닐게잃은 천사

y, Free, and Single

"Teukie-hyung~" Eunhyuk called out to me, in pain. Running to his room, wondering what the problem was. I saw him laying on his bed, sheets all on the floor broken out with a sweat. But he was shivering at the same time. I thought he was cold because of the shivering, so I grabbed his sheets and placed it back on him. But he complained, saying it was so hot he felt like he was on fire. Looking in his eyes, they were dilated and his face was extremely pale. Lips dry as the desert, I tried to get some water in him. But that failed, because whatever I tried to give him he just threw it back up.

"Hyung. . .It hurts. . ." he said, tears in his eyes. He was in so much pain, and I couldn't do anything to help him. No matter what I did, wasn't good enough for my little brother. Picking him up in my arms I ran to the car and placed him in the passenger seat, placing a cold and damp towel on his forehead. I grabbed my phone and called the others, telling them I was heading to the hospital. Trying my hardest to get there in time for the sake of my brother, I flew to the hospital in a rush. Thankfully there weren't any cops around, or I would have been in jail by now.

Pulling up to the emergency room, I rushed into the hospital with Eunhyuk in my arms. All the nurses and a few doctors recognized me, since my father was one of the head surgeons here. Begging for some help, a few other nurses came in with a stretcher, taking him from me and laying him down. He reached his hand out for me, which I took in my own. Running alongside him, I never let go until they told me I had to wait in the waiting room. They had to practically pry our hands apart. Before the automatic doors closed, while I could still see him, I called out,

"Eunhyuk-ah, gwenchanyo! I'll be waiting right here, I promise!"

A few minutes later the rest of the guys came and instantly filled the room. A few tried to ask me what happened, but seeing as how I didn't even greet them they knew something bad must have happened. I was sitting with my face in my hands, sad and pathetic. So much emotions ran through me all at the same time I thought I was going to go insane. I felt sad for what Eunhyuk was going through, mad at myself for not knowing what's wrong with him, scared of the fact that tonight might be the last night with him. . .no, I can't think like that. I have to think posotive thoughts. He'll be just fine, my father will make sure of it. Hyukjae hwaiting!

Seeing everyone in the waiting room, something stirred in me. I stood out of the chair and asked everyone to gather in a circle. Placing our arms across the others shoulders, now huddled close together, we all bowed our heads when I asked Siwon to do a little prayer. (hehe, of course it would be Siwon, he's the religious one^^)

"Dear Heavenly Father, we ask in your name to please watch over our brother Lee Hyuk Jae. Please make sure that he returns to us healthy and smiling again, for we all know he is not in a very sturdy condition. Please Father, we ask that you return him to us again. We all love and respect him very much, and we only want to see the best things happen for him. In your heavenly name we pray, Amen."

To be honest, I'm surprised Heechul didn't start laughing at the end of the prayer. Well actually, I'm not all that surprised. Anyway, after the prayer was finished all the rest of us could do, was just sit and wait.

It was well past midnight, probably around 1:30 in the morning now. Some of the boys started to fall asleep in the waiting area, so I just told them to go home and get some rest. That way they could come back in the morning to visit Hyuk when he wakes up. Saying goodbye and goodnight to majority of the boys, all that was left was Donghae, Heechul, Kangin and I. Heechul and Donghae kept to themselves, obviously worried about him. We all were.

While I was drifting in and out of sleep, constantly checking for any sign of my father, Kangin sat next to me.

"Neh, hyung. Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, what is it?" I ask.

"Do you think he'll make it?" Kangin looked in my eyes with so much seriousness on his face and tone. As much as I wanted to answer with what was really on my heart, I just smiled and laughed as if he just told me a joke.

"Of course he'll make it, what are you talking about? It's Hyuk Jae of all people! Don't worry Kangin, he'll be fine." I smiled. Kangin smiled back and shook his head, saying

"Yeah, you're right. He'll be just fine, what was I thinking?"

After waiting for another 45 minutes, Donghae and Heechul lost in dreamland, I saw my father walk out of the room. I stood up, ready and anxious for the news. The look on his face wasn't good, so I knew what he was going to say already. He made his way into the waiting room and woke the other two up, making sure he wanted everyone to know the news that was bound to break us all into pieces.

"Father, is everything okay. . .with Hyuk?"

"Son, I have something to tell you." and right when he was about to tell me the news, down the hall I could hear a certain little monkey yell,

"TEUK-TEUK HYUNG, I'M HUNGRY. CAN YOU GET ME SOME PIZZA?"

I ran down to his room, the other three close to me. Busting through the door to enter his room he sat up with a smile on his face looking healthier than ever. I slowly made my way over to his bed and dropped on my knees, crying tears of happiness and relief.

"Thank you hyung, for everything you do. Not just for me, but for the rest of the boys as well. We love you Teukie hyung."