Chapter 12

I Hid Because of the Things I Couldn't Say

 

Kiseop wasn’t sure what to feel as he lay in his bed. He wasn’t sure if he felt sad or disappointed with himself. It was hard to describe. He could feel the sadness in his heart that he and AJ had broken up because of the feelings he still strongly have for Kevin, but at the same time he didn’t. The disappointment he only felt towards himself was because of the fact he wasn’t as sad as he should be. After all, AJ and he had been dating for so long, but it didn’t hurt. It was just too confusing.

Maybe I should call Soohyun and see if he can talk today, Kiseop thought. He reached for his phone and began to dial Soohyun’s number. After the third dial tone was when the connection went through. “Soohyun?”

“Hello Kiseop,” Hoon’s voice resonated from the phone.

“Ah, hello Hoon,” Kiseop greeted, surprise filling his tone slightly. He didn’t expect to hear Hoon answer Soohyun’s phone. But then again he really should have, they were living together after all. “Is Soohyun there?”

“I’m sorry Kiseop,” Hoon apologized. “Soohyun can’t come to the phone as he’s currently trying to sleep off the cold he acquired.”

“Oh, I see…” There was a pause before Kiseop continued. “Will it be okay if I can talk to you instead?”

“Sure. What’s wrong?”

“Well, AJ broke up with me.”

Hoon hummed as he thought of the reason as to why AJ broke up Kiseop. He was pretty much positive that it had something to do with Kevin. He still had to ask though. “Well, why did he break up with you?”

“He found out that I still love Kevin.”

Hoon could only smile at what he heard. So AJ had taken the initiative to push Kiseop towards the one he loved. “Then you should talk to Kevin about this.”

“I can’t tell Kevin about this!” Kiseop’s voice rose at the mere thought of having to tell Kevin. He couldn’t tell Kevin he was still in love with him. He couldn’t ruin the other’s relationship with Eli by telling the brunet he was still in love with him. “I can’t ruin his relationship with Eli by telling him. I don’t want to cause him any trouble. And besides, he’s happy with Eli.

Hoon sighed. It was really only Kevin and Kiseop who would be dense enough to not notice that the other still loved the other. “Then don’t tell him. Just tell him that you want to spend some time together and ask him to meet you somewhere,” Hoon said. “I’m certain he will say yes.” He loves you after all.

“But what am I supposed to talk with Kevin when I see him? I just can’t call him just to hang out without talking,” Kiseop asked in a soft tone.

“Anything and everything,” Hoon answered. “Kevin will listen to whatever you have to say.”

“Okay… And thank you, Hoon,” Kiseop thanked.

“Anytime Kiseop. Now go make that call to Kevin.”

“Okay. Bye.”

“Bye.”

Kiseop pressed the end button on his phone as he pulled it away. He began to scroll through his contact list until he reached Kevin’s number. When he did, he pressed the name, but made no move to call the other male. He wasn’t sure if he should call the other—even though Hoon said that Kevin would say yes, but still. The thought of seeing Kevin again was something that caused his heart to speed up as if it was running a marathon. It was too nerve wracking.

Come on, you can do it, Kiseop thought as he tried to motivate himself into calling Kevin. It’s only a call to ask him if we could spend some time together. It’s not even a date. The last thought made Kiseop frown slightly—unnoticed by him. You don’t even have to talk about the break up with AJ. With that thought in mind, Kiseop pressed the call button and placed the phone back against his ear. He waited as the dial tone came on and continued to do so. Kiseop almost thought that the other wouldn’t answer, but when he heard Kevin’s voice on the other end, Kiseop couldn’t help but smile.

“Hello?” Kevin answered.

Kiseop mentally breathed out a sigh of relief. “Hey Kevin.”

“Hello Kiseop,” Kevin greeted back. Kiseop could’ve sworn that there was a smile in the other’s voice. “How are you?”

“I’m doing fine,” Kiseop answered. A soft smile lingering on his lips. “And you?”

“Same as always.”

“Hey, are you busy today?” Kiseop asked. He had a sudden epiphany that he really wanted to see Kevin at that moment. Maybe it was because he was hearing the other’s voice once more and the fact that he still very much loved the other.

“When?”

“Anytime that you’re free.”

“How about now?”

“Sure.” Kiseop’s smile grew a bit wider. “Then let’s meet at the café I brought you to a while ago. We can grab a bite to eat and figure out what to do for the rest of the day.”

“Sure, I’ll see you in a little while.”

“See ya.”

Both Kevin and Kiseop hanged up at the same time. And unbeknownst to each other were the identical smile they wore from the sheer joy of being able to see each other.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kevin sat nervously as he waited for Kiseop to come and meet him. This would be the first time in a long while for Kevin to be able to talk to Kiseop without anything else distracting him or weighing him down in a long while. He would be able to speak openly without anything holding him back—well, for the most part. But still, Kevin wanted to be able to talk to Kiseop without any of those awkward moments and he hoped that today would be the day for them to stop.

When Kevin heard the chimes indicating that someone had just entered the café, Kevin looked towards the door. And his heart skipped a beat at the sight he saw. Kiseop looked incredibly handsome despite the fact that he wore casual clothes.

