Chapter Seven!

It's a Cycle of Life. [hiatus]

Selina skipped down the stairs, to find breakfast piled up on the table. On there, there was shark fin soup, congee, rice, sweet and sour pork, fried noodles, and more Chinese food.

 

"Ah ma ya, (Holy)" Selina hadn't seen so many food in her life. She started to dig into her congee.

 

"Slow down, daughter," Her mom laughed.

 

"Thank you so much!" Selina said through the mouthful of food.  Her dad and Calvin came down the stairs and both gasped at the sight of the food.

 

"Mei, I wish it was your birthday everyday!" Calvin exclaimed.

 

Selina's dad sat down and read the newspaper. Selina could tell that he was smiling. 

 

"Sixteen is an important number. In China, you turn into a woman. **" Selina's mom gave her a wrapped up box.

 

Selina quickly finished gulping down her bite of fried noodles. She took the package in her hands. Inside the box, there was her mom's favourite bracelet.

 

"Mom!" Selina was surprised to see the bracelet was not on her mom's wrist.

 

"This was a hand-me-down from my mother, and from her's. This is now yours. A symbol of turning into a woman."

 

"Thank you, mom." Selina rose to hug her mom. The clock read 8:17 behind her. "Oh mom, I got to get going. Bye bye!" 

 

Selina rushed out the door in a hurry. The bus stop was just down the block from her house. The bus was waiting for her there. When she got on, the bus left.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

**I don't actually know if when you turn 16 you are a woman, but let's just pretend.


SORRY, SHORT CHAPTER. BUT ... Uh, ya, it is a short chapter. Sorry, it's boring right now, but it'll get exciting.