Reset (Chapter 8)

RESET

 

Chapter 8

 

 

Donghae was sitting at the living room. He was sitting lazily on the sofa while rubbing his forehead

 

“You’re here”

 

He heard his mother

 

“How’s your press con awhile ago?”

 

Donghae slowly opens his eyes and shoot her a serious glare

 

“Are you happy now Umma? Are you and Appa happy now?”

 

“Lee Donghae, stop talking to me like that”

 

Donghae smirk

 

“What? I’m just asking if you and Appa are happy to hear that I told the media that I’m getting married next week to Lee Eunhyuk. A very famous, influential and rich woman who happens to be a Hollywood actress. Her father is an Ambassador of London and she was raised properly there. The heiress of the biggest company in London and Australia, are you happy that finally you will have a daughter in law like her?”

 

Mrs. Lee slaps her son

 

“You know nothing Hae! Stop talking to me like that!”

 

“I know nothing? You and Appa just sell me to her father. You guys are so selfish for selling your own son for the sake of saving Appa’s company. What kind of parents are you?”

 

Donghae was controlling his anger

 

“Is my happiness really important to you?”

 

“Hyukkie is the right woman for you”

 

“You’re just telling me that because her father will save Appa’s company. You guys are just a gold digger”

 

“LEE DONGHAE”

 

Donghae stand up

 

“Will you please stop nagging around Umma? I’m just telling you the truth and you just can’t accept it! You want me to marry Hyukkie because she’s damn rich and her father is a very influential man”

 

“That’s not it!”

 

“Then what? I’m telling you that I don’t love her, but you and Appa keeps on insisting me to marry her! I love Jessica and you know that very well”

 

“She’s not the right girl for you”

 

“I love her and not Lee Eun—“

 

Donghae suddenly stop when he notice Eunhyuk standing at the door way

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Eunhyuk was controlling her tears from falling

 

“I invited her for lunch”

 

Mrs. Lee told his son

 

“Then go ahead and have lunch with her”

 

Donghae told his mother before running upstairs. Mrs. Lee walks towards Eunhyuk and smile at her

 

“Don’t worry about him”

 

“He’s mad at me, right?”

 

Mrs. Lee shook her head

 

“Of course not sweetheart, Hae is just tired, but he will be fine later”

 

“Is he ok Umma?”

 

“Of course sweetheart”

 

Mrs. Lee holds her daughter in law’s hand

 

“Come, let’s go at the garden first. Minnie is there. She’s actually waiting for you”

 

“Can I just talk with your son first?”

 

“You can talk to him later. Just let him rest first”

 

Eunhyuk nod and follow her mother in law at the garden

 

 

 

 

Donghae went downstairs and saw Eunhyuk sitting elegantly on the sofa while reading magazines. He stares at her for the meantime

 

“What are you still doing here?”

 

Eunhyuk didn’t look at her. She turns the page of the magazine

 

“Umma and Minnie went out to shop at the mall”

 

“You didn’t join them?”

 

Eunhyuk shook her head

 

“How long do you plan to stay here?”

 

“After I talk to you”

 

Eunhyuk close the magazine and put it back on the magazine rack. She stares at Donghae who is standing at the stairs

 

“Do you have a minute? Can we just go at the garden and talk?”

 

“What for?”

 

“I just want to clarify something”

 

Donghae sigh and went at the garden. Eunhyuk follows him

 

“What do you want?”

 

Donghae ask her. He sits on the garden swing and stares at the sky

 

“Donghae-shi”

 

Eunhyuk sits beside him

 

“Are you not tired of getting mad to the world?”

 

“What?”

 

Eunhyuk smile at him

 

“You always frown and you always get mad at the people around you. Are you not tired of acting like that?”

 

“I’m acting like this because of you”

 

“Me?”

 

Donghae nod

 

“You ruin everything when you arrive in my life!”

