Chapter Four.

It's a Cycle of Life. [hiatus]

The sky was darkening when Selina and Joe left the movie theatre. Joe had put his arm around Selina. Suddenly, Jiro popped out of nowhere. Joe squeezed Selina closer to him.

"Hey guys! Did you watch Haunting in Connecticut?"

"Uh.. I wanted to, but I fell asleep. I think I'm tired today. I slept in the car, too!" Selina laughed. She sneezed.

"You are getting a cold, hurry up and zip up the jacket and put the hood up. Oh, and there's mitts in the pocket." Joe said. He smiled at Jiro. Jiro turned away. Selina smiled at Jiro, too, she felt left out. She didn't get what the silent communication between them was about.

"Oh, okay." Selina sneezed, again. Inside the coat pocket there were mitts. Selina slid them on. She put them to her face, they smelled like Joe.

"Here," Joe hugged her. He felt so warm. And he didn't smell like cologne. Then who was the one that smelled like cologne?

Selina's cell phone rang. The caller ID number was unknown. Selina walked away from Jiro and Joe.

"Hey, sup? Selina speaking."

"Hey, did you get the coke out of your shirt?"

"Who are you?"

"The man in the suit?"

"That called me paedo!?" Selina yelled in the phone. She looked back and JIro and Joe were both staring at her. "How do you have my number?"

"Don't you remember?"

"Uh... no. Are YOU the paedo?"

"What do you think I was doing with your phone?"

Selina paused. That's why!  Jiro and Joe were engaged in a conversation, they kept looking at her. "Well, right now I'm busy...I got to go, bye!"

Selina walked back to them.

"Why do you guys keep looking at me?"

"You were blushing," Joe pointed out.

"It was the cold!"

"Who was that?" asked Jiro.

"Uh, this guy I met today."

"You met a guy?" They both asked, both with surprised looks on their faces. Jiro's mouth was open, and Joe tilted his head to the side. Oh my god! The make it sound like I can't meet guys! 

"He was the security guard.. when I had that accident."

"THEN THAT MEANS THAT HE SAW YOU WITH A WET WHITE SHIRT!" Joe cried. Jiro looked like he knew something.

"By the way, why are you here, Jiro?"

"Came to watch a movie!" Jiro paused. "Actually, I came to give you an early.... sweet sixteen present. I'm gonna be away on your birthday... But... I don't know if you would like it.. I'll give it to you later..."

"What time is it?" Joe asked.

Selina took out her cell phone. "8:53! HOLY CRAP! Oh my, speaking of my birthday, my brother's coming home!"

"I'll take you home if you're tired." Joe suggested.

"Yeah... I'll just go back and... " Jiro handed Selina a tiny, neatly-wrapped present. "Don't open it 'till I come back, kay? Bye, Lina."

Selina sneezed. "Bye," To Joe, she said. "Should we go now?"

"Do you want to spend your birthday with me?"

"You can come along..."

"Cool, I can meet your brother and family members," Joe smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, this was a gay chapter, but I think it'll be... significant later, I guess.