memory lane

It's Not even a Love Story

Heartbeat. It took a heartbeat to finally accept the truth. I am in love with you. I am in love with you for the longest time now. You never seem to notice and I guess you never will.

“hey Blondie!” it was him.

“c’mon, They’re all here. Don’t be such a baby.”

“I’m coming!” I grimaced. My name is not blondie but he calls me one simply because I am too blonde. I call him panda too. Well, obviously because of the seemingly dark circle on his eyes. I still find it beautiful though. Ugh. I hate myself because I find him perfect no matter what. I made my way to the group and found them already settled with their motorcycles. Now, where am I supposed to ride?

“lee—“

“yeah—“ “dara—-“ we both turned around. dara laughed. I crunched my nose.

“ I was talking to lee seungri.” dara said in between laughs.

“ ri, let chae ride with you.” “ok,” I heard him say.

“c’mon Blondie.” I swallowed hard and eyed dara who just winked at me. bom came into the picture and handed me the cake.

“ hey seungri,don’t drive too fast, you have the cake.” the panda nodded and stared at me—-or the cake. I positioned myself at the back of the motorcycle. I intentionally sat as far as possible. I might end up hugging him you know. The journey was nothing but silent and awkard. Yes we would talk talk randomly but it does not kill the different tingling sensations everytime he would laugh at my remarks or how he would order—yes, order—me to come closer so I won’t fall. It’s taking every bit of me. We were the last to arrive at the destination. It was minji's birthday. And when everything is ready…we celebrated! yay! minji's 19. Like me. Like him. Smiles were painted on all our faces. I miss high school. I miss him. I heard someone coughed.

“cake?” it was bom. She slumped herself beside me and smiled knowingly. I pouted and grabbed a mouthful of the cake she gave me. She laughed and and stared at a particular direction. I tried my best not to look because I exactly know where she’s staring at.

 

-i am on mobile and it only allow me to post this much