 

Donghae stares at her and notice the tears that were about to fall from her eyes

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Eunhyuk look away

 

“I know that this is my entire fault, but...I’m just asking you to give me your three years”

 

“Why are you so desperate?”

 

Eunhyuk didn’t answer her

 

“You want me to be your slave for three years?”

 

Eunhyuk shook her head

 

“Just let me be your wife for three years”

 

“But I don’t love you and you know that”

 

“I know”

 

“If you love me, just set me free”

 

“I’ll set you free after three years”

 

“Is that even true?”

 

Eunhyuk nod

 

“You have my words and you agree to my proposal to you. Don’t worry because I’m not a selfish girl. You can marry Jessica after three years. I’ll set you free after three years”

 

Donghae nod and look at her

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

Eunhyuk nod

 

“Junsu is your fiancé before right? Why did you guys broke up?”

 

Eunhyuk stares at the sky

 

“That was a long time. Daddy wants me to end our relationship because his family is our family’s enemy. We don’t know about that. Honestly, it’s really hard to leave the person you love but I need to let him go or else I’ll hurt daddy and I don’t want that to happen”

 

“That’s why you always follow him and that includes our arrange marriage issue. You want to marry me because that’s what your dad wants you to do and you’re just too afraid to oppose him because you don’t want to hurt him”

 

Eunhyuk shook her head

 

“I’m going to marry you because I love you and I want to help your father’s company”

 

“I don’t want to owe you something”

 

“You don’t owe me anything. This is my own decision”

 

“You’re really desperate”

 

Eunhyuk nod

 

“I think so”

 

“You love someone you just met”

 

“I know you because you’re a famous actor here in Korea. I’ve read a lot about you and watch some of your interviews”

 

“But it’s not a good reason for you to love a stranger like me. You don’t know me so well”

 

“I know, but I love you and I don’t know why”

 

Donghae smile

 

“You’re so weird”

 

“Because I’m desperate”

 

Eunhyuk smile when Donghae laugh

 

“So, you know how to laugh?”

 

Donghae look at her and laugh again

 

“Don’t forget that I’m also human so I know those things”

 

Eunhyuk smile while watching the stars

 

“Barbie girl”

 

Eunhyuk look at him

 

“Where is your mother?”

 

Donghae notice her sad face

 

“Oops, sorry. Did I just ask a wrong question?”

 

Eunhyuk manage to smile

 

“Well...my dad told me that my mom died after giving birth of me”

 

“Your dad never marries again?”

 

Eunhyuk nod

 

“I live my life alone ever since I was a child. Daddy is always busy with his work, but I understand because he always explains it to me. He tries his best to be a mother and a father at the same time. We migrated in London when I was four. Daddy becomes the Ambassador of London when I was eight and he become very busy. I don’t usually saw him at home because he always travel around the world for business and important matters”

 

“Who takes care of you?”

 

“My nannies, they are the one who watch over me when my dad is away”

 

“How about your relatives?”

 

Eunhyuk pouts

 

“Well, I’m not close with them. My cousins think that I am brat and snobbish because I grow up in London. I have friends, but only few. I’m close with my co-actors and actresses but some of them have an attitude that’s why I don’t like them so much”

 

“Are you not afraid to lose your popularity as an actress?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I mean you’re such a famous Hollywood actress, you’re risking everything when you marry me”

 

“I have a lot of fans here in Korea”

 

“I know, but”

 

Eunhyuk hold his lips

 

“I’m not scared of losing everything and leaving everything just for you. I am aware that when I marry you, I need to stay here in Seoul and give up my career as a Hollywood actress. I won’t regret anything and I’m happy leaving my career there and start my new life here in Korea with you”

 

“You’re just going to be my wife for three years”

 

Eunhyuk smile

 

“Then I’ll spend my three years happily with you. Those three years will be the happiest moment in my life”

 

“You sound like your dying after three years”

 

Eunhyuk just smile and focus her eyes back to the sky

 

“I just want to treasure my life here on earth and live each of my days without regrets”

 

“Are you going home now Barbie girl?”

