단호박

y, Free, and Single

"I'm always thankful. I could do better as you do."

Replaying my line over and over, looking at every detail. The way my hair was, the way clothes looked either too big or too tight. Nothing was ever perfect for me, no matter how hard I tried! Throwing my head back, I let out a sigh of frustration. Turning my head to the side, I catch the sight of my teaser in the frame. I reach out and hold it in my hands as I observe my own photo. The extensions took hours to put on, and even longer to take off. The flowers were beautiful, though, and they were kind enough to let me keep them! The part I loved the most, was my lack of make-up. Well, at least I could feel manly about that, right?

"Sungminnie-hyung~. Come on, we're about to go to the gym!" cried Siwon. Kangin-hyung came in and followed up with a little nudge on my shoulder.

"Ya, Sungmin! Come and work out with your hyung and dongsaeng. Come on, what else are you going to do all day? Worry about what outfit you'll be wearing to the mall with Heechul-hyung?"

"Uhm, NO. For your information, hyung, I was about to take a nap. I'm exhausted, aren't you?"

"Ahh, come on Sungmin! It'll be fun. Besides, I thought you wanted to become more manly. What happened to that?"

Damn it. He got me there. I sighed, bowing my head, ready to give in. So, I changed my cloths into the workout outfit I had set on the side, and went with them anyway. But I was a little, nervous. Why? Well, hello, I was with Siwon and Kangin! The two biggest guys in the group, why wouldn't I be nervous to work out with them? I mean, I understand that they're my brothers and they'd never do anything to embarrass me, but still. I'm just small, tiny, feminine Sungmin compared to these two. . . .

Well, after hours of lifting weights, boxing, running on the treadmills, and other things, we finally got to go home. Once I stepped into the door frame the other members rushed me, asking me questions about my day with the other two. You know, stuff like if I had fun, or if I got embarrassed by working out next to the biggest guys we know. Yeah, thankfully Kangin smacked Donghae for asking me that. Stupid little fish. (kekeke, sorry Lan^^)

Fully reaching my limit of exhaustion and stress, I just went straight to my room and slammed the door. Inserting my earphones, I drown out the irritating and unnecessary sounds eminating from the parlour. Entering into my own world, a fire of ambition and need started builiding up in my gut. Grabbing my shoes, I run out of the dorms. The others had questionable looks on their faces, and I can barely hear them calling for me. I don't know where I'm running too, or why for that matter. All I know is there's this feeling in me, and I need to get it out. Until finally I pass the place of my hidden interest. Turning around, checking to see whether the other members were following me, I push the door open and instantly feel at home.

Passing the owner, a long term friend of mine, I walk into the room he made especially for me and no one else. My own world, full of things that were made just for me to use at my own leisure. I put on the old blackbelt and I turn into a different person entirely. Setting up the punching bag, I wear a smile on my face. Now was the time, to fully release all the feelings built up in me.

Roundhouse kicks, jabs, hooks, everything. Delivering the final blow to the object of my choice, I land perfectly on my feet. That's when I notice someone looking in on me. I turn to the door, and I see Kangin-hyung just standing there, observing me. I immidiately feel the urge to run and change my clothes. Hide in a corner, avoiding him at all costs. He calls me over, and I know it's too late.

"Yes hyung? What are you doing here, I didn't know you knew about this place." I ask, innocently. Knowing Kangin sees right through my act, I know what he's going to say. He's mad at me for not telling him about my little dojo. He'll start yelling at me for keeping this a secret to him. I start apologizing for anything I've done wrong, but he stops me, and says something that throws me off guard completly.

"Sungmin-ya. When I tell you this, I want you to burn it into your memory because I'm never gonna say it again, okay?" Staring intensely into my eyes, I nod my head yes so he can continue. "Sungmin. I'm so proud of you, that was really cool." he said, finishing with a smile.

"I know, hyung, and I'm sorr. . . wait, what? Hyung, are you feeling okay?" I ask, feeling to see if he has a fever. He smacks my hand away and again goes back to being the scary big brother. He waits for me to clean up, so we walk home in silence together, side-by-side. Before walking in to the dorm, he asks me what I feel when I'm doing martial arts.

"I feel, like a man. I'm happy, and I feel complete. Like the feeling I get when I'm stage with all of you, that's how I feel when I'm working on my moves. You should try and come some time, hyung. It's really fun, I think you'd enjoy it."

"I'd love to. I'll even bring Siwonnie with us, next time though okay?"

Spending individual time with each one of the members, introducing them to the art of kung fu, took weeks. It was hard work, and definitely stressful work. But when they were my "students", they didn't see me as cute, little Sungminnie that they can pick on about my feminine habits. Instead, to them I was Master Sungmin, their teacher of which they were afraid to ever speak back to. I was finally, a man.