Bottled Up Inside l S i m p l i c i t y

Memories of a Forgotten Farewell

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

C h a p t e r   4

quotes1.jpg

What happens when she's your Cinderella, but you're not her Prince Charming?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG1C7EkgZsrFsN9kQUbEL

e  H u n ' s  P e r s p e c t i v e

I'm used to unrequited love.

I've devoted myself to one girl and one girl only.

I'm not complaining. If I'm experiencing pain and happiness at the same time while I'm by her side, I consider myself as an extraordinary person.

My *hime-sama, in constant extreme pain, lying down, without her usual radiant smile, but instead an emotionless, cold expression. And what did I, as a knight, decide on doing? I became doctor.

That Su Min I've seen yesterday... something felt out of place. That certainly wasn't her. I can feel it. Somewhere in this world, my *hime-sama is unhappy.

As I've breezed through the exams, with no difficulty in proceeding through the correct steps of First-aid, a professor I didn't bother to get to know, called out, "Oh Se Hun! Come to my office immediately!"

"Yes, what can I do to help you?" Call me boring, but politeness is a trait you can never take away from me.

"Tomorrow, you'll be receiving your license! I congratulate you. Now, time to get your first assignment." Dr. Lee fumbled through stacks of paper, scratching his head once in a while at loss. "Where did I put that damn thing?" I stood there awkwardly, with my back straightened.

Su Min seems to be healthy now anyways, so what was the benefit of going through this harsh doctor training? I sighed. Sometimes, I've got spend more quality time getting to know myself and what I really want out of life. To my surprise, the overweight doctor rose up in excitement. "Found it!" I peered over at the paper, curious. "This will be your patient. Name's Jung Soo Jung. Now, she's not in critical condition whatsoever, but she remained asleep for the past 2 months. None of the doctors can quite figure out her sickness, but man. She'll be losing lots of brain cells, also trigerring the possibility of heart disease, diabetes, and an increased risk of death. Poor girl. She seems to be quite beautiful too. Such shame. Your assignment, since you only stay here for a short amount of time, is to check the medical equipment, change her dextrose every now and then. This must be a piece of cake for you. Sorry we couldn't offer you a more challenging assignment. There hasn't been a lot of patients lately." 

"I understand. I shall head over there. Room 25, correct?" Dr. Lee nodded.

"There might be some visitors still present in the room. You are given the permission to shoo them away, since visiting hours are now over. Here, take the paper." I nodded. 

"Alright. Thank you very much."

After some twisting and turning, I have finally arrived at the room over to my left. I inhaled and clenched my fists. Ms. Jung Soo Jung, I will promise to take care of you. Promises, for me, are never meant to be broken.

I entered the flower-filled room, with two women, who I assume, are her sisters. One faintly called out, "Jung Soo Jung. Please wake up." The table beside them are overflowed with crumpled tissues.

My patient lied down peacefully, without any distressed look on her face, her long eyelashes refusing to reveal her eyes. Her defined nose truly casts her over to the "beautiful princess" category.  Her soft bangs resting slightly on her forehead, her mid-length jet black hair truly defining beauty. Her lips, as red as a rose. Okay, I'll stop. I'm merely describing Snow White. I cleared my throat. "Ladies, visiting hours are over. If you can kindly leave." I have a for tear-eyed girls. But nothing compares to my Su Min. That's just a plain old saying I go by. As the two ladies headed towards the door, I uttered, "She will be alright. You have to just keep your faith and believe." One lady, with braided hair and smudged make-up, appeared dumb-founded, but later replied with a tearful smile.

"That's a given. But thank you for those kind words."

Ka-cha. The door clicked. I grabbed a handful of strands of hair, hiding any sign of depression. I want go  cloud-gazing with her, lying playfully on the grass, possibly even holding her hand. That is, if she'll let me. The memories of admiring her from afar, the nerve-wrecking moments whenever a guy would confess, those rejoicing moments when she would reject them. The simplicity of drinking bubble tea with her, laughing with her, seeing her eye smile, giggling to myself at her cuteness. Feeling the gushing wind on a couple swing with her, comforting her when she cries, or simply talking while riding my bike. You might consider them as everyday happenings, but I never took her for granted.

I shook my head. What would happen if I space out like that again in the process of surgery? I gritted my teeth. Now, time to change her dextrox. Click click. My footsteps sound so heavy.

As I headed over to her beautifully-crafted face, a flashback greeted me, with a faint cry, "Oh Se Hun!" That was Su Min. My *hime-sama is crying. Suddenly, I felt a possessive grip tightening in my heart. Why would such a thing happen? I just looked at her face and yet, I feel like as if I'm part of something inevitable. I bit my bottom lip. Ba-dump. Ba-dump. My heart... it's banging in my chest. I clutched my shirt, gulping in confusion. Jung Soo Jung...

*Hime. You're a spitting image of this lady in front of me.

*Hime/Hime-sama: Princess in Japanese

 


 

[A/N]

OMG. I updated this thang... >D8< Inconceivable.

That was such a quick update. Anyways, this is kinda rushed and a filler chapter. <.<

Am not satisfied. But will publish it anyway since I'm a lazy bum.

N'aww. Actually, I shall revise this after I write my A/N.

Hope you enjoyed it though. Se Hun, the main character,

has finally made his appearance! Quite the clingy one, eh?

kthanxbai. Wuv y'all. P.S. The GIF at the bottom is one adorable chibi.

-Whytheglumface, 17/07/2012