 

“If you want me to go home now”

 

Donghae smile at her

 

“Can you join me in dinner before you go home? I’ll just change my clothes and let’s go out for dinner, what do you think?”

 

Eunhyuk stare at him

 

“You’re asking me for a date?”

 

“If that’s what you call it”

 

Eunhyuk nods happily

 

“It will be my pleasure Donghae-shi”

 

“Just call me Hae. Don’t be so formal because you’re going to be my wife soon”

 

“Ok Hae”

 

Donghae smile

 

“Wait for me. I’ll just go upstairs and change my clothes”

 

“Arasso”

 

Eunhyuk nods at him and smile brightly

 

* * *

 

 

 

 

*FINSBURY PARK, LONDON*

 

 

“Umma”

 

Minho smiles brightly at his mother while holding her hand as they walk together at Finsbury Park. Donghae was walking beside Minho, scanning the map of the park

 

“This park is really huge”

 

“We can do a lot of things here”

 

Donghae nod and look at his son

 

“Where do you want to go first? What do you want to do first?”

 

Minho smiles brightly

 

“I want to ride the boat first”

 

Minho points his finger at the boating lake

 

“See that Appa? I want to go there too”

 

“Ok”

 

Donghae smile and carries Minho on his arms

 

“Shall we start our adventure now our little Minho?”

 

Minho nods happily. Donghae look at his wife and notice her holding her tummy

 

“Hyukkie”

 

Eunhyuk stares at him

 

“We need to go now”

 

She nods at him. Donghae smile and hold her hand

 

“Let’s give our Minho a good vacation and having a family day like this is not bad”

 

Eunhyuk smile at him. They start walking together towards the boating lake. Donghae never let go of her hand and somehow Eunhyuk feel happy. She misses the days when Donghae was holding her close to him. They ride on the boat. Minho was sitting happily beside his mother while Donghae start sailing their boat carefully

 

“Look baby”

 

Eunhyuk points her finger happily on the ducks and swans

 

“That was so wonderful. Those ducklings are so cute. Can I touch them Umma?”

 

“Of course”

 

Donghae sail the boat towards the ducklings

 

“Just touch it carefully or else they will bite you”

 

“I’m scared”

 

“Just pat their heads”

 

Minho pats their heads happily

 

“Can I keep one?”

 

The couple laughs while shaking their head

 

“But I want to have a pet”

 

“You already have Bada and Choco”

 

Minho pouts

 

“I want another one”

 

“Choco and Bada are enough. It’s hard to take care a lot of pets”

 

Minho frown

 

“I’m just going to buy you a new toy car so you can learn how to drive”

 

Eunhyuk frown

 

“Honey, Minho is still young for that”

 

“It’s ok Hyukkie. I’ll be his driver”

 

Minho nods

 

“When are we going to buy a new toy car?”

 

“When we go back in our house in Korea”

 

Minho jumps

 

“Aigoo!!! Baby, don’t do that again or else we will fall on the water”

 

Minho smiles at his parents

 

“Oops, sorry”

 

Donghae ruffles his son’s hair and carry him on his lap

 

“I’ll teach you how to sail the boat”

 

“Was it hard?”

 

“At first, but if you finally learn it, it will be easy for you”

 

Donghae smiles at him. Eunhyuk was watching them happily while holding her tummy

 

“Why is my period so painful this time? My blood is flowing so hard”

 

Eunhyuk whisper while thinking so deep

 

 

 

After riding the boat, they went at the nearby restaurant in the Finsbury Park

 

“Are you happy?”

 

Donghae ask his son who nods happily while chewing his food carefully

 

“Where do you want to go next?”

