Sora.

Unexpected.

 

(Haruki’s POV)

Yuki eventually fell asleep. I wanted to take her to bed but I didn't want to leave her by herself. I don't know why I didn’t want to leave her, I just didn’t. I finally got the courage to take her to the bedroom for her to sleep comfortably. I picked her up slowly so I didn’t wake her. I carried her to the bedroom without her waking up, and when I laid her on to the bed she woke up a little.

“Haruki?” She said rubbing her eyes.

“I just thought I would carry you in here so you can get good sleep.” I said while putting covers over her.

“Haruki don’t leave me.” She whined while grabbing my shirt.

“Ok Yuki I won’t. I will just be in the living room.” I said while releasing her hand from my shirt.

“No don’t leave.” She said while sitting up.

“Yuki lay back down.” I said in a gentle but stern voice.

“No.” She said crossing her arms and looking away.

“Yuki.” I said.

“Yes Haruki.” She said.

“Lay down.”
“Never.” She said standing up on the bed.

“Yuki lay down right now.” I said pointing at the bed.

“Not until you promise you won’t ever leave me.” She said finally sitting down.

“Yuki I won’t ever EVER leave you I promise.” I said while grabbing her shoulders and looking in her eyes.

“Thank you Haruki.” She said while hugging me. She finally laid down and we said goodnight. I gave her one final hug and left. I laid down on the couch and fell asleep. The next morning I woke up and heard a noise coming form the kitchen. I walked slowly not knowing what will be there.
“Oh good morning Haruki.” Yuki said making me jump 2 feet off the ground.

“Yuki you scared me!” I almost yelled still shaken up.

“I can see that.” She giggled and hugged me.

“What are doing anyway?” I asked while still hugging her. She pulled away and went back to the stove.

“I was making breakfast.” She said while mixing a pot of white rice.

“Smells good.” I said getting some bowls down from the cabinets.

“I can’t wait until tonight.” Yuki said.

“Well I hope you finally know who your real father is.” I said while wrapping my arms around her waist and I kissed her on her forehead. A timer went off.
“Oh the rice is done.” Yuki smiled, and pulled away. I put the bowls that I got out of the cabinet on to  the table. Yuki put a big bowl of rice on the table, and we sat down. We filled our bowls up with rice and stuffed our faces.

“So what are we going to do today?” I asked.

“I don’t know actually. What do you think we should do?” Yuki asked.

“Well I seen that there was going to be carnival today starting at noon.” I said

“A carnival?” Yuki asked.

“Well yeah. We don’t have to go if you don’t want to.” I said picking at my rice.

“Yeah I want to go it’s just I never been to one before.” Yuki said picking at her rice just like me.

“YOU NEVER BEEN TO A CARNIVAL?” I yelled as I jumped up.

“Well no.” Yuki said looking up.

“Then we have to go.” I said sitting back down.

“Is it fun?” Yuki asked.

“Yeah. The best fun in the world.” I said finishing up my rice. We washed the dishes and it was 10:00.

“I’m going to get ready.” Yuki said kissing my cheek and walking off. I started cleaning the table. Honestly I had nothing to do. A couple minutes later Yuki walked in, and I looked up. I could not believe what I was seeing. She was amazingly gorgeous.

“Yuki you look..” I stumbled not finding the words. She was wearing that dress I bought her and holding a black clutch. I was surprised I knew what a clutch was.

“Is it too much?” Yuki asked.

“No not much.. just amazing.” I stumbled once again.

“So shall we go?” Yuki asked.

“Yes we shall.” I smiled and held my arm out for her to grasp. I grabbed the car keys and we headed out.

“I wonder if they are going to have a Farris wheel.” Yuki said when we were close to the carnival.

“They always have a Farris wheel.” I said. We pulled into the carnival’s parking lot, and started walking to the ticket booth.

“20 tickets please.” I said to the ticket person.

“Ok here you go. Have a nice time.” The ticket person smiled. We walked into the actual carnival.

“Here you go Yuki.” I said giving her half of the tickets.

“Yay. I’m excited. What do you want to do first?” Yuki asked as she smiled up at me.

“Well.. How about the Farris wheel?” I asked.

“YES!” She screamed.

