Start

Continuum

Character thoughts are italicized and now included in the color codes. Use this as reference: Kai, Tao, Amber/Kris, Krystal, Taemin


Knock. Knock.

‘Kris?’ Tao said from behind the door.

‘Yes?’ Krystal said.

‘Noogoo sehyo?’ Amber said.

‘Kris hyung? Are you there?’ Kai asked.

‘Shh, Kai. Don’t call him hyung here, it’s a girl’s dorm! We aren’t even allowed here after six.’

‘I guess those would be your visitors.’ Krystal calmly said.

‘Come on in, it’s not locked.’

‘Kris hyung, you were saying a while ago, about Tao.. hyung’s.. Mandarin..’ Kai trailed off once he saw Krystal inside the room. His eyes widened in confusion. His mouth slightly opened.

‘Kris hyung, is that bag– Ow.’ Tao bumped into Kai, who was now frozen in place. He followed Kai’s gaze and saw what his eyes were widening for. ‘Chwesonghamnida.’ he bowed apologetically. ‘Sorry, I think we entered the wrong room.’ he bowed again. ‘Sorry, we didn’t mean to barge inside a girl’s room.’ he bowed the third time. ‘It’s because I’m Chinese and he’s.. uhm, a little dumb. We’re going then.’ Tao kept on bowing.

Krystal let out a small laugh. ‘Tao, really.. your ingenuity is something. Please don’t go. She knows.’ Amber said to Tao, as she suppressed her own laughter.

‘Wae? How does she know?’

‘Apparently, she overheard our conversation and saw you guys in the mirror. Introducing to you, Krystal Jung, my roommate.’

‘Ahnnyeong hasehyo! Choneun Hwang Zi Tao imnida.’ Tao said while making a bow. ‘Nice to meet you Krystal Jung.’

‘Mannaso Pankapseumnida. Call me Krys’ Krystal stood up from her bed and returned his bow. She then turned to Kai, who had to be nudged on the stomach to unfreeze.

‘A..Ahn.. Ahnnyeong hasehyo! Choneun Kim Jongin imnida.’ Kai made a 90 degree bow, but she chuckled at the sight of his awkwardness.

‘No need to be formal, we’ve met at the auditions, haven’t we?’ she returned Kai’s bow.

‘Ahh! That’s why you’re so familiar. Almond eyes, check. Egg-shaped face, check. Long jet-black hair, check. Sweet rose-like smell, check. She’s missing the sad smile, though, Kai.’ Tao teased, as Kai moved his hands up to cover his face, looked up, and turned around in embarrassment.

‘Kai? I heard him say Jongin? Care to explain, Amber?’

‘Amber? who’s Amber?’ Tao blurted out, not really directing the question to anyone.

‘Apparently, I am. I’m in this Amber Liu’s body, or life~’ Amber answered. ‘A yo, Krys, I’ll tell you the back story if you promise not to freak out.’ She talked fast, almost rapping.

‘What’s freakier than talking though mirrors? Tell me everything, I’m ready.’

‘Oh, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. Check this out.’ Amber said as she stood up from the bed. Her feet started to depart from the ground, inch by inch floating higher. She was three feet from the floor when they heard some branches snapping from outside the window.

‘What was that?’ Tao said running towards the window. ‘Yah! Some guy saw you Kris hyung. Why’d you even have to show off now, of all days~ Aish! Let’s go get him.’ Tao and Amber were out of the door at once. Kai however, stopped, as Krystal slumped to her bed. She was clutching her left chest and was fighting for breath.

 

‘Gwenchanayo?’ he awkwardly asked her. She nodded.

‘On second thought..’ She breathed deeply. ‘Can you.. please get my.. medicine.. first drawer.. pink bottle..’ She managed to say in between short breaths.

He obliged and even brought bottled water. He sat down beside her on the bed. ‘Were you shocked?’ he asked hesitantly as she drank her medicine. His eyes focused on the door.

‘I’m in shock. Electric shock!’ she said as she removed her glasses from her eyes. Her left hand still clutching her chest.

‘Thought you would be..’ he his right brow unconsciously as he talked. He shifted his gaze to his feet, trying hard not to look into her face.

‘Who wouldn’t be?’ her breathing becoming regular. ‘Anyway, let’s not talk about it.’

‘Then.. are you feeling any better?’ concern evident in his voice. He turned his head towards her direction, but still managed to avoid her face.

‘I am. Thanks for staying.’ she smiled weakly.

At this, he finally let his eyes move up. He got a glimpse of her lips that were parted as she breathes in deeply. He looked up higher. Sweat trickling down the side of her egg-shape face.. he thought, while ogling at her side profile. ..her eyes are prettier up close. Or is it because she doesn’t stare as coldly as before? Do it, Do it Chu~ Do it, Do it CHU~ He instantly looked away, and turned around to see her hand phone ringing.

‘What time is it?’ she asked as she put her glasses back on.

‘Uh, ten minutes to four.’

‘We need to get to the theater then..’ she said as she reached across Kai to get her hand phone. ‘Dance practice is at 4..’

‘Eh? But aren’t you sick?’ he leaned backwards to avoid skin ship. He closed his eyes as he inhaled the familiar rose-like smell.

‘I also did say I’m better, didn’t I?’ she retorted, one tone colder. She walked out of the door and headed out of the dorm. ‘You coming, Mercutio?’

Mercutio? Right, I am part of the dance musical too. He thought as he quietly followed behind her. If she walks this fast, I won’t be surprised if she got short of breath again. He scratched the back of his head.

‘If you don’t speed up, we’ll be late. And I, am never late.’

‘A minute ago you were almost out of breath. But here you are, more worried about being late. You surely are something..’

‘Type-A.. thing’

‘Jongin!’ a voice shouted from a distance. A boy with brown hair, loose bangs, angelic yet feminine face, and a sweet smile is now walking towards them. It’s Taemin.


 

A/N: That ought to clear up some things. Message me if it's still confusing.

Thnaks to Pinocchio's History (currently by starcube) for the pretty Krystal photo I used. I hope you don't mind.~