Look At Me

Dedications From The Heart

look at me

drabble

.

.

.

look at me, he orders as he watch her sing from the side line. they are singing one year later again. he thinks it is funny that they have to sing it again a year later after night star, and at the same time, bittersweet. they have not practiced for a long time as their each perspective group was busy promoting overseas. he just got back from london when he was pulled to a brief meeting about her group's special show for christmas. he tries not to feel jealous that snsd gets their own special show for a holiday, but that's the reality of being korea's #1 girl group. they get privileges shinee can't have. 

 

 

They're all coming back to me now and I don't think my heart can take it
I've even restrained myself at the thought of you
How has your one year been


when it's his turn to sing, he looks at her. she looks pretty in her white-red laced dress, brown curls tumbling down her shoulders to her back but he sees through her caked up face and notices her weak posture, her tired eyes and her sad, lonely smile. she hangs her head low, eyes downcast and jinki feels a pang of pain in his chest. he cannot take her depressing form and he looks away briefly, singing his parts with less enthusiasm.

look at me, please, he begs.she is staring straight ahead and he wonders why. she has not given him a single glance since he had entered the stage and it's bothering him. jessica is professional in every way but she nails fan services. surely, a sweet look would enhance their chemistry on stage together? that has always been a job of an idol, right? look pretty in stage, sing good songs in stage, act nice in stage. always look good in stage. they are all marionettes of a stage. she has to do her part so there will be balance. he feels lonely in this big cold stage. he can hear the audience but he cannot see them. he only sees her. he hopes she would look now.

 

 

Could your feelings perhaps be the same as mine?
Will you give me another chance?
I know now that we can never part from each other
The one person I love and love again

glancing at her, he decides. he doesn't really like their song. it is sad and hopeful and there are too many regrets in between the lines and he wonders if he can call it their song. not quite the same situation, but befitting. for him.

please notice me, look at me, he pleads but she still doesn't. the song is almost finished and he decides that he will give up if she doesn't look until the end. he hopes she does. he hopes because if she does, it is a sign that she cares and maybe, just maybe, they can be something. they can be more that label mates. more than duet partners. more than friends. so much more.
 
I hope that we won't meet like today again


when they both hit the last note and the song has ended and their mics have been turned off and she leaves and prepares for her next stage and he is left standing alone in the stage for a minute, he hangs his head low and whispers, "why didn't you look at me?"

.

.

.

a/n:

the ending kind of . and not because it's sad. it's so abrupt lol
 
also, i read a fanacct that the reason why jessica didn't look at onew for the whole song was because she kept on laughing during rehearsal whenever she would look at him, she would laugh. and she tried so hard to stay focus and keep a straight face. xD she was sick too, i think.