You See What?

Babysitting Tiffany
 
CHAPTER 4 - YOU SEE WHAT?
 
 
The trip to Tiffany's house was not too long, it only took like 30 minutes. But the passenger felt otherwise. In their way back home, Tiffany would always stole glances at Jessica, sneakily peeked her. Jessica only stared blankly at the road with her chin rested on her hand, sometimes tapped her cheek with the fingers. Jessica knew Tiffany had been peeking at her ever since they got on the car. She'd occasionally glance at her, causing the red haired girls turned her face away awkwardly.
 
 
"Fany we're here." Jessica poked the latter gingerly. Tiffany didn't budge so she tried once again. Tiffany was facing the opposite direction, so Jessica couldn't really tell what she was doing. "Hey, Tiffany Hwang.." Jessica shook her body which was leaning to the side with her head on her hand helplessly. Soon she heard something like murmurs or someone breathing soundly. "...don't tell me the heiress is sleeping."
 
Now Jessica was facing her fully, she reached for her face and she gently turned her head to see. Tiffany stirred a bit when she did so, and now her face was revealed. "She's really sleeping," Jessica sighed and retreated her hand from the latter's face. "Maybe cling onto anger makes her energy drained."
 
 
Jessica hopped off the car and went to the other side of it. She opened the door carefully; not wanting the girl who currently rested her hand on the door panel fell. She turned around as she opened the door widely. She put the latter's hand around her neck. Yes, she was going to piggyback the heiress. She took a quick look over her shoulder to see Tiffany who merely moved a bit. She went into the house and to Tiffany's room.
 
 
*
 
 
Tiffany's POV
 
I smelled a familiar scent through my nostrils. I threw my hand to the side and it hit a soft plushy thingy. I touched it, I knew this was none other than my totoro doll. I tried to open my eyes but my eyelids...it felt so heavy. My eyes finally opened and I stared blankly at the ceiling. I feel like remember something but I couldn't. I sat on the bed and stretched my hand when the other one rubbed my eye. I yawned and fell back to bed. I feel like a lazy . Why am I so sleepy? Last night I must be trapped in a pub with those two party animals.
 
But then something hit me.
 
"I didn't go to any pub last night, did I..?" I glanced to the digital clock on my nightstand. I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw the time clearly written on it.
 
"19.17 ?? It means 7 pm right?" I murmured in low tone, still wondering what happened with my eyes closed. 
 
Suddenly I remembered something. No, but everything. Everything that happened today. I shot my eyes open and sat upright. I put my slippers on and went downstairs immediately.
 
 
I went to the dining room, as I knew everybody, or at least someone certain, would be there to have dinner. I was standing at the doorframe, watching her sitting at the dining chair eating kimchi, fried rice and spicy rice cake that Boom usually made for my dinner. I guess she realized my presence in the room when she stopped her munching and looked at me. Expressionless. 'Tch..I think she needs to restock her expression.'
 
Soon I found myself already sitting across her. I unconsciously gawk at her. The way she ate, the way she held the spoon, the way chew; it somehow intrigued me....what?
 
"I don't know people also gawk at me although I'm only wearing my pajamas."
 
I couldn't hear her clearly but I could see her sly smirk. She was focused on her meal though. I bet she was starving. I joined her to eat my dinner. I flipped my plate and think of what to eat. I shoved two spoonful of fried rice, a bowl full of the delicious spicy rice cake and got two slices of salmon. I began to eat my dinner when I felt the atmosphere in the dining table was really awkward.
 
I didn't know why, maybe because it's our first dinner together. At the dining table, in my house, with maids and Boom oppa around. Not so dinner together, but well...it's still awkward.
 
I could see from the corner of my eyes Jessica finished her meals. She was drinking the water while eyeing the surrounding.
 
"Your father not home yet?"
 
I tilted my head to look at her who was wiping with the napkin. I simply shook my head, keep munching my food. She leaned closer to the table and closer. She stared at me but now with the look on her face that I couldn't tell.
 
"Are you that hungry Fany?" She chuckled. Hey, what's so funny?
 
"I remember I didn't eat during lunch break. That explains why."
 
The room fell silent. Only the sound of my chopstick or spoon could be heard when it crash the suface of plate or bowl. I was still busy with my food, so I didn't bother to know what Jessica do. She sat still on her seat though. I don't know what she was thinking of but I'm sure it is not me. 'Why would I care whether she think of me or not? Geez'
 
 
"Desserts?" Boom oppa  startled me. I looked at him, asking him to continue. "Ice cream? Yogurt? Pudding?"
 
"Ice cream would do. Thanks."
 
"You want some too, Jessica-sshi?" Boom oppa turned to look at Jessica.
 
"No thanks. I'm already full." She smiled so sweetly. Can she be just like that instead of being expressionless all the time?! She's so cute when smiling..
 
 
The room engulfed with silence again. As much as I hated this situation, I couldn't do anything about it. Starting a conversation with her probably would work, but... she was supposed to be the one who start talking, why me? The heiress?
 
Jessica was seen troubled with the situation too, I guess. She was like wanting to say something. I watched her as I noticed her outfits had changed.
 
"Your...clothes..changed.."
 
Jessica looked bewildered, she glanced at her shirt before she said, "Of course... Am I ...prohibited to change it?"
 
"N-no.." why did I stutter?
 
'...wait, something is wrong.'
 
"Here's your ice cream."
 
"Thank you."
 
I began eating the ice cream with doubtful mind, until I completely remember something. My clothes... they were different from before. It meant someone had changed it when I was asleep. But, who?
 
 
"Oh, Fany. I forgot to tell you that I changed your clothes because you seemed uncomfortable with those so.."
 
I exchanged glance with Jessica and my cheeks were burning. "Oh no, don't faint again, please!" She said when she saw the expression on my face, waving her hands and seemingly worried.
 
 
"So, you did see my undies?"
 
"Uh, I didn't really focus on things. I just changed your clothes, really quick."
 
"Thank god." I uttered in a very low tone.
 
I continued to eat my dessert when Jessica got up from her chair. 
 
"But that doesn't mean I didn't see a cute, tiny yellow duck printed on your underwear..." Her voice trailed off but I could still hear that. I saw her stuck her tongue out before running as fast as she could.
 
 
"JESSICAAAA!!!!!"
 
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED