Bottled Up Inside l F a i r y t a l e s D O E x i s t

Memories of a Forgotten Farewell

 

 

 

 

 

C h a p t e  r  3

quotes1.jpg

When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever wanted. In fairy tales the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. Then you grow up and you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG1C7EkgZsrFsN9kQUbEL

S o o  J u n g  ' s  P e r s p e c t i v e 

Walking alone.... It's what I detest the most. Man, I truly miss those days when Lu Han, everyday, without fail, brought me home with a goodbye kiss. His lips... I miss its contact with mine.  Believe it or not, but I love Lulu more than you think. Not all of it was based on physical attraction.

As I continued to walk, with the raindrops continuously trickling down my soaked hair, a bright red Mercedes rushed past me with a sense of urgency. A lady with caramel, wavy, medium length hair drove while briskly wiping her tear-streaked cheeks. I hope everything is all right. That sister I knew as my sister for the past 16 years never holds a troubled expression on her face. Yet, it seems like she's aging with the apparent wrinkles. Then it struck me. Su Min. You must live. Really, this whole swapping thing is driving me insane.

My tracks instantly stopped dead cold at the sight of the intimidating, yet bewitching wish-granting shop that I now consider as home. Its dark aura, accompanied by its lean, tall pillars, should have kept people from approaching this building. But, yet again, lazy bums who can do nothing but wish are drawn into this. I don't understand why they don't get what they desire with their own hands. Independence is key, people.

"I'm home, Sleeping Beauty," I signaled while in the process of removing drenched shoes.

"Oh, what is that? A nickname you've come up for me?" Dun Jae, my biological, so-called "non-existent" princess, remarked with a smirk. Guess I've inherited my rambunctious nature from her. Sarcasm aside, that old lady with her delayed aging still looked stunning as ever, with her blonde hair resting femininely upon her composed shoulders. I must've spaced out, for she snapped her fingers, my eyes slightly widening in surprise. "You okay, child?" I nodded.

"No customers today?"

"Just entertained one just a little while ago. Someone who I was acquaintances with. In fact, he's very much part of our family." I rolled my eyes. My mother likes to make things complicated than they really are.

"I could care less, Dun Jae." I gripped my cloak as I side-glanced over at the direction of my mother, living her life with such an unbelievable, carefree attitude. I gulped. "Say Dun Jae. Aren't you worried about Su Min? You should be thankful! Without her, you could've been stuck in that sleeping position of yours forever! Never will you ever flutter your eyes and live up until now. Can't you even express even just a little bit of your appreciation by revealing everthing to me? Tell me how to awaken Su Min, damn it!" I bit my bottom lip, with amazement that even I can utter that kind of statement. Baek Soo Jung, I'm impressed.

As expected, her eyebrows furrowed in, I assume, realization. "Look, child. I'm no longer the main character of this story. I will, however, reveal everything to you when the time is right. Anyways, you two. Take care of Soo Jung." The fairies nodded in obedience. I sighed.

"All right. Thanks anyway." Now time to go up to a place that makes me realize how small I really am and my problems are: the attic. With my rapid walking pace, I reached my destination in no time. "Sun Hee and Mi Young. Can you refresh my mind about this whole Sleeping Beauty situation that Su Min and I are in?"

"Okay." Mi Young cleared and began in a narrative tone:

"Once upon a time, the most beloved King and Queen, in desperate desire, finally gave birth to a child, Baek Dun Jae. The whole kingdom rejoiced in glee, and an endless chain of gifts came upon her way. In celebration, the parents held a big party, particularly inviting five fairies, which include me, Sun Hee, Hana, Jae Hwah, and Hyun Ah, who can offer the child talents in the fileds of art, magic, music, astrology; you name it. The fifth fairy, however, out of jealousy, cursed the child of falling into a deep sleep after pricking her finger upon a needle. After embarking that unfavorable "gift", the King and Queen shook in fear in each other's arms. In an unwavering wish to let his daughter live in peace and happiness, the King ordered for each and every sewing machine to be banished. After 16 years, the inevitable occured. Baek Dun Jae pricked her finger while wandering far out into the forest. The King and Queen, now powerless, displayed her body in a coffin for themselves and the people of the kingdom to pray for their lively princess' return. Meanwhile, a prince, living far away, heard about the irresistable beauty of Dun Jae, and began his search, high and low. Finally, seeing the defined, gorgeous princess right before his eyes, the prince's heart was filled with lust, therefore her."

"What a jerk my father was. Why didn't you stop him?" I mumbled.

"No interruptions please, young one," Sun Hee firmly ordered.

"Please continue."

Your mother, in deep sleep, unknowingly gave birth to identical twins, you and Su Min. During one of your "milking" sessions, you mistakened your mother's pricked finger as her , you out the needle and broke the unthinkable. However, in the womb, you two being children of a cursed woman, also inevitably became cursed as well. You drank most of Su Min's blood, weakening your sister. You became extremely healthy, even receiving Su Min's gifts and made it as your own, while Su Min became a weakling. Since you, the healthy twin, the needle, you also have been cursed into deep sleep once the clock docks at 12 during your 16th birthday. We thought that we, the fairies, should transfer the curse onto Su Min, who is bound to not live a long life. Unfortunately, your soul refused to offer the needle. Just then, the idea of swapping your souls struck us. If your soul escaped your body, the needle would be left in your body. So you, with the healthy soul, entered the body of Su Min, whole Su Min fulfilled the vice versa. We also transferred your blood into this body."

"Okay. Now, tell me how to save my sister."

"The last missing puzzle pieces are something that you, along with the two to-become-princes, must figure out."

"But why are we living in this world? You saying that Sleeping Beauty is an actual living person?"

"All books that no longer exist because of excessive burnings are cursed to reincarnate all characters to complete the plot in a different setting. All people living are writing their own stories, and something that we are unaware of triggers these characters to live their lives into another setting," Sun Hee informed. I sighed the second time. Seriously. The main character should make his grand entrance now. 

 

 


 

[A/N]

MIANHE EVERYBODAY. I didn't update, for I was devoting myself to endless

practicing for the YG audition! If you're interested, I'm going to do an update over at A Diary I Share With You.

Anyways, this is the longest chapter EVAR. Hurray for me!  It was intended to be longer,

with Se Hun finally making his apppearance, but  I decided to you guise a bit with the relevation.

Everything still sounds confusing? GOOD. No surprise to the writer, no surprise to the reader.

HARHARHAR. I seriously don't know how this fan-fiction will end, neither do I know the definite events. ;A;

That has its own consequences, bruuuuuh.

Feel free to point any spelling/grammatical errors.Anyways, hope you enjoyed this!

Please leave feedback. Hope to hear from you guise!

If you can suggest another song background, tell me in the comments!

Sayonara, tomodachis~

-Whytheglumface 15/07/12

 


P.S.