Chapter 3 Kim Jaejeong’s will

Lost In You

Mrs. Im comes back from her work and as soon as she enters her house she sees a woman with a long black hair, sitting in her living room, drinking coffee. Mrs. Im goes towards her and surprised to see her.

“Kim Jiyeon?!”

“Annyeong Bora-unnie.”

“What are you doing here?”
“I heard what happened to oppa. I want to come as fast as I can but I can’t just leave the works there. Am I too late, unnie?”
“Yes, you are late. So, why are you here?”
“Unnie, I heard that Taeyeon is also dead. Is it true?” Jiyeon asked and before Bora answer a little girl runs towards her.

“Umma!” then that little girl saw the woman her mother is talking, “Aunty Jiyeon?”
“Taeyeon!” Jiyeon said in surprised. “So, Taeyeon is alive. Why did the police and reporters said Taeyeon is, you know, dead?”
“Well, Taeyeon-ah, go play with Yoona for a while okay? Umma and Aunty Jiyeon will come later, okay?”
“Ne.” Taeyeon said and go to Yoona’s room.

“She just comes back from her school.” Bora said.
“What school?”
“Nursery. About her death’s news, I ask the police to announce like that because of Jaejeong’s will.”
“What will? Do you mean oppa leave a will before he died?” Jiyeon asks and Bora just nods.

“Well, at that morning of the day your brother died, he comes to my house and…

FLASHBACK

“Jaejeong?”
“Long time no see Bora.”
“What are you doing here this morning?”
“Well, can I talk with you, alone?”
“Of course. Come on let’s go to my working room.”

“What do you want to talk about?”
“Here’s the recorder, record what I’m going to say and do as I say after that, okay?”
“What are you talking about?”
“Just do as I say, okay?”
“Okay.”
“Few days ago, some people come and find me at my workplace and threatened me to sell my shares in our hotel, you know I have the largest shares among us.”

(Author’s Note: Well, Jaejeong, Bora and another two men are friends since kindergarten and they four start a collaboration business by  starting a hotel and among them Jaejeong has had a largest shares.)

“And?”
“I don’t have a good feeling about it so if ever something’s happened, please raise my daughter.”
“What do you mean?”
“If my wife and I cannot stay with Taeyeon anymore, changed Taeyeon’s family name into yours and raise her as your biological daughter and make her become a good woman. Because if those men kill us, I’m sure they’re going to kill Taeyeon, too. I don’t want that to happen so please help me, okay? And tell the police to announce that Taeyeon is also dead.”
“What are you saying? If you know they’re going to kill you, why didn’t you tell the police or run away somewhere which will be safe?”
“I’m sorry. If they don’t success about us, I think they’ll hunt you and the others too. So please do as I say okay?”
“Okay.”
“Come to our house this evening, okay? My wife wants to see you and treat you dinner.”
“Okay, I will.”

FLASHBACK END

“So, you already change Taeyeon’s family name?”
“Yes, and she’s officially my daughter now.”
“I want to take Taeyeon with me.”
“What?!”
“I said I want to take Taeyeon to America. She still has her aunt so I’ll take her.”
“No, I can’t let that happened.”
“If not, I’m gonna take her through law.”
“Don’t be like that Jiyeon. She’s my daughter now and I cannot let you to take her with you.”
“Okay, let’s let Taeyeon to decide. If she wishes to stay with you, I will leave but you have to still let me meet Taeyeon. If she wishes to go with me, you have to let her go.”
“Okay.”

“Tell Taeyeon to come to the living room.” Bora said to one of her maids.
“Ne.”

Taeyeon comes downstairs.

“Taeyeon-ah, do you want to come with me to America?” Jiyeon said and Taeyeon just look at Mrs. Im.
“It’s okay, Taeyeon-ah, you decide, if you want to stay with Yoona and I, I’m glad and if you wish to go to America with your aunt, I’m not gonna stop you.”
“Taeyeon-ah, don’t you want to stay with your aunt? If you go there with me, you can stay with your blood-related sister and relatives. They’re not blood-related with you.”

Taeyeon is thinking and when she turns her head around, she sees Yoona crying.

“Honey, why are you crying? Did you hurt yourself?” Mrs. Im rushes to her daughter when she realizes her daughter is crying.

“Unnie *sobs* is *sobs* leaving *sobs* me *sobs*.”
“Don’t cry, okay?”

“Aunty Jiyeon, I’m sorry. I wanted to come with you but I don’t want to leave Yoona. She’s my sister now, sorry.”

“Taeyeon-ah, are you sure?” Mrs. Im said.

“Ne, umma.”

“Okay, but can you let Taeyeon attends school in America? I wanted to stay with Taeyeon for some times.”
“Well, Jiyeon, I’m cannot promise you but I can tell you one thing. When Taeyeon has to attend school, I will ask her and do as her decisions.”
“Okay, but I can still visit to Taeyeon, right?”
“Of course, unnie, you’re always welcome to my house.”

“Taeyeon-ah, aunty will go back home now. I will come and visit you tomorrow, okay?”
“Ne.”