veggies.
“You have to eat healthy if you want to live.” I said and giggled.

“I hate vegetables.” He mumbled like a child.

“Stop being a child Haruki. I will but you some pocky right before we leave.” I said in a joking voice. Right before we left I did buy him some pocky just to satisfy his not healthy diet. We got all the groceries and walked out to the car and loaded them up.

“Oh no.” I whined.

“Whats wrong Yuki?” Haruki said already munching on the pocky.

“I forgot the mop. I will be right back.” I said.

“Ok but hurry it’s already 3:00.” He replied

“Ok.” I piped. I walked in and got the mop and went to check out. I started to walk out and then some guys walked up to me.

“Are you Yuki?” One of the guys asked.

“You don’t need to know my name.” I said trying to get out of the store but the were blocking my way.

“Look I just want to go home now can you leave me alone. Sora?” I said while realizing that one of the guys was Sora. Then out of nowhere Haruki walks in and grabs me and says

“Guys back off. She is with me not with her mother anymore.”

“Sorry Haruki the boss wants to see her.” Sora says.

“Sora we can’t see him right now just tell him he can wait.” Haruki said in a kind of harsh tone.

“Haruki it’s orders and we can’t disobey.” Sora said. I never even thought of Sora was in the mafia.

 “Fine but I will take her. Where ever she goes I go.” Haruki said.

“Fine but we will be following you so don’t try to run.” One of the guys said.

“Ok. Come on Yuki let’s go.” Haruki said grabbing my arm and we left. Haruki called the guys while we were leaving and told them that we had to go home to put up groceries first then we were off to go home. We pulled up at the apartments and we put up the groceries and left to my first encounter with the Boss.

(Haruki’s POV)

“Why does the Boss want to see me Haruki? I’m scared.” Yuki said. I didn’t know why he wanted to see her. I grabbed her hand and said

“Don’t be sacred Yuki I’m here. I don’t know why he wants to see you but it’s probably having to do with your mother.”  Yuki seemed stiff and scared still. I wondered more and more why the boss wanted to see her. We finally pulled up to the warehouse where the mafia met. It always creeped me out coming here. We got out of the car and headed into the building. Yuki gripped me and we headed into the Boss’s office.
“Well hello there Yuki.” The Boss said as we walked in.

“Hello.” Yuki said while bowing. I grabbed her back as soon as she bowed. I didn’t trust anyone here.

“Where is my mother and father.” I asked.

“We are right here.” My mom and dad said in unison coming up behind me and Yuki.

“Mom, Dad!” I said. While breaking away from Yuki and hugging them. I haven’t seen them in a long time. I have missed them so much.

“Well hello son.” My mom said in a charming voice while I held on to Yuki’s waist once again.

“We see you met a girl.” My father said while smiling. My father always wanted me to have a girlfriend. I just haven’t ever met the right girl until I seen Yuki.

“Yes. Mother, Father, this is Yuki. She is my girlfriend.” I said.

“Hello.” They all said and bowed at the same time.

The boss cleared his throat.

“Um sorry to break this family time up but I need to talk to Yuki. Alone.”

“Oh right sir.” I said. I finally gave Yuki up and gently kissed her on the forehead.