Fortunate

I'm So Fortunate

 

    Hyo Woo arrived at 2AM cafe with an uneasy feeling. She felt it. She felt that something is wrong. But she pushed those feelings aside and went inside the familiar cafe, where they had their first date in Seoul.

    She walked down the same wooden stairs which were now filled with candles and rose petals. But it didn’t stop there. The dark cafe was illuminated by hundreds of candles making a path to the table closest to the stage. There was no one else inside the cafe.

    Her eyes followed the candles which went all the way to the stage. It was surrounded by candles and in the middle was a black grand piano. And next to the piano stood him.

 

 

 

Myung Soo.

 

 

 

    He wore a black suit and a smile on his face.

 

‘He looks amazing,’ Hyo Woo thought.

 

    For a moment she forgot everything. She forgot about his lies, him sneaking around, and what Hoya had told her earlier.

 

    She was thinking about how handsome he looked at that moment. The candles’ light hitting his face perfectly. His eyes glowing like the candles. His soft, beautiful curved to form a smile. And his cute little dimple showed. Hyo Woo hasn’t seen him smile like that in weeks.

 

 

“Hi,” his voice began which broke her train of thoughts and brought her back to reality.

 

 

    His voice.

 

    One of the things she loved most about him. His soft, delicate, beautiful voice. It was perfect. He was perfect. No way can this perfectly fine young, handsome boy in front of her be sick.

 

    And as if the heavens heard her thoughts, he coughed.

 

    Suddenly, all at once, everything came back to her. The lies, the secrets, everything. And her nervousness and uneasy feeling came too.

 

 

“Here,” he said while handing her a bouquet. “Hydrangeas. Your favorite.”

 

 

    Hyo Woo took the bouquet from his hands. She was a bit startled. His hands were extremely cold. She even flinched at the coldness of his hands. They weren’t like hid old warm hands. The ones filled with warmth.. With life.

 

 

“Myung-“

 

 

“Shhh,” he said to her. His voice was barely a whisper. “Tonight I want you to forget everything. Your troubles. Your worries. Forget them. Just be here with me and enjoy this moment.”

 

 

    She nodded and sat down. He too then sat on the chair in front of the piano.

 

 

“This song.. I wrote it. I’ve been thinking about you lately. About us.  About our happy times. Our sad times. Hardships we faced. Wonderful moments we shared. And I realized. I am one lucky person. Want to know why? Because I had you.”

 

 

    A bittersweet smile formed on her lips.

 

 

“Everything,” he continued. “And anything good that happened in my life was all because of you. You’re my everything. I wouldn’t be where and who. I am today if you weren’t home by my side. I’m so.. Fortunate.”

 

 

    His then placed his hands on the piano and began to play.

 

 

 

For meeting you,
And being able to touch your hair.
For meeting you,
And being able to look at each other.
For getting to hug you,
And being able to cry when it gets tough.
I’m so fortunate.
For the beautiful world that knows you.

 

In the violent and wind and under a wet roof.
Not getting tossed out there by myself.
Wearisome daily life and toilsome survival.
It’s not something meaningless.
Always having remained at my side.
It’s because of an amazing person: You

 

 

    A tear slowly escaped his half closed eyes. And Hyo Woo was holding hers back.

 

 

For meeting you,
And being able to make the meals we share.
For meeting you,
And being able to hold your hand
Whenever it starts to feel numb.
For getting to hug you,
And being able to comfort you.
I’m so fortunate.
For the beautiful world that knows you.
Placing you here.

 

In the violent and wind and under a wet roof.
Not getting tossed out there by myself.
Wearisome daily life and toilsome survival.
It’s not something meaningless.
Always having remained at my side.
It’s because of an amazing person: You

 

 

   He opens his eyes and looks at her as he signs the last line.

 

 

For meeting you,
And being able to touch your hair..

 

 

    For awhile they just sat there. Myung Soo looked at her. He tried to look in her eyes to see what’s behind her emotionless face.

 

‘This can’t be happening, this can’t be happening, this can’t be happening,’ she repeated in her head.

 

    She studied him. Everything Hoya said was right. He was much paler than before. The suit was also a bit big on him. His favorite suit that once fit him so perfectly was now loose on him. He had grown thinner.

    She looked at him again. She scanned her eyes at every inch of his face, not leaving any spot unseen. His clear skin, his cute nose, his sweet lips, his soft hair, his charming eyes.

 

    She began to feel dizzy.

 

‘Is this the last time I’ll get to see them?’ She thought to herself while still feeling lightheaded.

 

 

“Myung Soo,” she finally spoke and let her tears stream down her face. “What’s going on? Tell me the truth.”

 

 

    More silence.

 

 

    It was then broken by a loud thud.

 

 

   

 

 

    And a body fell on the floor. 

 

****

I can't believe it deleted this chapter! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm so mad. =( 

But it's okay. I write it on Microscoft then paste it hear in case this happens. So yeah. It's the same as before! 

 

This website wasn't working for more than week for me and I've been busy with a lot of things. That's why I couldn't write. And now school started and I'm really tired. But I will definetely finish this story! It's almost done! So sorry for the long wait.

 

Please continue reading it! 

Thank you so much everyone!