Chapter Nine!

It's a Cycle of Life. [hiatus]

Selina stayed at her neighbourhood's park for the rest of the day. When she saw the familiar bus pass by, she walked back home. Before, she had called the office, pretending to be her mom, and said she was sick. Selina knew she was going to get into trouble. Selina braced herself as she walked in through the door.

 

"Uh.. Ma, I'm home. Dad," Selina hollered.

 

"Selina, honey. You're home early. Most of the time you get here three minutes later."

 

"Uh, today I was running home, to see if there was any food."

 

"Sorry, sweetie. Me and your dad just ate all. But there will be more tonight, when we go to the beach."

 

"We're going to the beach?" Selina asked, confused.

 

"Yeah. Don't you think that we can just celebrate with a big breakfast! I'll invite your friends over, too. And Hebe will be there."

 

For a second Selina forgot who Hebe was. Then she remembered that Calvin had shaved today.

 

"Where's Calvin? " Selina asked. She wanted to thank Calvin for his presents.

 

"He's out right now. Why don't you take a nap?"

 

Selina was so tired emotionally and physically that when her head touched the couch, she was fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SElina, Selina!" She heard a voice. Someone shook her. Selina struggled to open her eyes.

 

"Finally! You're awake! You sleep so deeply that I bet you can't wake up when someone's dying." Calvin said.

 

"Ayo, don't say that. That means bad luck!" Her mom slapped Calvin on the back of his head.

 

"Well, we have to go to the beach now. Hurry up or you'll be late to your own party!"