Chicken Impossible

Dedications From The Heart

Chicken Impossible

{Jessica makes Jinki choose over her and chicken.}

1701w; G

.

.

.

It’s really unfair how he is so devoted to his beloved chicken instead of calling her tonight. He’s out again with his chicken friends (she calls him that because they all like chicken), eating somewhere near Apgujeong and well, at a chicken restaurant. How very predictable of them.

Last week, he took her to the same restaurant, where they served chicken as main dish, chicken broth as soup and chicken kimchi as side dish. One chicken dish is enough for her stomach to carry but three? Like everything the waitress brought out from the kitchen were poultry-related. Seriously? This entire chicken obsession has got to stop. 

So one night, while taking a stroll on the streets of Seoul and looking for a place to eat, Jinki suggests a chicken restaurant and it just pisses Jessica so much that he’s talking about chicken again, she stops in her tracks and glares at him. He just stands there, bewildered until she says something unimaginable; it almost makes him fall to his knees.

“Let’s break up.” Her voice is cold, controlled and very much in pain. She didn’t want to do this but she has to take chances.

Jinki can’t believe it. Just yesterday, she told him she doesn’t know what she would do if they got separated by the company if they find out they were on a relationship but now… now she’s breaking up with him. “Huh?” It doesn’t make sense. “But why?”

Okay, keep calm, Jessie, you can do this. She chants on her head. “Because all you ever say is chicken, chicken, chicken! When we’re on dates, we eat chicken. I mean come on babe, I know you love chicken. Heck when the PD asked you in Hello Baby who you love more between Yoongeun and chicken, you chose chicken! I know it’s been with you for twenty one years but I don’t want to compete with some food for your love.” She sighs, watching his expression change from stunned to hurt. Okay, maybe she should stop this. Seeing him like that gave her a wrench in the heart.

“When you decide who you love more between chicken and me, you can come back.” The last part sounds so wrong. Maybe she should take it all back and apologize?

“Okay.” He answers decisively. His face is full of certainty and it seems like his conviction is final. “I’ll think about it.”

What? He’ll think about it, Jessica frowns. She isn’t expecting this kind of response. Does this mean he’s not sure whose side he should take? He was supposed to choose her straight away. , , ! Her plan is such an epic fail.

She manages to control her emotions in the span of one minute. “Okay, fine.”

They both go home with him accompanying her. She is reluctant at first but he insists to take her home for her safety. They are silent on the taxi. They bid goodbye without the usual kisses or hugs or I’ll call you in the morning talk. Jessica goes to bed, unsure if this was what she wanted.

“I guess I’ll just have to see.” She whispers and falls asleep.

 

Day one

They bump into each other at the company along with Taemin and Yuri. They don’t smile or chat and just bows at each other and go on their way. Yuri and Taemin don’t know they’ve broken up. They feel something is up but keep quiet.

Jessica tells herself he’s just taking his time. He’ll come back soon… hopefully.

Day two

Again, they don’t talk when Super Junior, So Nyuh Shi Dae, SHINee and f(x) have lunch together the next day. Jinki is smiling and happy but Jessica’s sitting there, frowning and glaring at him. He doesn’t seem to notice her scary actions to him. However, everyone does.

How can he laugh like he doesn’t give a damn about their relationship on the rocks? Does that mean he chose chicken?

No, there’s still hope. He needs more time. It’s only been two days anyway. Patience Jessie.

Day three

There’s still no word from him. No text message, call or even a passed note from a label mate. Oh god. Does that mean…?

Day four

Yuri discovers about Jessica and Jinki’s status when she overheard Jessica complaining to herself how wrong her plan was. He’s never going back. He didn’t choose her. She lost over to a chicken. Yuri encourages her that it isn’t over yet.

Day five

It’s almost a week now. Jessica is feeling hopeless.

Day six

Jessica spots Jinki and the always jolly Luna together for the third time of the day again. She is really, really irritated when those two are companying each other. Why are they so close? And yes, she’s jealous over a little girl.

Day seven

It’s been a week now. Jessica grunts as she passes Eunhyuk and Jinki at the dance room to get her drinking battle she forgot to bring. Jinki ignores her while Eunhyuk asks if they’ve done anything wrong to upset her.

She heaves a sigh and retorts. “Nope, not really.” She shots the quiet boy an I hate you look before heading off to the sound booth.

Day eight

Jessica is whimpering in Taeyeon’s arms, punching the green shaped-like a tofu pillow Jinki gave her on her birthday last April. She recalls him giving it to her while saying, “If you ever feel lonely and I’m not around, you can hug this and keep in mind that I am here.”

