Reason Behind it All

I'm So Fortunate

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdPspG_kocg (I love this song and Jung Yong Hwa did an amazing cover)

 

 

*Myung Soo’s POV*

 

One Month Before

 

 

 

Hyung are you sure you’re okay,” Minseok, one of my close coworker asked me when he saw me touch my head for umpteenth time today.

 “Yeah… I’m fine,” I replied.

 

    But I lied, I didn’t feel fine. All day long I’ve felt dizzy and out of breath. I had no idea why.

 

 

“Just hang in there hyung. One more hour then we get off of work.”  I smiled back to assure Minseok that I was fine. I decided to continue back to work.

 

 

 

 

“That was the hardest shifts I’ve had. There were so many people today! I can’t wait to go home and just sleep,” Minseok said as we walked back to the staff room.

“Do you think you can give me a ride hyung?”

“Hyung?”

 

 

    And that was the last word I heard before everything faded in complete darkness.

 

 

 

 

“Dr. Lee I think he’s waking up,” I heard a woman’s voice to my left.

 

 

    I felt weak as if I was drained out of energy, but I still forced my eyes to open. The first thing I saw was a bright light followed by a white ceiling. It was then I realized that I was lying down. My senses began to come back one by one and I began to fit the puzzle of the room I was in. It was a familiar room like the one I had spent most of my time when I was little. The room I always feared.

 

 

“Mr. Kim… I’m afraid we have some bad news,” a man spoke who I assumed was Dr. Lee.

 

 

 

 

    I came home late that night from the hospital. I opened the door lightly trying not to make any loud noises. I set my keys to the bowl on the table by the door and saw her sleeping on the couch.

‘She must have stayed up all night,’ I thought to myself.

 

    I slowly tip toed to the couch and sat on the floor beside her. Her face was directly in front of mine. The bright moonlight shined through the window and hit her face so gently and so perfectly. How could someone be this beautiful?

 

 

“Silly girl,” I whispered trying not to wake her up. “Hyo Woo. I’m home. I know I’m late and I’m sorry. ”

 

 

    I then took the blanket from her to fold it and put it aside. I slipped my arms underneath her side and legs. She instinctively wrapped her arms around my neck.

 

 

“Myung Soo…” I heard her mumble my name in her sleep.

 

 

“Where are you going? Don’t leave me. I love you, don’t you love me too,” she continued to mumble as I felt my heart break into a million pieces.

 

 

    That night I promised myself two things. One, that I would continue to pretend like nothing happened. Two, that I will make every day with her a special one.

 

    I broke my first promise.

 

    I couldn’t keep it. My heart felt like it was on fire and hurt so much. As much as I told myself that I was fine, I knew that it was a lie.

    As much as I tried to run away from it, it kept coming back.

    As much as I denied it, I knew the truth…

 

 

 

“Mr. Kim… I’m afraid we have some bad news,” a man spoke who I assumed was Dr. Lee. “We had thought that you fainting were due to overworking and stress, but we checked your blood pressure and did some tests and we found something peculiar. Something that patients don’t have when they just faint from stress or overwork.”

 

 

‘Where is this lecture leading to?’ I thought to myself.

 

 

“I looked at your medical history and found that you had a severe illness when you were little. Is that right?”

 

 

“Yeah, but I got surgery and everything. They assured me that I was going to be fine,” I half yelled fearing to hear that I wasn’t going to be fine.

 

"I'm very sorry, but it seems to be that your illness of Arrhythmia is back. You only have a couple of weeks left to live."

 

 

 

    I was dying.

 

 

 

 

****

DUHN DUHN DUHHHHHHN. 
You all saw that coming. Haha. ^^ 

Arrhythmia is a real illness. It's a heart disease when your heart doesn't beat correctly so it can't pump blood properly. 

 

Hai. I'm back after like a month. I'm so sorry. =( School has been sooooo busy. Ughh. I wanna quit and it's only been five weeks.. HA!

 

Okay. This story is almost done! D: It's not as great as I imagined it to be but oh wells. =/ Maybe when I have time again I can rewrite and make it even better.

 

Until next time (which might be today=)

 

Thank you to everyone who has read it! Ahhhhh. I loves you and so does INFINITE oppars. 

 

Continue to read and comment? <3