Chapter 2

I Hid Because of the Things I Couldn't Say

 

AN: I would suggest  0330 for the first part of  this chapter until the first break then  switch to  Forget Our Memories for the rest. They were sort of my inspiration for this chapter.

0330 by U-KISS

Forget Our Memories by Kevin Woo

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Kiseop, I want to break up with you.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“W—What?” Kiseop asked in shock. He didn’t just hear what he thought he heard right? Surely the other was just kidding.

“I want to break up with you, Kiseop,” Kevin repeated. He held no emotions in his voice and it betrayed nothing. As he said the other’s name he had looked towards the ground. He couldn’t look the other in the eyes as he knew that his resolve would break. He was already having difficulties saying those few words.

“But why?” Kiseop asked. His eyes showed pain and a frown marred his beautiful face. “Why do you want to break up with me, Kevin? I don’t understand.” And Kiseop really didn’t. Had he done something wrong? Had he done something that the other didn’t like?”

“Kiseop, I just have to,” Kevin said. Kevin chanced a quick glance at the other and he immediately regretted it. Kiseop had a look of pain and confusion on his face that Kevin’s heart felt like it was going to break at the mere sight.

“But why?!” Kiseop shouted. “If it’s something I did, I’ll try to make it better!” Kiseop wrapped his arms around Kevin as he tried not to let the tears fall. But as he held the tears back, it felt like his heart was breaking into a million pieces. Just the thought of losing the other was just too much. He couldn’t lose Kevin, not the love of his life. “We promised that we’d always be together!” Kiseop’s voice cracked from the pain his heart was enduring. It was unbearable.

“I know what I promised,” Kevin said. He fought back the urge to hug the taller male that was trembling. He couldn’t do it; he couldn’t keep the other forever. “But I’m breaking it off.” Kevin pushed Kiseop away from him and turned away from the other. Looking at the other had become unbearable for Kevin; the sight of Kiseop was just too much.

When Kiseop was pushed away and Kevin had turned around, Kiseop’s world came crashing around him. Then his love began to walk away and it really was too much. The tears broke loose and Kiseop cried. He cried for the first time in years. And as if sensing his pain, the sky cried with him. Kiseop only stood in the rain, not caring that his body was getting soaked nor did he feel the coldness that accompanied the rain. The only thing he felt was the empty feeling in his heart that had once been filled with warmth from having Kevin by his side.

Kiseop didn’t know what happened next, but when he came to, he was suddenly standing outside of Kevin’s house. His feet carried him up the driveway and to the door. Without thinking, Kiseop raised his hand to knock on the door. The brunet didn’t know what to expect, but he prayed to any gods that was listening that the person who answered the door would be Kevin. But when the door opened and it was Kevin’s mother who was facing him, Kiseop’s heart felt even worse than before.

“Kiseop, what are you doing here? Come inside, you’re soaked to the bone,” Kevin’s mother said as she was about to move to the side.

“Is Kevin here?” Kiseop asked. He didn’t bother to enter the house. He just couldn’t bring himself to do it.

“No, he isn’t, dear,” she said apologetically. She had a worried look on her face as she continued to look at the wet teen.

“Then if you don’t mind, can you give this to him?” Kiseop asked. He held the box out for Kevin’s mother to take.

“Of course dear,” Kevin’s mother said. She took the box from the teen and waited for the other to say something more. What she was waiting for next made her frown.

“Thank you. Good night Mrs. Woo.” Kiseop bowed slightly before he had turned away to leave. He walked into the rain, not caring that he was getting even more wet. He just headed home with a broken heart and one glance back at the house where his love lived in.

When Kevin had asked his mother to answer the door and say that he wasn’t home, it was for good reasons and he was right. He watched as Kiseop continued to walk away from his house with only one glance back before he was out of sight for Kevin. That one glance broke Kevin’s heart as he saw the hurt expression he had seen earlier on the other’s face once more. And as Kevin continued to stare out the window, a soft knock was placed on his door. He turned to face the person who had knocked on his door and saw that it was his mother.

Kevin’s mother walked into her son’s room and sat on his bed. She didn’t say anything for she wanted her son to explain to her what had happened.

“What did Kiseop want?” Kevin asked. He turned his attention to his mother and saw she was holding something. “What’s that?” Kevin pointed to the box in her hands.

“Kevin, Kiseop asked me to give this to you,” Kevin’s mother said. She placed the small box onto Kevin’s lap. Once she did, she left the room to leave Kevin alone.

Kevin hesitantly picked up the box and just stared at it for a few moments. He just ran his thumb over the velvety texture of the box. After a short moment of it, Kevin opened the box. A gasp got caught in his throat at what he saw in it. There were two silver necklaces in it that had half a heart on each chain. One half was smaller than the other, but it didn’t matter to Kevin. He lifted up the necklace that was smaller than the other to hold it when a piece of paper fell out. Kevin saw the paper and picked it up. When he opened it, he immediately recognized the writing. It was Kiseop’s. The blond slowly read the note and tears began to form in his eyes.

