Intense Teasing

Babysitting Tiffany
 
CHAPTER 7 - INTENSE TEASING
 
 
Tiffany was zoning out most of her time in class, sitting beside Jessica. She was being exceptionally quiet today, maybe because lacking of sleep. She nearly doze off if Jessica didn't everytime she set her eyes off.
 
"Fany, the lecturer is looking at you." Jessica said half-whispering, causing Tiffany to immediately open her eyes and sat upright. Tiffany rubbed her eyes and looked around, only to see Jessica grinned teasingly. "Wake up, sleepy head. You almost fell asleep again."
 
"Shut up and just let me sleep. I don't have anything to do anyway."
 
"You have, Tiffany. Just take notes from the lecture, that's the point of you being in the class anyway."
 
"Then why don't you? You've been busy with your own business since this morning." Tiffany retorted. "Who's that? The person you texted? Your boyfriend?"
 
"Nope, I don't have any." Jessica stared at Tiffany and then smiled. "Why? Are you jealous if I have one?"
 
"Hah, in your dream, Jessica." Tiffany crossed her arms and leaned against the backrest.
 
'But seriously, who is that lucky person? I mean I've never seen you being so intrigued for just a text message. Is that person so special?'
 
Jessica heaved a sigh, which draw Tiffany's attention.
 
'Why do you look… distressed?'
 
 
"Fany."
 
Tiffany was startled a little. "Yes?"
 
"What do you want to do after class ends?"
 
Jessica turned to look at Tiffany, resting her head on her hands while humming a song. Tiffany gave her a strange look.
 
"I don't know. Why did you ask?"
 
"Well, if you don't have any plan yet, I wanna go to a place. Just to get some fresh air." Jessica plastered a big smile on her face. "What do you think?"
 
"Well, that sounds-" Tiffany thought about it awhile. "Great."
 
"So you agree? Yeay!" Jessica clasped her hands together and showed her toothy grin. Tiffany was confused yet dazed at the same time.
 
"I mean, what kind of idea is that?! I'm sleepy. I wanna sleep after this crap ends." Tiffany shook her head and shut her eyes close.
 
Jessica scoot closer to Tiffany and pleaded, "Pleaseee?" She begged with her aegyo.
 
'Aw man, just stop it-- eventhough I cannot see you but I can totally imagine you doing that right now.. God your voice sounds so endearing I feel like squeezing your face like there's no tomorrow and eat you up right now.' Tiffany screamed inwardly, trying to avoid the latter's gaze.
 
"What if I insist to disagree?" Tiffany peeked with only one eye opened, side-eyeing the brunette who was pouting. 'STOP POUTING GOD DAMNIT, WHAT ARE YOU? GIRLS' GENERATION SUNNY? YOU DON'T EVEN LOOK CUTE POUTING LIKE THAT.'
 
 
"I will force you to say yes."
 
"How?"
 
Jessica placed her index finger on her chin as if she was thinking, "I don't know. Maybe I have to make you faint first, just like yesterday."
 
"What? That’s weird."
 
"Don't you remember? You were quickly awake by yourself when I threaten you. Hey, that's not even a threat. I was just going to call someone to wake you up."
 
"Of course I woke up just like that, because I thought you were going to-" Tiffany stopped midway and looked at Jessica.
 
"I was going to...?" Jessica furrowed her eyebrows and waited for Tiffany to continue. Tiffany was searching a way to change the topic when she heard the lecturer dismissed the class just in time.
 
"Forget about it, let's go." Tiffany put her book which she really didn't use at all during the class, back into her bag and got up from her seat. "By the way, if you really want to go somewhere after this, I don't mind."
 
"You okay with that? You're going, right?"
 
"Of course." Tiffany walked faster to the parking lot where her car was parked. Jessica tailed behind her.
 
"Good, because it's pointless to go there without you." Jessica flashed a smile to her before she opened the car door for her. "Come on, what are you waiting for?"
 
Tiffany was just standing there, dumbfounded. 'Is this really the cold and expressionless Jessica whom I met yesterday?' she wondered. She got pulled by the hand and pushed into the car.
 
"Get in, hurry hurry~"
 
Jessica got onto the car and quickly closed the door. She sat beside Tiffany, looking thrilled and excited as ever.
 
"Oh before we leave. Nice clothes, Tiffany." Jessica giggled and set her gaze outside the window.
 
 
Tiffany was once again confused. What’s with all of these? She thought.
 
"Wait a minute!" Tiffany yelled, making the driver stop the car even before it started moving. She held Jessica's face and looked at it closely. Jessica froze in her position.
 
"Who are you? Did you kidnap the real Jessica?!" Tiffany pinched her cheeks hard, causing Jessica to yelp.
 
"Ouch- What the.. what are you doing?" Jessica grabbed Tiffany's hands and yanked them away. She rubbed her reddened cheeks.
 
"Why are you like this?"
 
"Huh? I don't understand what you’re-"
 
"Do you have some kind of disorder?" Tiffany asked seriously.
 
"What?"
 
"Mr. Lee, please head to the nearest hospital now." Tiffany instructed her driver. "We need to check this chick."
 
"Are you crazy? I'm perfectly fine!"
 
"Try me."
 
"Here, check it by yourself if you don't trust me."
 
 
Jessica grabbed Tiffany's hand and placed it on her left chest. Tiffany was totally surprised by her sudden action. She felt like the world had stopped for a split seconds. She could feel her own heart pounded faster and she was too shy to look at Jessica.
 
"Fany, look at me."
 
