Fired.

It's a Cycle of Life. [hiatus]

 

Hey, it's sharshar, sorry for not updating in a long time. I don't know if anyone reads this, but now this is part of my schedule, so I'll update weekly or something. Please comment if you are reading so I don't make my story boring =J. Actually, it's probably boring right now. Selina's life is going so downhill, I wonder when it'll rise back? Maybe in a few chapters, because I still have something bad in store for her. Ahh, that sounds so evil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selina spent the night at the beach. She had used Calvin's shirt as a blanket and the bag as a pillow. But that wasn't enough to shield her from the strong coastal winds. Selina awoke in the midst of sneezing. Selina now realized how homeless people felt. She made up her mind to donate a lot of her clothes. But then, Selina realized she wouldn't have access to her clothes again.

 

The beach air was cool and moist. Selina walked back to the scene of her party. The day when everything was supposed to be happy. She stepped back as she saw a person standing there.

 

“How come you're back?” Selina asked. She braced herself.

 

“Well, who else would support you? I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.”

 

Selina took a deep breath, “Don't you know what happened yesterday? I killed my brother. I didn't save him. I slept through his pain,” Selina started sobbing again, and ran into his arms.

 

“It wasn't your fault, Selina. It was nobody's fault.”

 

“Yesterday was the worst day in my life,” Selina cried. She hugged onto him.

 

“Come on, now. I'll drive you home,”

 

“No, my parents hate me now.”

 

Selina had turned to face the ocean. When she turned back, he was gone. Selina wailed. Even though her illusions were real, they were still illusions. Selina walked around. She felt horrible. She spotted a body sitting on the sand. She blinked a few times. Rubbed her eyes. Slapped her face. But the body was still there.

 

Selina slowly stalked in the body's direction. As she came closer, she realized the body was a girl. A girl who had recently seen her brother die.

 

“Selina, there you are,” Hebe said. She reached her arms up to embrace Selina. Selina pushed Hebe's arms away. Hebe dropped her arms, “I'll be there for you and look out for you.”

 

“I still don't forgive you,” Selina said coldly. Deep inside her Selina knew she shouldn't shun Hebe like this, but she still couldn't believe that her brother was dead, and that Hebe couldn't do anything. After all, she had changed her brother so much.

 

Selina turned around. Hebe stuffed a piece of paper in her hand. Selina turned around to brush Hebe away again, but thought better of it. She just started walking towards the city.

 

“Just come to my house if you need me. I'll be there for you!” Hebe yelled to Selina. Selina kept walking. As she watched the busy morning pass by, she realized she forgot she had work.

 

“Damn.” Selina cussed, and ran the other way. She arrived at her work an hour and twenty minutes. Selina was going to be in big trouble.

 

The bell chimed as she slammed the door open. Selina panted and ran her last breath through the door. The boss met her in the doorway. She handed her an envelop. Selina slowly took it from her hands.

 

“Do you know how late you are? Where are your uniforms? You are so irresponsible.” The boss said coldly.

 

Inside the envelop was a letter of termination and five hundred dollars payment.

 

“No, I need this job!” Selina whined. She dropped down to her knees.

 

“Get up, you're not needed in this store again. You're disrupting the customers. Whine somewhere else.” Selina got pushed out of the door.

 

Selina heard a bag crackle as she hit the floor. She was startled and quickly stood back up. In her pocket, she still had Jiro's birthday present. She stared at it. She'll open it later.

 

Selina sneezed. She caught a cold from the coastal winds last night. She slowly trudged through the streets to a motel.

 

As she approached the motel clerk, the clerk raised her eyebrow. Selina clearly looked like a homeless person.

 

“A room please,” Selina handed her a fifty dollar bill.

 

The clerk gave her a key, and Selina went to her room. The motel stank of smoke and alcohol, and the carpet was ruffled and stained. The hallways were stooped, and the doors had a feeble lock to secure it.

 

I guess this is all I have. Selina sighed. She entered her fowl-smelling room, and the smell and her feelings made her tears start flowing. She fell down on the bed and fell asleep.