Graze

Continuum

Character thoughts are italicized and now included in the color codes. Use this as reference: Kai, Tao, Amber/Kris, Krystal, Taemin


Hey, Jongin.Taemin said while waving his hand phone. Guess what? I just got.. Krys.. Taemin stopped himself from talking at the sight of Krystal.

Oh? Ahnnyeong. Krystal greeted him. Anyway, I need to get changed. I’ll go first. See you in a bit.She bowed to both boys and walked even faster than before.

Well, I was saying..’ Taemin started as Krystal was out of earshot. I just got Krys’s number. I thought I was being your best friend. Turned out, I was a block. he smirked at Kai.

‘Eh? I told you I wasn’t after her number.’ Kai replied.

Suit yourself. he shrugged as he pocketed his hand phone. Where were you anyway? I was looking for you everywhere.

I can’t tell him I was actually with Krystal, when I just said I wasn’t after her number. Kai thought. He’d tease me to no end. And I can’t tell him about Kris hyung. ‘I was with Tao hyung.’

Again?! But I just saw him with Taiwanese sunbaenim..

Now what? Should I tell him? he was debating with himself. Stupid hyungs. Why would you loiter where Taemin would see you. If I tell him, he might pass out like Krystal.

Wowowow! Now I figured. You were bugging Krys to hook up China guy with Taiwanese sunbaenim!Taemin concluded.

‘Err’, he muttered. Eww. Taoris. was what he thought as they entered the theater.

‘Lee Taemin.. Jung Krys.. start with your duet for Act I Scene 5.’ the familiar commanding voice ordered. ‘Everyone else, ball dance. Move!’

 

1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..

Krys? Weren’t you from the US? Taemin started.

..8..7..6..5..

Yes. Why?

..4..3..2..1..

Are you staying at the International Center?

..1..2..

Waeyo? She snapped, avoiding an answer.

..3..4..5..6..

‘Do you know the Taiwanese sunbaenim?’

..7..8..

Amber.’ She was getting annoyed.

..8..7..

Yeah. Amber.

6..5..

She weird?

..4..3..

Mwo? Now she’s annoyed.

..2..1..1..2..

Sorry, no offense.She did not respond.

..3..4..5..6..

It’s just my stupid roomie..

7..8..8..7..

..fancies her so much.

..6..5..

‘..so—he chuckled lightly.

..4..3..

So? she snapped again.

..2..1..1..2..

Err.. he’s been spying on her..She seemed unaffected.

..3..4..

‘..this afternoon..

..5..6..

‘..but when he came back..

..7..8..

‘..he was so shocked out of his wits..

..8..7..6..5..

..that I think he saw her..

..4..3..2..1..

.he said awkwardly.

She stopped dancing at that and glared at him. Her eyes were so piercing that he too stopped dancing and stepped backwards. BAM. He fell. Off the Stage. Everyone else stopped rehearsing and crowded over him. Kai, however, noticed Krystal as she was clutching her chest again. He went to her instead, and handed a cup of water and a pink bottle.


That’s.. stealing.. you know? she accused in between short breaths.

‘I knew it would happen again.’ he answered confidently.

‘Move! Don’t crowd over him.’ a familiar voice commanded. ‘Romeo seems to have seriously injured his wrist and left foot, which means no dancing for weeks! Eotteohke? Ah! Jongin? Mr Kim Jongin? Raise your hand.’ Kai did. ‘You take the lead. Ms Jung, kindly teach him as we take Mr Lee to the clinic.’

‘Seonsaengnim.. But I failed the audition. How can I—’ the director cut him off.

‘Says who? You just forgot your lines, you did not fail the audition per se. It’s a dance musical anyway.’

Let’s not waste any more time.Krystal said as she walked towards the radio and pressed play.

‘Eh? But is your breathing—’ he trailed off as the music filled his ears.


Machi..

What is this? He thought to himself. What is she doing?

..Amugeotdo moreuneun airo geurohge..

She's dancing? She was almost out of breath but dances right away?

..Dashi..

Her arms would extend and sway..

..Tae-eonan sungan gati..

Just like the branches of the Tree when Sehun blows Wind to it.

..Jamsi..

Is this a dream? But I am awake.

..Ggumikkabwa han beon deo..

Can someone really be as graceful..

..Nun gamatda ddeo boni..

As the Tree of Life?

..Yeoksi..

She's nothing like the Tree..

..Neomu ganjeolhaetdeon..

More like an angel..

..Ne ape gidohadeut seo isseo..

Who doesn't walk, instead glides..

..Dan han beonman ne yeopeseo..

Like Water, when Suho hyung whirls it..

..Bareul majchwo georeo bogopa han beon..

With the gentleness of Wind and fluidity of Water..

..Ddak han beonmanyo..

Who am I to dance with her?


I ride the soft wind into your world

I go right next to you and you ask me where I came from

You asked me so innocently that I answered 'It is a secret.'

Because if we just walk together like this

Wherever we go, it'll be heaven


‘Krystal. I know we got off the wrong foot. I’m sorry for mistaking you as Kris hyung. And for calling you hyung, actually.’ Kai awkwardly started.

Is that a hint for me to call you oppa? she teased.

‘Ah.. Ani. Aniyo. Nothing like that.’ he stuttered and bit his lower lip.

I told you not to be so formal. She let out a small laugh as she held the door knob. They were in front of room 123. Amber? I’m here with Kai oppa.his heart skipped a beat at that, but he smiled unconsciously.

A yo, Kai! Wait.. Krys, did I hear you say ‘oppa’?

‘Hyung, did you find out who was spying on us?’ Kai blurted out, trying to change the conversation.

Oh, Right. Taemin said his roommate was in fact spying on you this afternoon, Amber.It was Krystal who answered.

Hear that Tao? Absolutely no oppas. apparently Amber didn’t want to give up on teasing.

Wae? I can’t call you that ‘cause your a girl, and Tao isn’t Korean. No offense.

‘None taken. Anyway, we’ll get going.’

Kai oppa. Krystal said as she took Kai’s left hand. I guess, thank you. Twice.his heart stopped at that. But I drink my medicine once a day.

 

Oh My Tree of Life! What is this feeling? He thought to himself as they walked past the door. Am I sick? They are now outside the dorm. No, I can’t be swayed. I definitely can’t be sick. I’m on a mission. He kicked a random soda can on the street. It hit a tree and bounced back. Only to hit him on the head.

 

‘Kai, come on! What were you doing?’ Tao said.

‘Uh, nothing.’ he said as he his temple, where the can made its’ landing.

‘Well, hurry up. Kris hyung said room 123.’ he went inside the Girl’s Dorm.

‘Weren’t we just in there a while ago? Why are we going back in?’


A/N: Thanks to popgasa & romanization wordpress for the English trans & romanization, respectively, of EXO's Into Your World (Angel) and to 94KaiStal for the KaiStal photo I tweaked to be my chapter poster. I hope you guys don't mind~

And if anyone's just interested, here's a Romeo & Juliet balcony scene choreoI'm really dying with just the thought of KaiStal doing it. They both have training in ballet, right?