Chapter 6

I Hid Because of the Things I Couldn't Say

 

AN: Sorry for the long wait, but here is the next chapter.

I hope you guys enjoy it. Don't forget to comment if you want.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kevin placed the last of his things in the box. He didn’t have much as most of his things had already gone with his parents who had already moved back to Korea a month ago. He had asked them to take it with them when he had found out that his family was moving since he was also moving back as well, but at a later date. Kevin had sent almost everything, but for a few things that he didn’t feel like he should send over yet.

With Kevin’s flight being tomorrow the brunet had hurriedly packed the last of his things. The people who were going to come and pick up the last of his things and ship them off to Korea weren’t due till in the evening and it was still noon. Kevin sighed, what was he to do till then? Kevin glanced around the room until his eyes had landed on a box in the far corner of his living room. The word he wrote so long ago glaring at him from the side of the box.

The Hangeul saying memories and Kevin couldn’t help the ache that appeared in his heart. He slowly made his way over to the box as his mind told him not to while his heart wanted him to. Kevin knelt in front of the box and opened it. And the brunet regretted it instantly.

In the box were pictures of Kiseop and himself from the time they had been together and before. Pictures he hadn’t looked at since he had first placed them in the box nearly six years ago. Kevin found it ironic that he would be looking at the pictures the day before he moved back to Korea, just like how he had looked at those very same pictures the day before he moved to America. Perhaps it was because whenever he looked at the pictures he felt calm and at ease over the drastic change that was going to happen in his life.

The rest of the afternoon found Kevin sitting in front of the box and looking through it as well as the beginning of the evening. His hand occasionally reaching up to brush the pair of necklace that hung around his neck. When Kevin had looked at the last of the pictures his doorbell rang and he knew that the movers had come. He went to answer it and gave instructions to the movers on what was being shipped to Korea and what wasn’t, what was fragile, etc. And when the movers had asked about the box with the only pictures of Kiseop in it, Kevin told them to ship it to Korea as well.

After the movers had finally left, Kevin headed for his room to sleep. He laid on his bed in silence for a few moments before his phone started to ring. Kevin grabbed the device from under his pillow and flipped it open to see who it was. It was a text from Eli.

‘Ready to go to Korea, Kev?’ the text read.

‘Yeah, I’ll call you when my flight lands in Korea, okay,’ Kevin replied back.

What Kevin meant when he said he was going to call Eli when he get to Korea was because said male was already in Korea and has been for about two weeks. That was why he was moving to Korea. Because Eli had asked him to and Kevin agreeing instantly. He loved Eli, even if it wasn’t the same way as he had loved Kiseop, but it was enough. After all, no one could replace Kiseop, never. Kiseop had his own place in Kevin’s heart that could never go away as well as Eli had his own place. It would always be like that.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

When Kevin had stepped out of the airport, he immediately spotted his boyfriend. Said male was waving from where he stood next to the car. The brunet made his way over to Eli to greet him and hug him.

“Hey there Kevin,” Eli greeted with a smile as he wrapped his arms around Kevin to return the hug. “How was your flight?”

“It was long,” Kevin answered. He released his hold on the blond as he grabbed his bags from off the ground where he had dropped it to hug the other.

“Do you want to head towards the apartment so you can rest?” Eli asked as he took the bags from Kevin to place it into the trunk of the car.

Kevin just shook his head as he got into the car. He waited for Eli to get into the car before he began to speak again. “Let’s go sightseeing today. It’s been a while since I’ve been in Korea. I want to see what’s changed.”

“Sure Kevin,” Eli answered. He then leaned over the compartment and placed a chaste kiss on Kevin’s cheek before he buckled in. Leaning back the blond strapped on his seatbelt and started the car. He pulled out of the parking lot and drove in a random direction. “Where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere is good for me.”

“Then shall we go to the mall?”

“Sure.”

Eli nodded his head slightly as he began to head towards the direction of the mall while Kevin just gazed out of the window for the passing scenery. The car was quiet throughout the whole ride, but it was a peaceful sort of silence that allowed Kevin to relax slightly and ease his mind. It was long after his body and mind had relaxed that his brain began to wander from thoughts to memories and back, only to repeat the process again. The brunet didn’t know how long the ride to the mall was, but when he heard his boyfriend say that they were at the mall Kevin figured it wasn’t for that long.

Kevin got out of the car and—with Eli right next to him—made his way towards the entrance of the mall. His thoughts revolving on how he would be able to see how different things were and to allow his mind to relax a little bit more. Too bad the later wouldn’t be granted.

Kevin bumped into someone and was about to apologize when the male he had bumped into had spoken first. A voice that he could recognize no matter how many years it has been since he had last heard that voice.

“Sorry. Are you okay?”

The upper part of Kevin’s arm was held by the other male’s hand that held him steady and Kevin couldn’t stop himself from looking towards that hand a hand that adorned long, thin piano fingers that sent jolts throughout Kevin’s entire body. There was only one person that was able to get such a reaction out of Kevin. With that thought in mind, Kevin slowly lifted his head to look at the man and his heart skipped a beat.