“Ok let’s go.” I chuckled. I grabbed her hand and we headed to the big Farris wheel. I felt her tense up a little.

“Yuki are you ok?” I asked.

“Uh. Yeah I’m ok.” She said grabbing her arm.

“Yuki what’s the matter with you?” I asked sympathetically standing in front of her.

“It’s just I’m scared of heights a little.” She said.

“Why didn’t you tell me? We don't have to go on the Farris wheel.” I said.

“No. I want to go I have to get over my fears. Let’s go.” She said as she grabbed my arm and ran toward the Farris wheel. When she wanted to she could be so stubborn.

“Two tickets please.” The ticket person said.

“Here.” Yuki threw the tickets down. We walked into a blue metal box type thing, and the Farris wheel began to move. Yuki squeezed her eyes shut.

“Yuki it’s ok.” I said as I scooted closer to her and I held her until we stopped at the top.

“Open your eyes. It’s ok I got you.” I said squeezing her more. She opened her eyes very slowly. When she seen that we were at the top she screamed and squeezed me more and more.

“Yuki you are ok I got you.” I said as I looked down into her eyes.

“I love you Haruki.” Yuki said as she looked up at me.

“I love you too Yuki.” I said and our heads got closer and closer. Finally after a long time we kissed. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her more. After a couple moments the Farris wheel began moving once again. Neither her nor me wanted to let go of this embrace.

“Time to go love birds.” I gasped and let go of Yuki.

“Hello? Did you hear me?” I heard the familiar voice once again. I turned around and seen the ticket person standing there waiting for us to get out.

“Oh um yeah.” I said grabbing Yuki and heading out of the metal blue box.

“Wow.. um that was the best Farris ride of my life.” Yuki said while brushing her hair back.

“Well that was the best Farris ride of my life too.” I said while going toward a carnival game.

“Knock over these bottles and win a prize.” A strange guy said very happily.

“I would hate to have his job.” I whispered to Yuki.

“Look at all these kids.” Yuki said trying to get to the booth.

“Here I will win you a bear Yuki.” I said throwing a ticket down. This was my type of game. I grabbed a ball and aimed. I threw the ball and eventually knocked over all the bottles.

“Pick your prize.” The guy said.

“Yuki you choose.” I said as I motioned her to the prize table. She looked and looked and she picked up a little brown bear.

“Isn’t she cute Haruki?” Yuki piped as she run back to me.

“Yes of course she’s cute.” I said and we continued walking.

“I have a problem Haruki.” Yuki whined as she held the bear in front of her.

“What is that.” I said looking at her.

“I don’t have a name.” She stopped and looked up at me.

“Well we can call her Ki Ki.” I said while thinking on the spot. I also used both of our names in it from Haruki and Yuki.

“Ki Ki. I love it!” Yuki piped.

“So you want to go on the paddle boats?” I asked Yuki.

“Yes!” Yuki said as she held on tight to Ki Ki. We walked to the gate and ticket booth and I gave them the tickets.

“Um sorry no bears on the ride.” One of the guys said. Yuki got sad. I was not going to deal with someone saying you can’t take a bear on a paddle boat.

“Well you are just going to have to deal with it aren't you.” I said while walking off with Yuki.

“Let’s take this one.” I said pointing at a paddle boat.

“Ok.” Yuki said getting into the boat. We took off into the lake.

“This is really beautiful.” Yuki said as she laid her head on my shoulder still holding tight to Ki Ki. It was a beautiful. Moments turned into minutes and we had to get off the boat. We did some more attractions and had some funnel cakes and made a complete mess. After a while we had to leave.

“Are you ready to find out the results?” I asked Yuki.

“Yes. I am kind of nervous about it though.” She said.

“Don’t be nervous Yuki, everything will be fine.” I said as I grabbed her free hand, and we drove to the headquarters.

“Here it is.” I said while putting the car in park and staring at the building that stood in front of us.

“Let’s go.” Yuki said in a stern voice. She was going to find out who real father was and I was even nervous. I wanted her father to actually love but both “fathers” would never love her like a real father. At least I think they wouldn’t.

(Yuki’s POV)

I walked closer and closer to my fate. I was so nervous.

“Well hello Yuki.” I heard the Boss say embracing me in a hug.