As soon as Kiseop saw Kevin, he made his way over towards the table the other was sitting at and took a seat across from the brunet. A smile was on his face. Kiseop felt unbelievably happy that Kevin was able to meet with him and the smile that adorned his face stayed where it was.

“Hey Kevin, how are you doing?” Kiseop greeted.

“I’m doing fine,” Kevin answered. “And you?”

“Same.”

A waitress came over with a smile on her face. She held a tray with two glasses on it and placed one in front of Kevin and Kiseop. She then took out a notepad in one hand and a pen in the other. Once she was standing in front of the pair she asked what their orders were.

“I’ll have the special today,” Kiseop told the waitress. He gave the waitress a small smile before turning his attention back on Kevin. “What about you, Kevin?”

“I’ll have the same thing,” Kevin answered. He didn’t bother looking at the waitress as his eyes only stayed on Kiseop.

The waitress nodded and left as soon as she finished writing down their orders. The two shortly began another conversation once the waitress was out of hearing range.

“So, how’s Eli doing?” Kiseop asked Kevin. He took a sip from his glass of water.

“He’s doing well. Working a lot, but he’s doing fine.”

“That’s good.”

“And how’s AJ doing?”

Kiseop looked down at his hands unsure of what to say. He should have known that if had asked Kevin on Eli’s welfare, then he would do the same with AJ’s. And he couldn’t even answer the question because he hasn’t seen AJ in over two days now. So whether the other was fine or not was a complete mystery to him. Kiseop sighed softly as he knew that he was going to tell Kevin the truth. He couldn’t lie to the other.

“Kiseop?” Kevin called. Kevin’s tone was filled with concern. So when Kiseop looked up to meet Kevin’s eyes, Kiseop only saw true concern for him.

“I don’t know if AJ is okay or not. We just broke up recently,” Kiseop replied towards Kevin’s earlier question. He looked back at his hands once more, missing the look of happiness that passed across Kevin’s face.

Joy went through Kevin’s whole body upon hearing Kiseop’s words. The knowledge that Kiseop was single again brought so much joy to Kevin’s heart. But he quickly squashed it down when he remembered something. He was with Eli and he wasn’t going to break up with the other because of this. That would just be too heartless.

“Here you go, sirs. Two specials,” the waitress said as she placed down the two orders. She left shortly after checking if the two had needed anything else.

“Why did he break up with you?” Kevin asked. He took a bite out of the dish in front of him to appear nonchalant, but was actually listening to everything Kiseop was going to say next.

“It’s because,” Kiseop started, but stopped. He couldn’t say what he was about to say before he stopped himself. He couldn’t tell Kevin it was because of the feelings he had held onto for Kevin for so long after their own break up. So instead he chose for a different route. “We just weren’t compatible.”

Kevin nodded in understanding, but he felt there was something more to what Kiseop wasn’t saying. As of now though, he would take what the other was giving him. For now, he would just enjoy his time with the red head.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

When the two had finished their meal, they decided to go for a walk to talk a bit more. They walked everywhere and by the time the sun was about to set, they had stopped at the park. They sat down as they continued to talk and rest their tired legs.

Kevin and Kiseop couldn’t stop talking to the other. Not when they both wanted to hear the other’s voice. And it was only a matter of time before something would happen.

“And the next day Soohyun and Hoon were dating each other,” Kiseop finished his story. He looked over towards Kevin with a smile that had his eyes closed. “Crazy, right?”

Kevin nodded as he stared at Kiseop. Or more specifically Kiseop’s lips. The way Kiseop’s lips would move to form certain words and the fact that Kiseop’s voice was so musical to him, Kevin couldn’t help it. He leaned towards Kiseop and placed his lips on the other’s.

The kiss was just the light touch of lips, but it was so much more than that. It was like the first time the two had ever kissed and every single time after that kiss. But this one was so much different compared to that first kiss. Their first kiss after six years apart and Kevin couldn’t contain the feelings he had for Kiseop.

The brunet opened his eyes slowly—when he closed them he wasn’t sure—and just looked into the most beautiful of eyes that he loved. It was like Kiseop and he was the only ones left in the world, but that illusion was shortly shattered.

“Kevin,” Kiseop said in a breathless whisper that Kevin almost didn’t hear it.

Upon hearing his name, Kevin’s eyes widen at what he just did. He couldn’t believe he kissed Kiseop! And he had a boyfriend at the same time! Before Kevin realized it, he was standing up and running as fast as he could away from Kiseop. He didn’t care that the other was calling his name; he just had to get away before anything else could happen.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

AN: THE IS HERE! OMG, now the best parts are coming up! KYA! Can't wait to write it.

And yes, I purposely left it off as a cliffy. I had to, I'm so sorry, but I had to. What's worst (depends on how you see it) is that the next chapter is a SooHoon chapter. So I'm sorry, but I'm going to be leaving you guys in suspense for a little bit longer. But have no fear, I think you guys are going to like the upcoming chapters. ;)

Until then my dear readers!