Chapter 14

I Hid Because of the Things I Couldn't Say

For a week Kiseop had been trying to get in contact with Kevin, but to no avail. Kiseop knew that Kevin was avoiding him, but he couldn't get in contact with the other. He wanted to--needed to see Kevin and tell him everything. Everything from the day their relationship ended to today. He needed to tell Kevin that his heart and his entire being were still very much in love with the other.

So on the seventh day Kiseop was calling Eli.

"Hey Eli, do you know where Kevin is? I have something to tell him," Kiseop said, getting straight to the point. All he could think of was getting to Kevin.

"And why should I tell you?" Eli asked evenly.

"Because I--"" Kiseop cut himself off/. He had forgotten that Kevin and Eli were still dating. Eli heard the pause and sighed. All he wanted from Kiseop was to hear the other admit that he was still in love with Kevin. He just needed to know that Kevin would be loved. "Because you what, Kiseop?"

Kiseop took a deep breath. He just had to say it. "It's because I still love him. I've always had and always will. So please tell me where he is." Begging wasn't beyond Kiseop if it got Eli to answer his question. "I'm sorry Eli, but I love Kevin and you can't stop me."

Eli released another sigh, but he smiled. He knew that Kevin was going to be loved from the way that Kiseop's voice sounded so determined. "Good, 'cause I wasn't planning on stopping you.

Kiseop was confused by what Eli said, but didn't say anything. He was so close to finding Kevin.

"He's at his parents' house," Eli said before hanging up.

Kiseop stared at his phone in shock, but it quickly went away when he remembered that he got the location of where Kevin was staying. He couldn’t believe how stupid he was for not checking Kevin's parents' house in the first place. He ran towards the direction of Kevin's parents' house. His blood pounding in his ears as he kept on running. All he could think about was to tell Kevin the truth to ask him why and just maybe to see if there was that slight chance of hem being together if what Eli had said was enough to go by.

The red head wasn't sure how long it took him to get to the house. It could have been minutes or hours. The feel of sweat and his labored breathing was all he could sense as he finally stopped in front of his destination. But none of these things matter, not when he could only think of one thing: Kevin.

Kiseop rang the doorbell and was praying that Kevin would answer the door, but when he saw that it was Kevin's mother instead his heart dropped a little.

"Hello Mrs. Woo," Kiseop greeted.

"Kiseop?" Mrs. Woo questioned slightly. Her voice unsure at the sight of the male in front of her. She could see some similarities between the teen from so long ago to the man that was standing in front of her.

"That's right," Kiseop answered. "Is Kevin home?"

"Oh yes. He's upstairs at the moment. Do you want me to go get him?" Mrs. Woo offered.

Kiseop just shook his head. "I'll go up there and greet him myself. Which room is his?"

“First door to your right,” Mrs. Woo said with a smile. She stepped to the side to allow the other access to her house.

“Thank you.”

Kiseop headed inside and with each step he took led him closer to Kevin and his heart flew up to his throat. It was finally happening, the talk that needed to get done. Kiseop swallowed his heart down and knocked on the closed door. When he heard the soft voice of Kevin saying come in, he did.

Kevin was kneeling in front of a box and pulling out different photos, but what caught Kiseop’s eyes were the photo that Kevin seemed to be holding on much longer than the rest. A photo of the two of them together from what looked like their first date. A smile made its way onto Kiseop’s lips and he cleared his throat to get the other’s attention.

So when Kevin looked up and Kiseop’s eyes met Kevin’s, he swore that the world and time itself stopped moving. The cause hanging around Kevin’s neck so innocently, but it meant so much more to Kiseop. He didn’t even try to stop himself as he walked over to Kevin and knelt in front of him, his thoughts only focusing on the fact that the gift he had wanted to give to Kevin himself, but couldn’t, all those years ago was still with the other. He had thought that the other would have given it away, that because they were broken up Kevin wouldn’t want anything to remind him of their past relationship. But the sight in front of him stated otherwise. His hand lifted up to gently the two necklaces in his trance-like state.

“You kept them,” Kiseop whispered in a loving tone. “After all these years… Why?” The question was just a whisper as he never allowed his eyes to leave the sight of the two necklaces.

Kevin didn’t say anything for a few seconds as he brought one of his own hands up to grasp the hand touching the necklaces. The soft grip he had tightened slightly as he spoke in an equally soft tone—one just like Kiseop’s own.

“Because you told me this was your heart and I wanted to keep it forever.” Kevin his thumb over Kiseop’s hand, waiting for Kiseop to say something. It felt like Kiseop was never going to answer so Kevin was about to release the hold he had on Kiseop’s hand, but was stopped. Kiseop entwined their fingers together and held onto his hand equally as tight as his earlier hold. Kiseop’s free hand was then placed on his cheeks and was slowly tilting Kevin’s face up. Kevin allowed himself to be guided to look into Kiseop’s face and what he saw was breathtaking.