Jessica demanded, but Tiffany ignored her. She gently reached for her chin.
 
"I'm fine, right?"
 
"..."
 
"It's just your heartbeat, so what's the big deal?" Tiffany pouted. "what I meant is the other disorder, not heart disorder."
 
"Oh? Then why don't you remove your hand from my heart?" Jessica said, still holding Tiffany's hand on her chest loosely. Tiffany retreated her hand and was madly blushing. She went to the corner and sat there quietly. Jessica just shrugged and continued to stare blankly outside the window.
 
'Pabo! Jessica pabo! Stupid! Idiot!'
 
 
"I'm sorry, Miss. So where are we going now?" Mr. Lee, the driver, broke the awkward silence by clearing his throat.
 
Jessica and Tiffany exchanged glances.
 
"Just go home-"
 
"No. We go to her secret place. Maybe I do need some fresh air."
 
By that, the driver started the engine and stepped on the gas. The car made its way out from the parking lot and to somewhere Jessica desired.
 
 
Tiffany stole glances at Jessica who zoning out. She had realized that Jessica stopped her texting since she saw her letting out a sigh in class. As if what Jessica teased about her was true, a part of her was jealous and another part is curious. Curious as to who. Who would it be to text Jessica nonstop since their trip to the university this morning.
 
'Maybe I should make a regulation, "no phone while on duty"? But that's nonsense, what's the point of not letting her using her handphone when most of the time, she is on duty?'
 
Tiffany shook her head quietly and decided to sleep until they reached their destination.
 
 
 
Meanwhile...
 
 
"THIS STUPID GIRL, HOW DARE SHE TURNS OFF HER PHONE?!" A girl made her way out of the cubicle and went outside the office.
 
"The number you're calling is unavailable, please call again later or leave a message after the tone."
 
"Damn!"
 
The anonymous girl was silently cursing in her head as she waited for a taxi. She tried several times again to contact someone on the other line, she still could not reach the caller. Soon as she got the taxi, she headed to where she knew she could get an explanation of all her worries.
 
The elevator bell chimed, the girl in her worksuit quickly stepped off of it. She took out her phone from her bag and dialed a number.
 
"Hello, Unnie? I'm outside your office. We need to talk."
 
She hung up the phone and waited. A couple of minutes later, a woman showed up. The woman gave her alluring smile, but it didn't make the younger girl calm down.
 
 
"Hey, what's with the hurry? You can just knock on my office."
 
"Yeah, but that annoying secretary of yours won't let me in."
 
"...Well, she's a little bit overprotective to me. She's jealous of you because we're close."
 
"Unnie, cut it off. We're not gonna talk about you and Nicole unnie. It's about Jessica unnie."
 
The woman gestured the girl to sit on the vacant sofa. The girl obeyed the older one.
 
"How come you did not ask for my permission about giving Jessica that kind of duty?"
 
"What kind of duty?" She asked with puzzled expression.
 
"The one she's currently doing at the very moment, unnie." The younger girl snapped.
 
"Well, she said yes so what's the problem?"
 
"The problem is, Hyoyeon unnie, I do not approve."
 
Hyoyeon let out a laugh, "The one who should be interogated is Jessica, Krystal. Not me."
 
"Why did you let Jessica do this?" Krystal was worrisome and anxious at the time, but it just made Hyoyeon's grin grew wider.
 
"Because I know she can do it. Besides, that's not really dangerous, protecting a Heiress who will inherit all her daddy's wealth. Maybe some scumbags who try to kidnap the heiress to get some money, but that's not enough to harm the Mighty Jessica."
 
Krystal groaned and caressed her temple, "Ugh, this is why I hate mom for letting Jessica pursuing her dream of becoming a cop."
 
Upon hearing Krystal's statement, Hyoyeon plastered a mocking smile. "We're not ordinary cops, Krystal. We're special operation that was made for special mission."
 
"Whatever, I'm just gonna bring her home."
 
"Aigoo you're so hard headed." Hyoyeon squinted her eyes. "Why are you that afraid?"
 
"I don't know, I'm just..traumatic of losing someone I care so much." Krystal smiled weakly. "Give me the address of her current place."
 
"You mean the heiress' house?" Hyoyeon asked, only to receive a nod from Krystal. "Do you have pen?"
 
Krystal handed Hyoyeon a pen, then Hyoyeon made out a small notes from a piece of paper.
 
"Here. If you wanna go there, please say hi from me to her, especially to the heiress. I heard that chick is pretty hot." Hyoyeon gave the little paper to Krystal and winked.
 
"Yeah whatever."
 
"By the way, be careful, Krystal. It is very potential if Jessica likes Tiffany."
 
Krystal turned to look at Hyoyeon, pulling off her disgusted look. "Hwang Tiffany is a cocky girl, I know Jessica's type. She's way too far from it."
 
"Don't judge someone from the cover. Maybe she's not that bad." Hyoyeon said with a rather teasing tone, pestering her little friend.
 
"Not judging, but telling a fact. For your info, I work at her dad's company, I know her better than you."
 
Hyoyeon simply smiled and tapped the younger girl shoulder. "My only wish is that: please do not set her house on fire." She told her jokingly.
 
The elevator door opened and Krystal hopped in.
 
"Nah, I won't."
 
Krystal gave off her quick smile before the elevator door closing. She saw Hyoyeon waved her hand playfully. She pressed the ground floor button and glanced at her wrist watch.
 
"Let's hope so."
 
 
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED

A/N: Newest chapter of this story. How's the bonus spoiler? :p