 

Minho drinks his orange juice before answering his father

 

“Let’s play at the playground”

 

“No problem”

 

“Umma and I are going to build sand castle and we will play on the slide”

 

Eunhyuk smile at him and continue feeding him

 

“Appa”

 

Donghae look at his son while drinking his lemonade

 

“When is Umma going to be pregnant again?”

 

Donghae spill the lemonade that he’s drinking. Eunhyuk cupped Minho’s face

 

“Baby, you’re too young to ask that kind of question”

 

Eunhyuk hand her husband the table napkin. Donghae wipes his mouth

 

“I just want to have a baby sibling. I want to have playmate soon”

 

“Kyu is your playmate”

 

Minho pouts

 

“Uncle Kyu is not a kid and he’s Aunt Minnie’s boyfriend. He can’t be my playmate all the time because he needs to visit Aunt Minnie and have date with her”

 

“Let’s put it this way. If Uncle Kyu and Aunt Minnie get married and they will have a kid, he can be your playmate”

 

Minho frowns while shaking his head

 

“Baby, don’t be a brat and don’t frown like that”

 

Eunhyuk told him

 

“I’m just asking a small favor, was it hard for you guys? I just want to have a baby sibling like Taemin and my other friends in school. I’ m the only one who doesn’t have any sibling at all”

 

Donghae scratch his head

 

“Baby, if Umma will have another baby, her attention is no longer yours. Is that what you want? Our attention will be focused on your new sibling. You’re no longer the apple of our eyes”

 

“I won’t get jealous because I’ll be a good brother for him”

 

Donghae looks at Eunhyuk who avoids his eyes

 

“You and Umma are always busy that’s why I want to have a baby sibling so I have someone to play with whenever you guys are not home”

 

“We can just send you at playschool if you want. You can me—“

 

“I want a baby sibling”

 

Eunhyuk stares at her son

 

“Baby, you’re asking for an impossible thing. I mean, how do I explain it?”

 

Eunhyuk sigh and brush her fingers on her son’s gorgeous face

 

“Baby, your dad and I love you so much. You know that right?”

 

“Yes”

 

“We always want to give what is best for you”

 

“I know”

 

“We also want to give you a baby sibling, but...”

 

Minho start crying

 

“Baby, please listen to me”

 

Eunhyuk hug her son and stares at her husband

 

“Hae, what are we going to do?”

 

Eunhyuk stares at him with worried face. Donghae carries his son on his lap

 

“Minho baby, stop crying now”

 

He wipes Minho’s tears and smile at him

 

“You’re mom and I will try, but we won’t promise anything”

 

Minho stares at his father

 

“I’m sorry if I’m always busy, but I promise to go home early everyday to give you some time. About your baby sibling, as I told you awhile ago. Your mom and I will try to give you one, but please don’t get mad at us if we can’t give you one”

 

He Minho’s hair gently

 

“You see, your mom’s previous pregnancy is really risky and it will be hard for her to conceive a child again”

 

Minho nods

 

“Come on, don’t cry anymore. We don’t want to see you like that. This is our vacation and we want to give you a happy vacation. Smile for us”

 

Minho wipes his tears

 

“Sorry Umma and Appa”

 

“It’s ok. No need to apologize”

 

Donghae hugs him

 

“You should finish your food now so we can play at the playground now. I’ll chase you and your mom so you guys need to run fast later”

 

Minho smiles brightly

 

“I don’t want to run Hae”

 

“Sorry honey, but you need to run this time”

 

Donghae smile at her

 

“Please”

 

Eunhyuk smile

 

“Arasso”

 

“Thank you”

 

Minho crawls beside his mother as she continue to feed him

 

 

 

 

 

Minho was crying hard while holding his knee

 

“Shhh, baby don’t cry”

 

“It’s so painful Umma”

 

Eunhyuk frown at him

 

“I told you to be careful. See what happen when you don’t listen to me? You keep on running around”

 

Eunhyuk was wiping her son’s bleeding knee with a tissue paper

 

“Don’t cry anymore, we’re going to clean your wounds when we arrive at home”

 

“It’s painful Umma”

 

Eunhyuk kiss his knee

 

“Still painful?”

