Bottled Up Inside l I t ' s b e e n a w h i l e

Memories of a Forgotten Farewell

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

C  h a p t e r  2

No one's afraid of heights.

They're afraid of falling.

No one's afraid of swimming.

They're afraid of drowning.

No one's afraid of love.

They're afraid of rejection.

S o o  J u n g ' s  P e r s p e c t i v e

Lu Han, your kindness hasn't changed. Seeing you like this, constantly weeping... Please stop. I no longer want to see you suffer. How I wish to wipe your tears, to reassure you that everything will be all right, to kiss away the pain and to tell you that I am alive. My heart still beats for you. Can't you feel it? It rejoices in happiness while at the same time, wrenches in agony seeing you like this. How I wish that you knew everything. How I wish you knew that crying is pointless. There is hope. If you believe in our love, my sister's "the one for her" will come. He must. I no longer want to be stuck in here, a place where I don't feel like me. After all, being unable to be with you makes me feel incomplete.

"Oh, thank you very much! But, are you also riding the bus?"

He shook his head. "No. But I live near a bus stop. I can drop you off, if you'd like."

I nodded in appreciation, "Thanks!" How I detest faking my cheerfulness. It should be something natural, not forced. But it's mandatory. He gave me a slight nod, managing to half-heartedly smile. But it was lacking something. He can no longer smile like he did before because of me. 

We walked on the soaked grass, his umbrella always sheltering my head but rarely his. I remember enjoying ruffling his hair whenever we played tag in the rain. Oh, those days. My hand, or rather, her hand unconsciously rose, resting slightly on his highlighted bangs. He gave me a confused gaze, and to end the awkwardness, I flicked his forehead. He seemed rather startled, but chuckled, regaining back a little of his liveliness. "You seem to be the playful one. May I know your name?"

"Jung- no. Baek Su Min." That was a close catch.

"Nice to meet you, Su Min. I'm Lu Han." No, we've met, Lulu. He reached out his hand, the hand I clutched onto during my last few minutes, or rather, the hand I, Soo Jung touched. Of course I had to reach out, though I detest the fact the he'll come in contact with another girl's hand. Alright, I admit. I'm the jealous type.

"Yes, sir! Nice to meet you!" Our hands shot straight up in the air, and down again and up and down. His eyes, dumb-founded, rapidly followed the movement of our my weird way of greeting. I let go and roared in laughter. "Lulu, you should've seen your eyes! It looked like you were being hypnotized!" Oh no. Not the nickname. I'm doomed. Lu Han's eyebrows furrowed as he glanced at me, but returned back to his signature emotionless expression.

"Miss Baek, that's a very clever nickname, but please avoid using it. It has a sentimental meaning." I know, stupid. I was the one that gave it to you. "Apology accepted. Now erase that guilty, smug look on your face. It doesn't suit you." He giggled to himself, slightly having an eye smile. 

"Sorry." It always went like this. Whenever one of us felt guilty of something, the other would always ease the mood by treating the pouting as the apology.

"I act like this with my girlfriend. I feel as if I'm treating you the same way since you're so identical, inside and out. I don't know if that's a coincidence." Witty use of that word:"identical". Su Min, be strong. "The one for you" will come. Be strong, for both of our sakes. And for theirs, as well.

"Here we are." No, that was too quick. Lu Han, I want to be with you longer. Forever, if possible. But reality struck me. I'm no longer Soo Jung. He'll never appreciate the feelings coming from a girl he just met. He's too attached to the memories. 

"Alright. Thank you."

He began to walk, but reluctantly called out, "See you tomorrow!" He waved, while I gave him a small wave myself. He turned around  to resume his walking, his black Calvin Klein coat eventually fading out from my sight.

"Well, well, Soo Jung. You must not get too close. Remember, a moth to a flame will die. No matter how much you love him, you must stay put," Sun Hee reminded. Mi Young nodded in agreement. I gave in. No matter what I say, Sun Hee's words are law.

"Yes, I know.  I just hoped he wouldn't turn his back on believing."

 

 


[A/N

Hi. Sorry for the monotone greeting,

but man was it tough for me to craft this chapter.

And yet again, it's not lengthy. SHIZ.

I have difficulty writing long chapters, as you can see.

I just eventually lose interest/focus.

But you likey the chappie? If you can post comments of what you think,

I'll treat that as good feedback. Feel free to point out any

grammatical/spellling errors. 

But anyways, I gained 2 subs.  HUZZAH FOR MOI.

kthanxbai.  

26/06/2012 -Whytheglumface