Chapter Eight!

It's a Cycle of Life. [hiatus]

Selina got off the bus one stop before her school. Her bus was in major traffic. Selina didn't know what she felt on her leg all the ride, it was so cramped, but she didn't want to keep on standing.  Selina walked by Stephanie's house. The door was open and there was a car in the driveway.

 

"Let me tell you, I'm not going to do that to her on her birthday! Wait until her stupid important sweet sixteen is over!" She heard Stephanie screech. Through the window, Stephanie looked part furious part frustrated.

 

Do what?  SElina wondered.

 

"Chill, Selina's just a toy to me. It was for you that I went out with her. That stupid JIro couldn't have threatened me. I was listening to you."

 

Selina's questions were answered. She recognized the guy's voice in an instant. It was Joe's.

 

Selina heard glass shatter.

 

"Listen, I'll break up with her today," Joe pleaded. Even though Selina couldn't see him, he was probably making that puppy-dog face that she thought was cute. Or maybe that cool face she thought was hot.

 

"No, it's over. I only dig taken guys." Stephanie said.

 

"Huh. What the . I'm only doing this play for one more day, then I'm leaving." Joe walked out to find Selina standing behind his car.

 

"Oh, Selina. Hey. Happy --, " 

 

"Don't you even dare! " Selina yelled at the top of her lungs.

 

Selina saw Stephanie step through the doorway.

 

"Selina, oh, sweetie. I'm so sorry, I thought you would have liked to---,"

 

Selina just stared blankly at her. She didn't want to break down in front of these people. The people she trusted.  The people she now has to pretend to not hate.

 

"I was just checking in to see if you were still home. What's the matter? I got congee on my face?" Selina struggled to keep her calm. She looked at the bush beside Joe.

 

A look was exchanged between those two. Selina was sure of it. Selina pretended to look at her purse. Tears were already falling, she couldn't help it. Selina started walking away. "But I see that I'm now running late. I took a detour, so I'm gonna head back. See you guys in cl--" Selina broke into a run.

 

"Wait, Selina! I --"

 

Selina walked back to the bus stop. She didn't want to go to school.