recess

It's Not even a Love Story

Recess. I was munching my food, oblivious of everything around me. Well kinda, minji was saying something about boys but I was too tired to listen. I turned to my left and saw him. I hate myself. I always end up staring. He was with dara and bom. They’re laughing.i envy those two. They get to spendso much time with him and lugh at his jokes more often. . but I guess I shouldn’t. I don’t want to be his bestfriend. That would hurt me more. I felt minji's hands on my shoulder. And before I know it, she pinched my cheeks. I screamed in pain. Everyone looked our way and I was not giving up without a fight. And so we end up running aroud and laughing at our heart’s content.. even others joined the fun. Top wassprinkling me with God knows what when I hit a post—-scratch that. I hit a lanky kid.ooops! I laughed harder and then suddenly stopped when I realized it was him.

He was furious. I looked down and mumbled an inaudible sorry and tried to walk away.. but he grabbed me by the shoulders.

“ chaerin,” I shuddered. He never calls me that.

“why d you like to be around boys? Why are  you such a flirt?”

I felt my jaw tightened and eyes watered. His words stabbed like hell. I struggled to let go of my hand. I eyed him and not dare speak. I can feel waters in my eyes already. I walked away and locked myself on the cr. How could he say that? He does not know me. I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!———-but I guess not too much. I heard a knock. I fixed myself and opened it. It was minji.

“you okay best?” I nodded in response and silently walked my way towards class. I was hurt. Effing hurt., how could he think of me that way? I stared at sir choi and tried to concentrate on plant cells. The day went by slowly. I was so down. I sighed when I realized I was one of the cleaners. I lazily swept through the tiled floor.

“you okay chae?” it was bom. I faked a smile but I guess it was too fake. She motioned me to sit down. I did. She sat beside me. We were silent for while.