The Paper Crane and Heart

I'm So Fortunate

 

*Hyo Woo’s POV*

 

    I was woken by the sun’s warm rays hitting my face. I scrunched my nose thinking that I had to get ready for college when I realized it was Saturday.        Eager to start the free day off from all the work and stress; I turned to my side to wake up my lovely boyfriend sleeping soundly next to me.

 

    It’s been kind of a daily routine now. Something that I looked forward to everyday. And no matter how many times I see his angelic face in the morning, I can never get tired of it.
    Aside from waking up next to him, eating breakfast, making lunch boxes, and going to college with him, was also part of our daily routine.
    Every morning I would wake up an hour or two earlier just to cook breakfast and lunch. Sometimes those one to two hours were important but I didn’t mind lacking sleep. I enjoyed making food for the both of us to eat. And I would catch my sleep in some of my classes. When the lesson ended I would just copy Myung Soo’s notes.

 

 

“Cheater,” he whispered to me in the university’s huge library.

 

I stuck out my tongue at him while not leaving my eyes on his notes and he would just chuckle at me.

 

 

 “Mwo?”

 

    I was brought back to reality.

    To my surprise, I found an empty space next to me. I pouted at the fact of not getting to see his beautiful sleepy face. And then hear his warm voice say good morning.

    I moved my hand to feel the empty space next to me.

 

“Where is he?”

 

    As my hand travelled up to his pillow, something poked it. It was a paper heart.

 

“Huh? I didn’t see that?”

 

    I then opened the paper heart and found a message written from my one and only Myung Soo.

    A smile then began to form on my lips. I remembered back in high school I would find little paper hearts on my desk, locker, backpack, etc. All were from Myung Soo of course. And all had a little message in them saying things like: “You look beautiful today” or “Your smile is the most precious thing to me.” Things like that would make my day.  But my favorite, without a doubt, was the red heart made from construction paper rather than his notebook paper. Inside it said my favorite word: Saranghae. After reading that note, nothing could ruin my day.

    Of course it’s been three years since I received those hearts. We graduated high school and moved to a very small yet cute apartment in Seoul. Even INFINITE moved to Seoul and found an apartment big enough for all six of them. Sungjong was left behind because he was a year younger. So he still had to stay in high school all by himself. Poor maknae.  But right after graduation he left and headed straight to Seoul.

    After reminiscing about high school for a while, I read his note.

 

 

My Annoying Hyo Woo,


Kekeke. Good morning! You’re probably sad because your handsome L isn’t next to you right? 
Anyways, I went to help Dongwoo hyung with something.
I’ll be back soon!
Saranghae~❤

Your Lovely, Handsome, Perfect, Prince,
Myung Soo (M.S.)

 

 

    I giggled at how conceited he could be at times. I then decided to clean up after taking a shower.
    After the refreshing shower, I cleaned the bed and vacuumed the floor. I then continued cleaning the pictures that were getting a bit dusty. Most of the pictures were of me and Myung Soo from first grade till now. I smiled as I remembered how sweet Myung Soo was even as a child. Lastly, I cleaned the picture frame of all of us at graduation including a pouting Sungjong.

 

“I wonder what Dongwoo oppa needed help with,” I thought while placing the picture back on its place.

   

    Then I began to prepare our breakfast. Soon the whole apartment was filled with the smell of delicious food. With time to spare I decided to fix my hair and put on some make up when I heard the door open.

 

“Myung Soo?”

 

    I half ran to our living room/kitchen but no one was there.

 

“Myung Soo,” I called again.

 

    No answer.

    I looked around the room and noticed a light blue paper crane on my white plate. I walked to the kitchen area and picked up the stunning light blue crane. It was so beautiful. As a matter of fact, I’ve never actually seen a real handmade paper crane before. As I examined the crane curiously, I noticed that something was written on it. I took a closer look and it read M.S. Right then I knew that it was from Myun-

  

“Boo!” A familiar voice tried to scare me from behind.

“Annyeong,” I replied coolly, not getting scared of him.

“Oh? You didn’t get scared,” he asked.  

 

    I turned around to come face to face with a confused and slightly disappointed Myung Soo.

 

“Oppa! You’ve been scaring each other since we were ten. I think I‘m used to it by now.”

“Oh yeah.. Hehe,” he laughed. “Let’s eat?”

 

    We both sat down and ate the breakfast I prepared which was still hot.

 

“So what’s with the paper crane and heart,” I asked cursorily.

“What you don’t like it,” he asked with a hint of sadness in his voice.

“No. It’s not that. I was just curious.”

“Oh. Okay then. I just wanted it do something special for you. I remembered how much you loved my paper hearts so I decided to make it for you like before,” he said with a bright smile making me swoon. “Look!”

 

    He soon picked up a big jar lying next to the sofa.

 

‘Had that always been there?’ I thought then shook my head getting rid of the question.

 

“What is that?”

“A jar silly.”

“Well no duh oppa.” I giggled at him for answering my rhetorical question. “Of course it’s a jar.. What I meant was why do you have one?”

“Oh. This. I’m going to fill it up with one thousand cranes to get a wish.”

“Babo.. Isn’t the only choice for the wish is too have a long life or.. To recover from an illness or injury?” I asked while trying to recall one ofthe interesting facts we learned about in school.

 

    He didn’t say anything but just smiled.

 

“Araso. You can make your thousand cranes. Just be careful. I don’t want any paper cuts on that precious hand of yours,” I said being half serious and half sarcastic.

 

    He laughed and I decided to continue eating. But before I could take a bite, he grabbed my free hand that was resting on the table. I was a bit shocked at his sudden action. It also felt strange. Not his normal warm hands holding mine, but it was now a little cold. Chills were sent down my spine.

 

“Saranghae,” he said while looking deep in to my eyes.

 

    There was something different about the way he looked at me. Behind the soft brown eyes was sadness. It had a trace of pain in them too. It was as if it was his last time getting to say it or rather pleading.

    I then broke our eye contact and looked at his hands that were holding on to mine. He was holding onto it so dearly. It was as if he was holding onto it for the last time and didn’t want to let go.

 

“O-oh… Nado. Saranghae.”

 

    I then got a text from Dongwoo oppa.

   “Hyo Woo-ah! Annyeong! Are you with Myung Soo? I’ve been trying to call him for the past hour and he isn’t answering his phone. >.<”

 

    Myung Soo sighed in relief and slowly let go of my hand. He resumed eating but I couldn’t help notice that it looked like he was holding back his tears.

 

 

    And that was the day he began acting strange…

 

 

****

 

Soooooooo? How was this chapter? Better than last chapter right? ^^

I was like in pure bliss writing this chapter. I mean come on! Who wouldn't want to live with Myung Soo!? Or wake up next to him!?

 

JUST LOOK AT THAT! Asdfghjkl;

 

Okay I've calmed down now. Haha. 
Please leave a comment and Myung Soo will love you. =)