“What is that?” Sora said with sickness as he pointed at Ki Ki.

“This is Ki Ki.” I said with snobby tone shifting Ki Ki away from Sora.

“Gross.” Sora said again with sickness.

“Sora stop acting so childish.” Haruki said while pushing Sora back.

“Look who is pushing, and you think I’m childish?” Sora said pushing Haruki. They started pushing each other more and more violently and started punching each other.

“HARUKI STOP JUST STOP!” I yelled dropping Ki Ki and pulling on Haruki to get him off Sora. Then I froze. Sora had pulled out a gun.

“Now who is childish.” Sora said as he put on a stupid smile.

“Sora what are you doing?” I said. By then I had started crying.

“Don’t worry darling I won’t hurt you.” Sora said as he pulled my hair back. I looked around and everyone had their guns out. I grabbed Ki Ki and stood in front of Haruki.

“Yuki what are you doing? Go over there and let me deal with this.” Haruki whispered and pointed to a corner in the back.

“No Haruki. I’m tired of not defending myself and other people.” I whispered back.

“Sora I know you don’t want to kill him.” I said walking toward him.

“Ha. That’s where you are wrong Yuki. I do want to kill him and if you will just move out of the way I can get rid of him, and you and me can live forever in happiness.” My faced drained. He wanted to get rid of Haruki so he could have me to himself.

“I’m afraid I can’t let that happened.” I heard the Boss said going toward Sora with a gun.

“Sora put that gun away or I put a bullet in your head. Your choice.” The Boss said.

“Ok. So you put a bullet in my head and I put a bullet in Yuki’s head.” Sora said, and then I felt someone grab me and pulled me close. It was Sora. Sora was now holding me hostage and I couldn’t go anywhere cause there was a gun to my head. I started crying and seen Haruki tense up.

“Sora let her go.” The Boss said.

“Never.” Sora said jerking me.

“Sora just please put the gun down.” I whined.

“Then it wouldn’t be fun would it.” I heard him chuckle in my ear. I got sick that anyone would ever say that. Next thing I know I grabbed Sora’s gun and pointed it right at his head. I never really handled a gun but I always had fast reflexives.

“Yuki what are you doing?” I heard Sora say.

“Well I am not very sure. I just went with my gut.” I said not sure what I just did.

“Sora you are never allowed here again and you must leave now.” The Boss said. Sora gave up and walked out. I suddenly set down the gun and ran over to Haruki and hugged him.

“Oh Haruki I am so sorry about what I did.” I cried.

“It’s ok just don’t ever scare me like that ever again.” He said.

“Well it was half your fault you know.” I said looking up at him.

“What?” He said dumbfounded.

“You know what I mean. You were the one that had to push him. WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU DO THAT HARUKI?” I yelled.

“Well I don’t know. I just kind of lost it. I won’t ever do it again I promise.” He said as he kissed my forehead. I liked it when he did that it made me feel safe. I forgave him.

“So who wants to know the results?” Boss said as I turned around and ran towards him.

“I do.” I smiled. Boss opened the envelope and pulled up the paper from inside.

“This is interesting.” Boss said while looking at the papers.

“WHAT IS IT?” I yelled trying to look at the papers.

“Well here have a look yourself.” Boss said. I grabbed the papers from him and looked. It was true. Boss was my father. In joy I jumped up and down and yelled in happiness.

“I can’t believe this.” I said in disbelief. I hugged my father in a tight bear hug. I was happy that after all these years I was happy that I had my REAL father with me. At last my life was perfect.

“Yuki I have to talk to you.” I heard Haruki said after having a wonderful time talking to my father.

“Ok Haruki. I will be right back father.” I said waving to Boss. Haruki grabbed my arm and led me to another small room.

“Yuki I want you to really listen to me.” He said sitting down on a couch. I sat down right next to him.

“Just tell me Haruki. I’m listening.” I said.

“I think you should leave.” He almost whispered. I was dumbfounded.

“Why do you think that Haruki.” I said.

“Well look at what happened to you. You almost got killed and you are now on Sora’s hit list and he might ACTUALLY kill you and me.” He yelled. I just sat there not knowing what to do.

“If I leave you are coming with me.” I said.