, now she’s remembering him. She flings the pillow away, only to get up and take it back. That gift is too significant to be thrown away. Their relationship is too important to be forgotten.

Day nine

Jessica feels numb. She has cried all night for him and it doesn’t seem like he cares. It makes her tear up. It makes her whimper like a kid.

She’s such a fool for someone like him.

Day ten

Jessica is decided. It’s time to move on and forget him. She deserves better than someone who loves chicken more than her. She’s never going to eat chicken again. All poultry products will be added to the list of things she will never ever eat. First is cucumber, second is anything related to cucumbers and third is chicken. Chickens remind her of him.

Chicken=Jinki.

, her logic is messed up.

Day eleven

Maybe she’s not okay after all.

Day twelve

After convincing herself and the others that she’s all right, Jessica gets up from her bed, takes a bath, skips breakfast and goes to the company building for her schedules. She ignores all the concerned glances Yuri and Tiffany are giving her. They have to stop worrying about her. She can handle herself. It’s one break up for goodness gracious! Yes, it’s hard to forget but she can move on like everybo—

“Oof!” She bumps into someone or something (she’s usually clumsy), making her nose scrunch up in annoyance. What’s more irritating is that it’s Jinki, appearing like he’s in a hurry.

“Sorry.” He mutters, supporting her arms as she regains her balance. Silence falls as the two remain still on their spot, both thinking if they should say something but they know it’s still going to be awkward. Finally, Jessica chooses to leave.

“Wait, Jess.” Jinki grabs her arm in an attempt to stop her. She doesn’t try and free herself. “I’m ready to choose now.”

She stares at him for a long time, not really knowing what to do or say. Just a minute ago, she was thinking of moving on but now, here he is, making the move he was supposed to be doing days ago. She’s not sure how to handle everything.

“You’re right. I have been selfish a lot when we were together. I didn’t consider what you would want or how you were feeling all throughout. All I ever think and say was chicken but I can’t help it. Twenty one years is a long time to forget something. It’s a really, really lame excuse, I know, and goodness, the things coming out from my mouth right now are so weird!” He snorts at his own strangeness momentarily before being serious again.  

“Despite the length of years I’ve been with chicken, I’ve never been happier than being with you. I may be annoying, reckless, and imperfect and I know I’m not that humorous like other people, but Jess,” Jinki grabs Jessica’s cold hands. “I’m willing to give up anything for you. Even chicken or my singing career. I want to be with you. You’re the only one that satisfies me. Please get back with me?” Jinki’s eyes have always been beautiful. It’s the kind of eyes that can make your whole body shiver because of the passion and sincerity he has inside. It’s the kind of eyes that states truth and justice.

Instead of getting touch by Jinki’s heartwarming confession, Jessica frowns, shaking her other hand off his (but letting the other stay, holding tightly) and punches him in the chest. “What took you so long? Aish, really! The nerve you have to make me wait!”

The boy just laughs, grabbing the punching arm and gripping it close to his heart. “Of course! It was like life and death! Twenty two years and you’ve only been a part of me for like three years!” He jokes and it makes her hit him hard.

“I get it, I get it. I was kidding Jess.” Jinki smiles and pulls her closer so that their bodies are against each other, warm and pure. “I’m only yours.” And they kiss, smiling in between their passionate moment and it feels like the world is just theirs.

Jessica doesn’t regret momentarily breaking up with him anymore. All those thoughts now are gone. She doesn’t get jealous whenever Jinki mentions chicken (of course, when he does, he quickly apologizes and it just amuses her how he doesn’t want another stunt in their relationship like what she did before). Her problems with poultry have vanished because she knows now and no matter what happens, she will always be the only one in Jinki’s heart (and lips).

.

.

.

Author's Note: 

Dedicated to awesomeGorjess, sica019 and pinkdubu.

Thanks for the endless support. ;)

Inspired by Onew's love for chicken and well DUH my obsession with ONSICA! I was thinking of an alternative ending maybe I'll do that too. And Onew's side story. This was supposed to be a crack/comedy/romance but somehow, it became dramatic. Oh well, I think it came out fine. 

FYI: I choose my "dedicatees" randomly. Point to people subscribring to me and yeah. That's how I do it. I promise that EVERYONE will get their chances. :D I'm that grateful to you guys.

Also, please, I beg you read and comment my on-going series:  Cold Shoulders, Soft Heart. CHAPTER 15 IS OUT PEOPLE.

That is all.