Chapter 6 Becoming a CEO of Im Enterprises

Lost In You

Taeyeon drives to her mother’s company,

“Miss, you cannot come here like that.” Mrs. Im’s secretary said.
“What?” Taeyeon asked.
“You’re going to meet with Mrs. Im, right? If you’re going to do it, you need an appointment first. Did you make an appointment?”
“Why would I need an appointment to me my mother?” Taeyeon said.
“What do you mean?” The secretary said clueless.
“I’m her elder daughter, Im Taeyeon. Does that name ring a bell to you?” Taeyeon said with a little angry tone.
“Arr, sorry Miss Im. You can go inside and see with Mrs. Im. Sorry for not recognizing you.”
“It’s okay. I’ve been gone for many years. It’s not your fault for not recognizing me.” Taeyeon said with a smile and goes inside her mother’s office room.

 

“Umma.” Taeyeon said.
“Oh, Taeyeon.” Mrs. Im greets Taeyeon happily. “Have a seat.”
“Umma, are you sure you’re giving your place to me?”
“Of course, honey, what you don’t believe me?”
“No, it’s not like that umma, I don’t want to take what Yoona owns. You know Yoona said it’s okay but…”
“No buts Tae, you’re my daughter, everyone knows you as the heiress of our family. And I’m doing what is right. Yoona will be okay. She’s not the kind of girl who will jealous over you because of this heiress thing. I know what you’re feeling, Tae. I know I cannot be your real mother. But if you accept me as your real mother and Yoona as your real sister, please accept the place of C.E.O.”
“Arrasso umma, I’ll accept it. I’m sorry if my words hurt you.”
“It’s okay, Taeyeon.” Mrs. Im said and hugs Taeyeon.

“So, as you agree, I’m going to make an announcement on our meeting at 2 pm. You have to attend that meeting together with me, okay?”
“Ne, umma.”

 

At the meeting,

“Everyone, I’m going to announce something. From now on, I’m going to give my CEO place to my daughter Im Taeyeon.”

“How can we know she can handle the companies?”
“I don’t think she can handle it.”
“She’s just a kid. How can you give your place to the kid?”

Some shareholders are rejecting. And Mrs. Im’s secretary silent them down.

“Please, Misters, let Mrs. Im explain first.”

“To let you know whether she can handle or not, I’m going to give her a project. If she can handle that project by herself, I’m going to give my position to her. And the important thing is she’s not a kid. She’s a grown up woman. She’s 22 years old now. So, any questions?” Mrs. Im said.

“Okay, if she can’t handle the project, we cannot let her to become a CEO of the company.” One of the shareholders said.
“Okay, I agree with you. Taeyeon, I’m going to give you a project in front of them. You’re going to work with the Jung’s company.”

“But Mrs. Im that the main project for our company. If she fails in that project, our company will have great loss. Think about that carefully. And I heard that the new Jung’s CEO is young and she’s very difficult to deal with.”

“I’m certain with my decision. Taeyeon, you’re going to work the project starting from tomorrow. Your secretary will be Min Sunye. She is working as an assistant of my secretary. Sunye, you’ll be Taeyeon’s secretary from now on.”
“Ne, Mrs. Im.”

“Meeting over.”

 

After the meeting, inside Mrs. Im’s office,

“Taeyeon-ah, Sunye is your secretary from now on. She’ll tell you about our company’s status and everything you need to know. If you have some difficulties, you can ask me or my secretary. For now, you only need to focus on that project, okay?”
“Ne, umma.”