Chapter 11

I Hid Because of the Things I Couldn't Say

 

Eli smiled as he opened the curtains to let in the morning sunlight in Kevin’s room. It was after all a very beautiful day. But when Kevin didn’t move, Eli gentle shook the other as he called the other’s name.

“Kevin, it’s time to wake up,” Eli said softly. When he got a soft moan from the younger male he tried again. “Come on Kev, it’s already past ten.”

“Five more minutes…” Kevin mumbled as he buried his head deeper into his pillows. It was too warm for Kevin to bother getting out of bed now, especially when it had been freezing the previous night.

Eli just shook his head in exasperation, but smiled nonetheless at the brunet. It was times like these that Eli thought Kevin was at his cutest. The blonde grabbed the end of the blanket and began pulling it off of the still sleeping male. “Come on Kevin. You and I are going out today.” Eli tossed the blanket to the side and began lifting Kevin into a sitting position. Once he was certain that the other wouldn’t just fall back asleep did he remove his hands.

“But it was warm,” Kevin whined. He really just wanted to snuggle back into his blanket and bed and just sleep the rest of the day away.

“I’ll make you something warm,” Eli bribed. It seemed to work for the most part. “So go get dress and come to the dining room.”

Kevin nodded and waited for Eli to leave before he could start getting dressed. Once the door was shut Kevin began to change out of his sleep clothes and into something suitable for the day. When he was done with putting on his clothes there was only one more thing left to do before he could go meet Eli. Kevin walked over to his bedside table and opened the drawer. He took out a worn velvet box from it and just held it in his hands as he stared at it. His fingers traced the box for a few moments in small circles with his thumbs. He took a seat and just stared at the box before he finally opened it and took out the two necklaces that were held in it. He held the two necklaces gently in his hand as if they were the most precious things in the world. And for all Kevin knew, they were probably one of the most precious treasures Kevin had. A knock interrupted Kevin’s unyielding staring.

“Kevin, are you okay?” Eli asked as he opened Kevin’s door. He saw Kevin put on two necklaces before they disappeared from view by going under the other’s shirt.

“Perfectly fine,” Kevin answered. He turned to face the other and gave a grin. “So, what’s for breakfast?”

“You’ll see once you come out of your room,” Eli answered in return. He walked over to Kevin and placed a gentle kiss on the brunet’s lips. He then turned around and walked out of the room to head towards the dining room.

Kevin just pouted as he followed Eli out of his room and towards the dining room. Once he entered the dining room, a smile was on Kevin’s face from what he saw. All of his favorite food for breakfast was laid out before on the table. And on the plate where he usually sat was a single rose.

Kevin turned his head to face his boyfriend and gave a small smile. He wrapped his arms around Eli and whispered a soft “Thank you” before he released the other and sat down at his seat. He picked up the rose and stared at it for a few moments before placing it down. He took a little bit of everything and slowly started to eat his breakfast. Though his eyes would continuously drift to the rose next to his plate and a memory flitter to the front of his mind that brought both warmth and pain to his heart.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

"Don't open your eyes yet. Not until I say so," Kiseop said softly. Both of his hands were covering Kevin's eyes as he softly told the other where to step.

“How can I open my eyes when your hands are covering them?” Kevin asked playfully. His hands were held up in front of him instinctively to protect himself from falling—even though he knew that Kiseop would never give him the chance to fall. Kevin shortly heard the other chuckle behind him.

They walked for a few more minutes before Kiseop told Kevin to stop.

“I’m going to remove my hands, but don’t open your eyes yet,” Kiseop said. Kevin felt Kiseop remove his hands from his eyes and had to resist the urge to open his eyes.

It was a moment later that Kevin felt a warm breeze caress his face after the sound of a door sliding open. Then one of his hands was being grabbed and his hand was being tugged gently to urge him forward. Kevin followed the tug until his entire body was being caressed by the gentle, warm air and the hand holding his released him.

“Okay, you can open your eyes now,” Kiseop’s voice sounded from somewhere in front of Kevin.

Kevin slowly opened his eyes, expecting bright lights to suddenly blind him from having his eyes closed for so long. But instead of bright lights, Kevin opened his eyes to see the soft glow of multiple candles lit on the balcony. The sight caused Kevin to gasp in slight surprise. It was so breathtakingly beautiful.

There in the middle of the balcony was a table for two. And on the table were rose petals scattered over its surface and two plates seated across from one another. A soft melody was playing in the background and Kevin knew that Kiseop must have saved up a lot of his allowances in order to do this. Kevin slowly walked towards the nearest place setting and what he saw made him smile even more. There on the plate was a single red rose.

Really, Kevin thought. He spun around to face his love, who wore a nervous expression on his face. Kevin just smiled.

“Do you like it?” Kiseop asked nervously. He was shuffling his feet slightly in nervousness as he looked at Kevin imploringly.

“It’s beautiful,” Kevin answered the smile still on his face. He walked over to Kiseop and wrapped his arms around the other’s waist and tiptoed to place a chaste kiss on his love’s lips. “It’s absolutely breathe-taking. I love it.”

After hearing those words, the nervousness in Kiseop’s body seemed to vanish and he wrapped his arms around Kevin’s own waist. A smile making its own way on his lips. “I’m glad.” Kiseop gave Kevin his own chaste kiss. “Happy Valentine’s Day, Kevin.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Kiseop.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“…vin… Kevin?” Eli’s voice called and Kevin snapped out of his memories and looked at his boyfriend.

“Yes Eli?”

“Are you okay?” Eli questioned. Worry laced the tone of his voice. “You went quiet for a while.”

“Ah, sorry about that Eli. Just got lost in my thoughts.” Kevin sent a smile towards Eli to try and reassure the other that he was okay.

“Are you sure?”

“Positive. Now let’s eat.”

Shortly after, Kevin and Eli began to eat their breakfast. Eli would occasionally look at Kevin to see if there was something bothering the other, but found nothing. There appeared to be nothing wrong, but something was telling Eli there was. Something that he just couldn’t figure it out. He was sure of it.

And throughout the whole day Eli had noticed that Kevin had been distracted. Whether it was just from a simple walk through the park or visiting a nearby café, Kevin always seemed to be lost in his thoughts. He wasn’t sure what had caused Kevin to be so distracted, but he wanted to help with whatever was causing the other to be so bothered.

They were walking home when Eli stopped on the side of the road.

“Hey Kevin,” Eli started.

“Yes Eli?” Kevin looked at his boyfriend.

“You know I’ll always be there for you, even if we’re not together right?”

“What brought this up all of a sudden?” Kevin asked as he stared at Eli in confusion.

“Well, it’s just that you’ve been distracted all day and I thought that something was bothering you. You can tell me anything, I won’t judge.”

There was a pause before Kevin spoke.

“It’s okay,” Kevin replied. “There’s nothing bothering me at all.” Kevin gave a smile towards Eli. “And if there was something bothering me, I’ll tell you immediately.”

“Will you?” There was some doubt in Eli’s voice.

“Yeah.”

“Okay then.”

Eli let the subject drop. He would just take Kevin’s words as the truth, even if what Kevin said didn’t sit right with him. He would just enjoy his time with Kevin for now.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

AN: I feel really bad for not updating sooner. I meant to update this on Valentine's Day, but I got busy. And the past few weeks have been hectic. I'm so sorry.

In other news, it's going to be the of the story in the next chapter! I'm so excited! I've been wanting to write that part out for the longest of whiles. I'm almost done with it. Just have a few more things to do and done. Look forward to that! 

Until next time!