So it finally begins.

Unexpected.

 

(Haruki’s POV)

I decided to go back to the park after the so-called “Party”. I showed up around 3 am looking around I seen the bridge that Yuki tried to jump off of earlier. I walked toward the bridge in great relief that Yuki was nowhere around it. I found a spot where I could sit. ‘This is dumb.’ I thought. As I started sitting down.

“Maybe she will show up and I can talk to her again.” I said aloud smiling. Inside I knew she would come back again but not to see him. I stared at the water and drifted off into deep sleep.

(Yuki’s POV)

“I CAN’T DO THIS ANYMORE!” I screamed as I punched the wall and made a hole around my fist. I started crying form the pain that gathered in my fist and pain gathering in my thoughts of all the pain my mom brought me. I slid down the wall and started crying into my knees. After a while I decided to get up and lock my door so my mom could never get in here. I walked towards the window and glanced at my clock. It was 3:30. “Well that guy wont be there to stop me this time.”  I said along pulling the window up. I felt the breeze sweep up my face. April was always my favorite month. I took a deep breath and steeped down onto the soft grass. Our house actually didn't seem so bad on the outside it was the inside that people freaked out about. It always smelled bad and trash everywhere. I started walking toward the park.

(Haruki’s POV)

I gasped as I felt someone woke me up.

 “Im awake Im awake!” I yelled as I woke up.

“What in the world are you doing here?” Someone said. I rubbed my eyes and realized it was Yuki. “Hello.” Yuki said waving her hand in my face like I did to her earlier.

“Oh um I decided I would come to park for some fresh air and I guess I fell asleep.” I said while sitting up.

“Well I think you should leave.” She said in a rather snobby voice.

 “Why? So you can just jump off this bridge because you feel sorry for yourself?” I screamed while standing up.

(Yuki’s POV)

I was shocked. ‘Why in the world would he say this? And he said he cared for me.’ I stood up and looked him in the eye. About to say something I realized I had nothing to say. My eyes were getting watery and I had nothing else to do but to walk off. “WAIT! DON’T GO I’M SORRY!” He yelled chasing after me. I started walking faster. If someone caught me crying it would mean defeat. I wiped my eyes trying to stop crying and I felt someone’s hands on my shoulders and I froze. ‘DON’T LOOK BACK YUKI DON'T LOOK BACK!!’ I yelled at myself.

 “Look I’m sorry. I didn't mean to say that it just kind of came out. Is there any thing I can help you with?” Haruki said that made me kind of smile that someone cared for me after all. I turned around facing my fears. I squinted my eyes when I seen him. Nothing happened. I opened my eyes slowly and he just stood there confused.

“Why are you scared?” He asked.

“Oh it’s nothing really.” I said lying of course.

 ”Well it has to be something major or else you wouldn’t be scared.” He said as he grabbed my wrists.

”Well it’s just a really long story.”  I said looking at the ground.

 “Well I think we have time.” Haruki said while walking me over to a bench.

 (Haruki’s POV)

Yuki pulled her sleeves over her hands even more than they were. The night breeze swept her pitch-black hair in the breeze and she looked up at me with her mystical eyes.

“Well it started out when I was a girl. My life was amazing and was every girls dream. My family always had picnics under the cherry blossoms every weekend in April.” Yuki got a faint smile. Then it went back to sadness.

 “Then one day my parents got into a fight. I hid in the closet not knowing what to do. I was only 6. I was looking through the crack of the door and my father picked up his suitcase and left. And here I am 12 years later about to commit suicide because ever since my dad left my mother always told me how I’m just a worthless mistake and she always beat me. Look.” Yuki lifted up her sleeves and it reveled bruises, cuts, and burns. I almost wanted to cry. How can someone do this to someone as special as her? Did I actually like her? All I could do was hug her.

“I’m so sorry Yuki.” I cried. She pulled away. “Haruki. I don't want you feeling sorry for me. I’m fine.” She said. Shocked that she would say that I said

“Yuki no one needs to go through that kind of pain who doesn’t even deserve it.” I hugged her again and this time she embraced it.

(Yuki’s POV)

I liked this feeling of a hug. I don't think I ever had a hug until the last time my father gave me one. I will admit I was actually kind of liking him. I guess it was just the attention he was giving me, or the comfort, but either way I liked it. In the dark night still embraced in Haruki’s arms I drifted off to sleep.