There standing in front of Kevin was the one person he thought he would never see again even if he had moved back to Korea. The man who he had fallen in love with, who he had miss so much, who he had hurt so much. The one he would never be able to forget—even if his life was endangered. The brunet looked towards the floor as he tried to get his emotions in order. A small voice in the back of his mind was praying that the other hadn’t forgotten him. A selfish wish, but something he wanted so badly. And then Kevin remembered what he had done six years ago to the male he loves. He desperately wanted to apologize to the other, but when he looked back up Kevin found that no words would past his lips.

Kiseop stood in front of him and Kevin saw that the once brunet hadn’t change at all. The only things that Kevin knew that were different were Kiseop’s new hair color that was now red and the fact that he was no longer with the other.

Kevin opened his mouth once again to try and get words to past his suddenly dry lips, but Kiseop beat him to it.

“Kevin?”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kiseop was slowly making his way towards AJ’s apartment from his own. Surprisingly, when Kiseop had first found out where AJ had lived, he was actually quite close to where Kiseop lived. It wasn’t long after that Kiseop found the other male over his house to have dinner with him almost every night. This time it was AJ who asked him to come over to his house to meet him so they could spend time with each other.

The red head made his way up the stairs that led toward the floor that AJ’s apartment was on. Once at the door, Kiseop knocked on the right door and was greeted by his boyfriend who placed a chaste kiss on Kiseop’s cheek. AJ stepped out of his apartment and closed the door before he had grabbed Kiseop’s hand in his own.

“Ready to go?” Kiseop asked.

“Yes,” AJ answered as he began to walk. This in turn had caused Kiseop to follow him to the stairs. “So what shall we do today?” AJ mused as he continued to walk.

“Do you have any thing in mind that you want to do or where to go?”

“How about the mall?” AJ offered. “We can go eat at one of the food places and then go window shopping.”

“That sounds good.”

“Great! Let’s get going.”

The two made their way to the mall in a sort of silence for a while. In that time of silence, it allowed Kiseop to think about things that he found he hadn’t had time to think about. Most of which was him not doing things that he would normally do in his free time, what with his job, his friends, and being with his boyfriend. Though it was a good thing as his mind hadn’t travelled to unnecessary thoughts he promised himself not to think about anymore. The red head was taken away from his thoughts as he finally heard AJ speak about something involving someone at his own job.

“Can you believe it though? The man may be new, but making such a novice mistake, especially when it’s a level one task, is unbelievable. Don’t you think so, Kiseop?” AJ questioned with an exasperated sigh.

“It is,” Kiseop agreed as he nodded his head. Even though he hadn’t heard most of the story that AJ was telling him about, he had caught the drift of what was being said. Though Kiseop knew that he should learn to pay attention to what AJ was saying, Kiseop had a hard time doing just that. The red head had to wonder if that was the reason that Kevin had broken their relationship off.

And once more a sharp stab of pain entered Kiseop’s heart at the thought of the one he had loved so much and still does. He just couldn’t forget about Kevin or move on, no matter how hard he tried. He just couldn’t forget the memories or anything that reminded him of Kevin. Forgetting was like denying the relationship they had once shared. And he couldn’t forget the times he spent with Kevin, even if it hurt to have those memories.

Kiseop and AJ entered the mall and headed straight for the food court. The two ate with conversations about work and other miscellaneous things that came to mind. Though it was mostly AJ who was talking, but that was how their talks were for the most part. They didn’t talk about anything that wasn’t for the other to know unless they wanted to which for the most part was always AJ while Kiseop would just listen. Kiseop would nod at everything that AJ said when it was appropriate and even gave his own input on certain topics.

When the two were finish eating, they left the food court and headed towards the shopping part of the mall. As they were walking, Kiseop felt someone walk into him. The red head’s first reaction was to automatically grab the other’s arm to steady them before they fell. As he did that a jolt of electricity went throughout his body at the sudden contact. He held out in a gasp as he asked the question that anyone else would ask to see if the other person was hurt.

“Sorry. Are you okay?”

Kiseop watched as the brunet male in front of him look at his hand that was still on the small stranger as he waited for an answer. The smaller male seemed to take a few seconds to stare at Kiseop’s hand before his head slowly lifted up to look at Kiseop. And Kiseop’s heart skipped a beat and his breath got caught in his throat.

There standing in front of him of Kiseop was Kevin. The man he still loves with all his heart, who he had been happy to spend all of his time with, who had broken his heart. The person he hadn’t seen in six years and his heart started to beat faster as the seconds passed. The younger male really hadn’t change at all and Kiseop was grateful for that.

Swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat Kiseop said in a soft voice the name he hadn’t spoken from the time the other had broken up with him.

“Kevin?”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

AN: And a cliffy! Sorry, I just had to do it. Next chapter will be a soohoon. At least I hope it is.