There are no words to describe how much I love you. So for you, I’ll give you my heart. Happy Anniversary Kevin

“Oh Kiseop,” Kevin whispered as the tears began to fall. The tears just fell faster as he held the necklace he was holding to his chest. He realized why there were two necklaces then. One was for him and the other was for Kiseop. It was a necklace for couples and Kiseop knew who Kevin would’ve given the other half to.

The tears just wouldn’t stop as Kevin saw images of Kiseop flash through his mind. The memories of the time they spent together, his smile, his laughter. It hurt to think about it. But what really hurt the most was the image of Kiseop’s pained expression, the expression that he had caused.

“I’m so sorry Kiseop, but just please… forget me.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kevin didn’t sleep well that night, so when the next day came; he didn’t know what to do. He didn’t want to go to school knowing that Kiseop would be there. And if Kiseop was there, then Kevin would surely start crying again in front of everyone in the classroom. He would then beg for the other to forgive him for everything he said and to take him back. He couldn’t do that.

A knock was heard on his door and Kevin went to answer it. When he opened the door his sister was on the other side.

“Mom said you didn’t have to go to school. She wants us to start packing our things,” Deanna said.

“Okay. Do we have boxes?”

“They’re downstairs in the living room. And Kevin, don’t forget to pack a suitcase.”

Kevin only nodded and made his way down to get some boxes. He came up shortly after and started to pack. The blonde packed everything that wasn’t necessary without though, but when he got down to the last of his things, Kevin stopped. The last of his things were the many pictures he had of Kiseop and himself. Pictures that held so much memories in them. All Kevin could do were stare at the pictures with a soft smile as he remembered all of the things that had happened on the day that the pictures were taken. And with each picture that went into the bow, Kevin felt his heart break a little more with each smile he saw on Kiseop’s face. A smile that he would never be able to see again.

Kevin placed the last picture in the box and looked around to see anything that he had missed. He didn’t. Everything was put away except for the things he would need and for his suitcase for America.

“Kevin! Come and eat already!” Kevin’s mother called.

Kevin blinked and looked out the window to see it was already night. He had packed everything in one day and he was leaving soon. Leaving for America and away from Kiseop.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kevin got off of the plane with his family and followed them out of the airport. He didn’t think of where he was as he was already longing for Korea. For if he hadn’t have to come here, he would surely be with his friends and Kiseop.

With the sudden thought of Kiseop, a sharp pang of pain entered Kevin’s heart and he brought his hand up to touch the necklaces he had gotten from Kiseop. He had taken to wearing them both as they were the last thing he had gotten from the brunet. Not only that, but Kevin hadn’t had the heart to return it, not when he still loves the other.

When Kevin saw his family get in a taxi, he got in and took out his cell phone. He turned it on and saw the missed calls he had. They all had voicemails, but when he went to listen to them, his heart stopped beating. It was Kiseop’s voice that he was hearing.

“Kevin,” the message started. There were barely any emotions in the other’s voice and it hurt Kevin to know that he had caused it. That he had caused that warmth the other had to disappear. “I know that you may never want to see me again, but I need to know. Why did you break up with me? If it was anything I’ve done, I’ll try to fix it. If it’s me, then I can change, but I can’t if I don’t know what I did wrong.”

There was a pause and Kevin thought it was the end, but it continued. This time Kevin heard Kiseop’s voice and it sounded like the other was trying not to cry. If Kevin had been alone, he probably would be crying by now.

“Kevin, I love you. So please tell me the reason.” A pause. “Bye.”

The blonde teen just wanted to cry even more. He knew that if he called back, he would spill everything. Everything that he wanted to say, what he thought, all of it. And Kevin knew he was being selfish. His mind supplied that if Kiseop had seen him now, then the other would never want him. He was a selfish person who broke his love’s heart because he was afraid. Afraid that the other would eventually go astray with him gone. Kevin’s heart knew that Kiseop wouldn’t do that, but his mind had overpowered his heart and filled him with doubt.

And once again the tears began to fall, but no one noticed. No one noticed the broken hearted boy who was silently crying. Crying for what he had done, for who he had hurt, and for himself. Because no one would know the pain he was feeling or the overwhelming guilt. Kevin would be the only one to know it and he would be the only one to bear it.

What Kevin didn’t know was that back home in Korea, the one he left was also feeling the same thing. Kiseop who thought he had done something wrong felt empty. Empty because his light was gone and it hurt each time he thought of the blond.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

AN: I know you guys might hate me, but it must be done. I'm sorry for all of you Vinseop lover, but it'll get better. I promise. The necklace is the same as the one in the picture in case you guys are wondering.