You Are Hiding A Secret

Continuum

Character thoughts are italicized and now included in the color codes. Use this as reference: Kai, Tao, Amber/Kris, Krystal, Taemin


Lemme get this straight. Kris hyung is inside a girl’s body?! Tao asked in obvious disbelief.

That’s what I’ve been telling you all morning!’ an impatient Kai answered.

I didn’t understand because you kept eating your words! Okay. He’s inside a girl’s body..

You’ve said that already. Why would you repeat it?

Not just a girl, but someone who sings, dances and acts..

That’s right, got the lead role yesterday at the dance musical auditions.

She has the same cold stare as Kris hyung’s, but she has almond eyes with the shade of chocolate..

Yep. I’ve seen them after glaring at me under those glasses.

She has a U-shaped face, unlike Kris hyung’s long chin..

Not U-shape, but egg-shape, which kinda makes the face look so delicate.

She has long jet-black hair with luscious locks at the tips, unlike Kris hyung’s shaggy hair..

Uh-huh, ties them up to brighten the face.

She has a sweet scent unlike Kris hyung who smells like the Tree..

Right, as sweet as fresh roses.

She smiles sweetly, unlike Kris hyung who’s always so serious..

Yeah, a really sad one, though.

She’s pretty..

Yes, really pretty. Ehh? We’re talking about Kris hyung!

Wae?? Can’t Kris hyung be pretty?? You described her prettily, how can I think otherwise? Anyway, she’s a girl with almond eyes, egg-shape face, long jet-black hair, sweet rose-like smell and a really sad smile.. What makes you say it’s Kris hyung?

Well, the name Jung Krys was on the clinic logbook as ours were. HE was there when we realized we’re on Earth. It can’t be coincidence, could it? And of course that piercing cold stare was Hyung’s!

Aish. There’s so many Earthlings with a cold stare. Take for example that one! Tao retorted as he pointed towards the mirror.

Eh? I don’t have a cold stare..

Not you. Look closely!


Who’s there? How can you be talking from inside the mirror?a female voice cried from inside the mirror, as a girl's head slowly appeared in it.

I am Tao, son of bow case and sword sheath. Who are you?

I am Kris, one who is sharper than blades.

Hyung! How is this possible? Where are you?

I am on Earth. Who’s with you? I heard someone talking..

The keeper of keys is here. I am Kai.’ Kai answered.

One who can bend Time but not Space, Another to bend Space but not Time. Good to hear you are together and well.

It’s actually a problem we have currently. We can’t seem to use our abilities.

Me too. I can’t let out the beast.

What beast?

Of course my dragon alter-ego. I can’t seem to let him out, so I am pretty much stranded in this place. Plus I’m inside a girl’s body!

Yeah, we can see that. I even mistook you for someone else. Not to mention she uses the same name..’ Kai responded, a little pissed.

Hyung, how is this communication even possible? I didn’t know we can talk through mirrors?Tao cut Kai off.

 Well, I’ve seen Suho and Xiumin communicating once. 

But they have connected abilities.. One who can summon Water to rise, Another to turn Water to Ice.

Tao, that’s where you’re wrong. The Twelve Forces are connected to each other the same way they are connected to the Tree of Life.

Really? Then it is possible to find the other hyungs, is it not?’ Kai inquired.

Very much so. At a time and place where they can see their own reflections, and think of the Twelve Forces as one.

I see.. Kai here, has been talking about a girl in some dance musical who he thinks is you. Only prettier.Tao butted in, yet again.

Dance? Pretty? You thought I was a girl?

Ehh? Look at yourself. Aren’t you actually inside a girl’s body?

Good point. Where are you anyway?

We’re at SM Academy in South Korea. But right now, we’re at Tao hyung’s place.’ Kai stated as-a-matter-of-factually.

How can you be so good at directions, Kai? While I can barely understand you and Kris hyung.

 I think I know, Tao.  Kris talked in Mandarin.

How Gege? Tao replied, also in Mandarin.

Woah! Now you’re the ones I can barely understand.’ Kai said.

Because Tao and I are Chinese. You, on the other hand, are Korean. I think the death of the Tree of Life gave us life.Kris now talked in Korean.

Huh? Say that again Hyung.

We are given identities, personalities, lives. Think about it, we have families, memories, abilities.. Mandarin is like a different ability given to you, Tao. I really don’t know why you’re disconnected with Time, but I think this skill is what you have now.

Then, what about me?’ Kai said, but a crack sound was heard. ‘What was that sound?’.

Hold your horses, my roommate’s coming. Head over here. I am also at the academy. International Center, Girl’s Dorm, Room.. 1,2,3. Room 123. Kris said in a hurry. She glided a hand over the spot on the mirror where Tao and Kai’s heads were, a minute ago. They disappeared immediately.

Amber?!’ a stunned Krystal talked from behind. Her hand phone on the floor was what made the sound a while ago.

What did you see?

Everything..

What did you hear?

Everything!' She looked like she was about to faint. 'Why are they calling you Kris?


 

A/N: Are the colors eyesore? I've got a lot of dialogues, so tell me if it does. It's consistent with the characters, though. And the chapters are rather slow, I know.

Thanks to angelesca for the suho/xiumin gif. I hope you don't mind.