Kiseop was gazing at Kevin with eyes that was misted over, that was shining with love for him. The sight solidifying that this is real, that this wasn’t a dream he made up, that Kiseop was in front of him. So when Kiseop leaned forward, Kevin met the other in a kiss halfway.

And just like the last kiss they shared, this kiss was also perfect. There were no fireworks, just the gentle touch of lips with no rushing, no guilt, just perfection. The two pulled apart and was just mere centimeters away from each other’s lips, their foreheads pressed together. They breathed in each other’s breaths, looking into the respective eyes of the one they love. Kiseop’s hand—the one on Kevin’s face—was now entwined with Kevin’s free hand and Kiseop smiled. A soft, gentle smile that was full of love, just like his eyes, and all for the person that’s right in front of him.

“I love you, Kevin,” Kiseop whispered. He didn’t want to ruin this one moment of theirs. This perfect moment. “Even if you break my heart a million times, I will always love you.” The red placed another gentle kiss on Kevin’s lips.

When Kiseop pulled away, Kevin spoke what he had to say to the other.

“Never again.” Kevin’s voice equally soft. “I’ll never break your heart again. I won’t ever let you go again.” A kiss. “I love you too much.”

They met in another kiss, a smile on both of their lips. This moment was perfect and despite everything that happened in the past, they couldn’t come to care for them—at least not now. This moment was theirs. Everything else could be talked about at another time.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

It was hours later that Kiseop found himself the back of the hand of the person he loves. The moment he had shared with Kevin sending a warm afterglow throughout his body was now fading. But with the feeling fading, Kiseop knew that Kevin and he still had a lot to discuss about. There was just one topic that really needed to be brought up above anything else or they would never fully move on. The day they first broke up.

“Kevin.” Kiseop’s voice was soft as he tried to get the other’s attention. It was already late as it was. He felt Kevin hum in response and Kiseop could feel a soft vibration run through his body. “We need to talk.”

“About what?” Kevin asked as he lifted his head from where it had rested on Kiseop’s chest when they had laid on the bed.

“About the day we broke up.” Kiseop could feel Kevin stiffen in his arms, knew that the other didn’t want to talk about it. But they had to in order to move on completely.

“Yeah, I know,” Kevin said softly as he laid his head back against Kiseop’s chest. The gentle rise and fall of the red head’s chest calming him down. “I’m really sorry about it. I never wanted us to break up.”

“Then why did you do it? I know that you’re family moved because of you father’s job, but we could’ve still been together,” Kiseop said, shifting his body slightly. “Even if the distance was long, we could’ve still worked it out.”

“I know we could’ve,” Kevin answered.

“Then why?”

“I was scared.”

Kevin’s answer was so soft that Kiseop almost didn’t catch it. “Why were you scared?” There was no answer for a while and that was when it dawned on Kiseop. The reason why Kevin did what he did. Kiseop felt that Kevin would even think that he would do such a thing, but he could see where the other was coming from. He still had to ask though. “Did you think that I would cheat on you?”

“I-I’m sorry,” Kevin apologize. His eyes were starting to tear up at Kiseop’s question. It was true that he thought of Kiseop cheating on him and he knew that Kiseop would never do it, but the thought of it happening was there. It was there and it caused him to doubt the love they shared with each other.

Kiseop wrapped his arms tighter around Kevin and tucked the other’s head under his chin. “Hey, don’t apologize for being afraid. Just know that you are the only one that my heart will belong to. It’ll always be yours, even if you don’t want it.” Kiseop buried his nose in the soft locks of Kevin’s hair and placed a gentle kiss there.

Kevin just buried his face into Kiseop’s chest, a smile making its way onto his face. This was where he belonged. “Mine too.”

The words were muffled but Kiseop understood. Their hearts will always belong to the other. No matter what they face in the future, they knew they would make this relationship last. That they would do anything to keep what they have. Because it was worth it.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

AN: Just one more chapter and then the epilogue. I'm excited for this story to come to an end, but still sad. It's been my project for almost a year. Time has certainly flew by fast.

The Musical Oneshots will be updated once I finish the chapter probably later this week. Look forward to that and I'll update this story also later this week, maybe Friday or Saturday. So I hope you guys look foreward to that as well.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and what not. Fluff was good (I hope)?

A one line sneak peek of what's going to happen in the next chapter. Look forward to it because I had a great time writing this chapter out. ;)

Next Chapter (Sneak Peek):

"Do you want me to stop?"