Lie

I'm So Fortunate

 

    Weeks had passed since Myung Soo was acting strange. But it didn’t stop there. He was still acting strange. Possibly even more now.

    It was summertime and Myung Soo and Hyo Woo didn’t have school. So far everything was going normal. Well it was until Myung Soo decided to convince their boss to give them a week off. And to her surprise he said yes. Their boss was one of the strictest and nearest boss anyone can have. Not once had he allowed someone a day off, let alone a whole week. Not even the time when one of the workers had to go to Busan for his grandma’s 75th birthday.

 

 

“Is she dying?”

 

“Well.. N-no. But-“the worker meekly said.

 

“Then no,” he interrupted.

 

 

    So you can tell how surprised Hyo Woo was when Myung Soo told her about their week off.

    Over the course of that one week they took a trip everywhere in S. Korea. From Jeju-do to Nami Island and to her favorite, Lotte World.
    Hyo Woo had fun but she still felt something different. Like something was wrong. She had begged and begged Myung Soo to take her to Lotte World before but not once had he said yes. Or even consider it. Something was going on. She could feel it, but she put those feelings aside and just enjoyed the day with her Myung Soo.

 

 

    Hyo Woo was awoken by the smell of pancakes.

 

“Hmm? Who’s cooking,” she mumbled to herself and rolled to her side to see an empty space and the answer to her questions.

 

 

    Myung Soo was in the kitchen –which was a mess- trying his best to cook.

 

 

“Finally! A pancake that isn’t burnt,” he said in victory while wiping off his sweat on his forehead.

 

 

    After about 20 minutes Myung Soo had finished cooking and Hyo Woo finished cooking and Hyo Woo finished getting ready.
    She walked out the bedroom and to the kitchen to find Myung Soo setting up the table neatly.

 

 

“Who are you and what did you do to my Myung Soo?”

“Oh my gosh you scared me,” he said as he jumped a little. “Come sit!”

 

 

    He pulled out her chair for her and she sat down. He then poured her a glass of orange juice and put a pancake on her plate. He was completely unaware of her watching his every move.

 

 

“No seriously. Who are you and what did you do to my lazy Myung Soo?”

 

    He chuckled.

 

 

“I just want to cook for my lovely girlfriend because she always cooks for me and not once have I cooked for her.”

 

 

    She couldn’t help but smile and so did he.

 

 

“Let’s eat,” she said.

 

 

    As Hyo Woo was about to pick up her fork, Myung Soo grabbed her hand.

 

‘It’s happening again,” she thought to herself.

 

 

“Saranghae,” he said the same words again while looking deep into her eyes again.

 

 

    And in those eyes were the same pain and sadness again. Only this time if wasn’t just a hint of pain and sadness. It grew. It was more noticeable now. This was about the umpteenth time he did this and every time his eyes grew sadder and more pain. And the way he held her hand became more desperately and pleading.

 

“Saranghae,” she replied quickly while pulling her hand away.

 

 

    She was used to it by now but it always made her uncomfortable. So she realized that the sooner she replied the sooner he would let go and look away.

    They continued to eat and he would steal glances at her.

 

 

“What,” she said a bit annoyed.

“H-how is it?”

“Oh..”

 

 

    She didn’t really taste it, she was just mindlessly eating while still thinking about what had happened earlier.

 

 

“It’s.. Good. Surprisingly,” she said while taking a bite and thoroughly tasting it.

“Okay good,” he replied with a small smile. “Oh. Today I have to go to.. Sunggyu hyung’s place to help him with something.”

“I’ll come help too. And I haven’t seen the boys in days and-“

“No it’s okay,” Myung Soo said while cutting her off midsentence. “Besides the boys aren’t there right now. They.. went on a trip!”

“On a trip? Without Sunggyu Oppa?”

“Y-yeah. They said that they were getting a bit annoyed by him you know.”

 

    He nervously chuckled.

    She then got a text causing her attention to be diverted. Myung Soo let out an inaudible sigh which Hyo Woo noticed.

 

    The text was from Sungjong:

“Noonaaaaaaaaa! What’s the brand of noodles you use for your spaghetti? I have a date tonight and I’m going to be cooking for her.  You should come over and help me! TT.TT”

“Sungjong-ah. I thought you went on a trip.”

“A trip? Who told you that?”

“Oh. Never mind. Let’s meet at Purple Coffee then go to the supermarket and help you. Okay?”

“Kayy kayy. Komawo noona! :)”

 

 

“Myung Soo-ah. I’m going to meet up with Hye Rin later.”

“Oh. Okay. Have fun sweetie.”

“Yeah you too.. You said you’re going to their apartment right? And the boys are out of town?”

“Huh? Yes.”

“Okay. I guess I’ll see you later.”

 

 

‘At Sungyyu’s apartment to see what you’re doing you liar,’ she thought to herself.

 

    Hyo Woo took her plate and stood up to put it in the dishwasher.

 

“Oh! I’ll do that for you sweetie. You can get ready,” Myung Soo said while taking her plate from her hand.

“Komawo.”

“Anything for my baby,” he said while smiling.

 

 

 

“So Sungjong-ah,” Hyo Woo said while looking for pasta. “Who’s this girl you’re dating?”

“Oh.. She’s just a girl I met in class,” he replied while blushing a little.

“You’re blushing! How come you never told me!? Is there anything else I don’t know about? Does that greasy Woohyun have a girlfriend too? Or maybe Dongwoo? Is Sunggyu engaged,” Hyo Woo bombarded Sungjong with questions while hitting him with a bag of pasta.

“Well Sunggyu hyung…” Sungjong said while holding his now bruised arm.

“No way.”

“I’m just kidding. He actually has a girlfriend though. As a matter of fact, he’s on a date right now.”

“Sunggyu oppa.. Is on a date? Right now?”

“Yupp. He got up extra early in the morning just to pick out his outfit. He picked her up about an hour ago. I think they went to Namsan tower.”

“An hour ago?”

“Mhmm.”

 

 

‘Yah! Kim Myung Soo. Helping Sunggyu oppa when he already left an hour ago? The boys are on a trip,” she scoffed to herself. ‘What else have you been lying to me about?’

 

 

 

 

 

****

Hai~!

So I've been doing other stuff and I haven't been able to update. Sorry! I'll try to update faster. This chapters blah. But the next one will be daebak I promise! =) 
I want to go on a trip with Myung Soo. Especially Nami/Nam Yi Island. It's the place where TeukSo couple went to. ^^ I wanna go on a trip now..

And I was too lazy to make a poster so I just put a picture of Myung Soo. Haha. 

Please comment and subscribe and Sungjong will make you spaghetti. Maybe. Mostly not :D