 

Minho stops crying and shook his head. Eunhyuk hugs him

 

“Be careful next time. Stop crying now”

 

“I’m sorry for being hard headed Umma”

 

Eunhyuk brush her nose from his nose

 

“Just don’t do it again next time”

 

“Arasso”

 

She wipes his tears and kissed his cheek

 

“Appa is here”

 

Eunhyuk point his finger towards Donghae who is walking towards them. Donghae sit beside his wife and open the cup of ice cream that he bought to cheer his son

 

“So, you already stop crying?”

 

“Umma kiss my knee and it’s not aching anymore”

 

Donghae laugh

 

“Your mom’s lips are really magical”

 

Donghae laugh harder when he notice her blush

 

“Are you blushing Umma?”

 

“Of course not”

 

Minho giggles happily and starts eating his ice cream

 

“You need to be careful next time”

 

Minho nods while busy eating his ice cream

 

“Appa, we will watch some fireworks tomorrow ok?”

 

Donghae nod

 

“You never get tired”

 

“Of course”

 

Minho smile and continue eating his ice cream

 

 

 

 

Eunhyuk was sitting on the bench while holding her sleeping son

 

“I think we need to go home honey”

 

Donghae told her while Minho’s hair

 

“He falls asleep”

 

“Maybe he’s tired”

 

Donghae nod

 

“He keeps on running everywhere. Our son really has a lot of energy”

 

Donghae smile while watching him sleep peacefully

 

“Honey”

 

Eunhyuk look at him

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I keep on noticing that you’re holding your tummy and you look so pale”

 

Eunhyuk manage to smile

 

“I’m fine, just having my period”

 

Donghae raised his eyebrow

 

“Period after miscarriage? It’s only a week, not even months or years, but you’re having your period already?”

 

Eunhyuk just nod at him

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

“I’m fine”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Eunhyuk nod

 

“Hae”

 

“What?”

 

“Your phone is ringing. Why don’t you answer it? It keeps on ringing ever since we arrive here in London”

 

Donghae turn off his phone

 

“Just don’t mind it”

 

“But...”

 

Eunhyuk look away

 

“She’s calling you, maybe it’s urgent and you suppose to tell her that you’ll have vacation with us”

 

“She knows”

 

Eunhyuk stares at the sky, controlling her tears from falling

 

“Thank you”

 

“I’m just doing this for our son”

 

“Still thank you”

 

Donghae notice her tears falling from her eyes

 

“I’m sorry. I just can’t control it anymore”

 

Eunhyuk start crying

 

“I just don’t want you to go, but I can’t do anything to stop you. I don’t want to be selfish because I already become selfish when I ask you to marry me. I’m so sorry”

 

Tears keep on falling from her eyes

 

“But please leave Minho to me”

 

“He’s my son too”

 

“I know, but if you’ll take him away from me. I don’t know how I will live my life anymore. Minho is the only thing that is left to me, so please just leave him to me”

 

Eunhyuk look at him

 

“I don’t know how to explain everything to him, but please...let’s just give him a happy vacation. This will be his last vacation, a complete family vacation. Let’s just deal about our divorce when we go back in Seoul”

 

Donghae nod

 

“Stop crying now or else you’ll wake him”

 

Eunhyuk wipes her tears and smile weakly

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Donghae stand up

 

“Let’s go home, it’s getting cold now”

 

Eunhyuk nods at him. He carries Minho on his arms

 

“Let’s go?”

 

He reaches his hand out; Eunhyuk stares at him

 

“You hold my hand”

 

Eunhyuk slowly stand up and hold his hand

 

“Let’s go home now”

 

“Arasso”

 

Donghae smile and they walk together towards the car with their son who is sleeping peacefully on his father arm