Your Name

Continuum

Character thoughts are italicized and now included in the color codes. Use this as reference: Kai, Tao, Krystal, Taemin


Kris is a girl? Holy Legends! Kai thought to himself. Poor Kris hyung, trapped inside the body of a female. Now I really need to let him know that he is not alone on Earth.

 

Now Jongin, don’t space out like that. Better get ready for the audition. What song are you gonna dance to? Taemin interrupted his thoughts.

‘Who says I’m going to?’

Well, dancing got the both of us in this SM Academy, so I just thought.. Wait, are you planning on finally showing your vocal ability? Taemin teased, knowing that Kai is not confident with his deep voice.

‘Err.. I haven’t prepared anything..’ Kai answered. In truth, I’m a different person yesterday. I know how to take care of the Tree, I know how to bend Space, but what do I know about singing and dancing? He said to himself.

Omo, this friend of mine is so sweet. You really wanted to support me, even though you didn’t prepare anything for this audition. You even got food poisoned a while ago, but here you are. Taemin hugged him and smiled warmly. Don’t worry, we’ll share the song. I’ve got a routine, but I don’t know if you’ll catch up. Aish, just do freestyle.

‘Freestyle?’ What the hell is freestyle? Kai thought. ‘What would you be doing anyway?’

Well, there’s this dubstep that Eunhyuk hyung recorded last year. And Greg hyung made a choreography for it.

‘Dubstep, what?’

It’s a dubstep song. It doesn’t have a title yet, and it’s just a minute long demo. So we really need to make an impression on the first 30 seconds.

‘How about this. You impress them the first 30 seconds, while I sit and watch you impress them the first 30 seconds.’

I thought you wanted to talk to Krys? You can’t talk to her if you’re in the audience and she’s backstage, now, can you? Unless you can be at the same place at the same time.

Aish. I knew space-bending is handy, even on Earth. And I really need Kris hyung right now. He might know what is going on with our abilities. Kai thought. ‘Fine. Show me.’

There he is. Kai thought as he spotted Krys after his duet dance with Taemin. ‘Kris hyung.’ But she seemed not to hear. He ran to catch up with her walking. He put a hand on her shoulders to stop her. She turned around to face him. ‘Tell me, are you the one who is sharper than blades?’

Mwo? Stupid. Krys said, as she shot him a glare and started walking away.

What was that about? Did someone just got rejected? Taemin teased from behind Kai. Anyway, let’s go. They’re posting the results in a bit.

Will the following people please prepare for the second round of auditions:

김종

이태민

저스틴 비버

Please approach the stage when called.

 

Jongin, we got through! Taemin said as he excitedly dragged Kai away from the pushing crowd.

‘I can see that. Ready to go home now?’

Eh.. Don’t get all cranky just because Krys didn’t give you her number. You’ll have another chance when we get through this acting audition.

‘I didn’t ask for her number, I just asked.. Acting?!’

 

‘Kim Jongin. Please approach the stage.’ commanded a male voice. ‘You are reciting the Balcony Scene. Act II Scene 2. Capulet’s Garden. Ms. Jung, start with line 35.’

 

‘O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?..

That cold stare a while ago.. Kai thought to himself as he stared at Krys.

..Deny thy father and refuse thy name..

was really like Kris hyung’s

‘..Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love..

But it’s gone now.

‘..And I’ll no longer be a Capulet.

All that’s left is a pair of almond eyes.

‘Romeo.’

With the shade of chocolate.

‘Romeo? Romeo! Read line 39 please.’ he was cut of by that same commanding male voice.

Oh right. Line 39. ‘Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?’ Kai awkwardly read, as the audience started laughing.

‘Tis but thy name is my enemy:..’

Does Kris hyung

..Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.

Even have almond eyes?

'..What’s Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,

Nor arm, nor face..

Face? Even the face is in a beautiful egg-shape.

‘..nor any other part

Belonging to a man.

Kris hyung has a square jaw that makes him so manly.

‘..O be some other name.

Are you really Kris hyung?

‘..What’s in a name? That which we call a rose..’

She even smells sweet.

‘..By any other name would smell as sweet;

Yeah, probably a rose.

‘..So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call’d..

Kris hyung smells like the Tree. He smiled at the thought of Kris’ smell.

‘..Retain that dear perfection which he owes..

Tying up the hair brightens up the face. Even though strands are falling to the side of that face, she looks so perfect.

‘..Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name..

The hair tips even have luscious locks. I didn’t even notice that a while ago when we talked.

‘..And for that name, which is no part of thee,

Kris hyung has rough and shaggy hair.

‘..Take all myself.

She’s smiling sweetly now. But it’s a really a sad one. I’ve never seen Kris hyung smile, though.

‘Romeo?’

Not even when he’s with Tao hyung, or Chanyeol hyung. He was always the serious one. And his features are really sharp.

‘Romeo! Line 52! Mr. Kim?’

‘Huh? Oh! Line 52. Where is it..’

‘Cut. Anyway, I think that would be all for now. Thank you, Kim Jongin.’


Oh My Tree of Life! Kai said to himself. How can I be so distracted like that? I am Kai, one of the Twelve Forces. I’m on a mission to save the Tree of Life. I shouldn’t be swayed! Even if Kris hung ignores me and acts strangely. Even if Kris hyung is trapped in a girl’s body. I too, am trapped in Kim Jongin’s body! And trapped in his life of dancing.. and singing.. and acting.. and Holy Legends! what else?


‘All right. Gather ‘round. Thank you all for participating.’ He was interrupted by the familiar male voice from his mental debate, yet again.Jung Krys and Lee Taemin were casted the lead roles. Lastly, Kim Jongin, casted as Mercutio. Rehearsals start tomorrow at 4.’


 

A/N: Apologies for the late update~

And also to the owner of the Taemin photo, sorry. I hope you don't mind. I don't know how to find you brilliant time. Let me know if you know the owner. Just googled it.