CHAPTER ONE

>>SURVIVAL GAME

Korean music industry has a secret that none of their fans know about it. In fact, none of their new artist knows about it until the time comes. It’s a deal between their sajangnim and the benefactors that responsible behind their company. The deal is every ten years, the company need to send their best team to compete in survival games for a month, and if they lose the game, the company has to terminate one of their artist, either solo or in group.

 

In YG Entertainment.

 

Teddy Park, one of the producer there, also the former artist who also happen to experience the game before, rushed to their sajangnim office while bring a white envelope.

 

He opened the door, without knocking make his sajangnim, Yang Hyunsuk startled at his seat.

 

“Yah, what the hell Teddy? Do you want me to get heart attack?” he scolded his producer, who also he take as his dongsaeng.

 

“You’re still young to get that. Here, they sent this. It happen again, this year is already 10 years after the first one has been conducted.” Teddy gave his sajangnim the envelope that has ‘Survival’ on it.

 

Yang Hyunsuk cursed loudly when he saw that offended letter. He read the letter with frown. He hate this happen, but he more hate with himself coz can’t do anything to prevent that from happening. He owes those people, the one who behind that deadly game too much to ignore their request.

 

To Yang-goon,

Ten years already gone with blinked eyes. Now, it is time to start the game again. This time, you can sent maximum 6 person to enter this game, they can combine together from your entire artist as we don’t really care. The game wills held in a week, by that time we will send a van for your artist. And make sure they will bring their own thing that necessary for the game. We will give them the food once a week. You can tell them about this game as the game already changed from the last game. The book of rules and regulations will be given to them on the day they enter our ride. Make sure you have your artist by the time our staffs comes fetch them, if not we will abducted them for you randomly.

 

“! Now, how come I have to tell them about this blasted game? Did you think they ready for this Teddy?”

 

“They should hyung. They already trained for this for years ever since they were still trainees, even though they have no clue why they have to take all those classes. Every time they whined about the training, why they had to do that but still they completed it. But who did you want to send for the game?”

 

“I think I will exclude Minzy from this game, the girls will have my head on the silver plate if I sent their baby in this game. And Jiyong will kill me if I sent Dara without him by her side. And Taeyang will nag me to death if I sent his bestfriends alone, and Bom and TOP will switch on their overprotective brother and sister mode. And it really impossible if we ignore CL for involving in this blasted game. And if I know enough about them, Jiyong will command Daesung and Seungri to take care of Minzy on Dara orders.”

 

“So you want to send the six of them?”

 

“Yes, the six of them, how is their performance?”

 

“You know about Jiyong and his temper. So no one will dare in his way if they value their life. And Taeyang is great in bare hand combat, Chaerin too. Bom is good in strategies and let just say, TOP will be there to make sure all of them still in track. And Dara, eventhough she is weak in combat, she is the fastest among them and also great in her thing.”

 

“Her thing?”

 

“You know, needles, daggers, you name it.”

 

“Oh, good. You never know when you will need those things. Can you ask them to meet me tomorrow? And I want you with us too tomorrow, they need the proof all this happen.”

 

“But if we tell them, isn’t it breaking the rules no telling them before they should?”

 

“The rule says, that us, the sajangnim is the one who should not tell them, but they don’t mention about the survivor those game. Just tell them about the game, how they play it. Don’t give the details.”

 

“Okay, hyungnim. See you tomorrow, I’ll tell them later. They have the martial arts class today”

 

“Okay”

 

Teddy bowed a little to his sajangnim before he got out from the office. He then walked straight to the dojo that located beside the gym as the accommodation for all YG artist and staff learn martial arts.

 

When he arrived, he saw all of them already start their practice. He saw all of them sparring with their own partner. Their sparring partner actually has been decided by Hwangsabu, their trainer so they can act more serious and practice harder. It has been decided due to their half heartily action on the first day they start training, when they were still a trainee.

 

Teddy saw Bom launched multiple punches to Taeyang, her sparring partner which the latter avoided them swiftly before he kicked her legs. Teddy saw her eyes turns to slit, which mean Bom see red and she really angry by now. Bom throws punches and kicks on Taeyang direction nonstop, which really impossible to duck if he were him. But to his astonishment, Taeyang took all of it calmly, before he grabbed Bom arms and slide it to her back, locking her. He also locked Bom legs with his, much to the girl frustration.

 

Then, his eyes dart to the leaders that sparred with wooden stick in the middle of dojo. He saw how determined the female leader to beat her partner, it shows in her eyes. The fire to win, and to show how much she can do. He saw, how fast and strong her which her partner also encountered with the same precision. He saw her struggling to get a better hand, but he knew how the fight will end after he saw how ease the boy handle her blows.

 

Then, his eyes stopped at the side of the dojo. At first, he doesn’t agree with Hwangsabu decision to partner up both of them. It really unfair for the girl since they have a great difference in size. Dara who is really petite has to spar with TOP who is the tallest among them all, the decision also make Jiyong lose his temper that day. But after a while, they saw how Dara changed drastically, her moves become faster since she knew her strength cannot par with TOP.

 

 

He saw Dara ducked TOP high kicked before she slide swiftly under him and jumped on his back to strangle him from the back. He saw TOP loosen her grip on his throat before he pulled Dara from his back and throw her on the floor. But the girl stands quickly and goes behind her partner before she kicked his knee hard so he kneeled on the floor and grab his throat again, but this time she put a dagger in front of him, make the latter raised his arm surrender.

 

“Gee, Dara, it really unfair, I don’t have weapon when I fight with you,” Teddy heard the charismatic rapper whined to his partner. Although, the girl is several years older than him, he doesn’t call her noona as he should. He said before that the girl doesn’t act like a noona and she doesn’t mind about it. In fact he treated the girl as his younger sister to begin with.

 

“Eh? I also don’t know that we have rules no weapon in our fighting, Tabi-ah,” the girl said as she removed her dagger from his throat.

 

“We do now, no weapons in the future. I’ll get killed you know,” he said as he stand up.

 

“Gee, hyung, Dara will make sure she doesn’t scratch you, you know,” Jiyong said as he walked closely to the pairs. He then wrapped his hand on Dara shoulder. He already won in his fight with CL.

 

“I know, but still it was unfair.”

 

Bom and Taeyang also moved closer to the groups, CL walked behind them. The maknaes has different schedule with them, Minzy still in the basic steps and Daesung with Seungri has to accompany her with her schedule.

 

“Don’t be a crybaby, Tabi-ah. Next time, bring your own weapon when fighting with Dara. You are just bitter since Dara for the first time beat you up,” said Bom as she stands next to TOP.

 

 TOP just pouted when hearing Bom accusation. “I’m not bitter.”

 

Taeyang chuckled when looking at his hyung. The rest of them just gave him a teasing smile. “Yeah right hyung. If you not bitter, then you must admit that Dara noona already beat you.”

 

TOP just glared at the boy. “Gee, alright, alright. Next time, it will be my turn to win you Dara-ya.”

 

Dara smiled widely in Jiyong arms. “Okay, we will see next time.”

 

“But no weapon, deal?” TOP said as he stretched out his arm to shake hand with Dara.

 

“No weapon, deal,” Dara said as she shake his hand.

 

Teddy clapped his hand then moved closer to his dongsaeng. “Good job guys. I see all of you already enjoyed this class. No more whining.”

 

“We already used to it hyung. In fact, we kind of anticipate this class to show our skills,” Jiyong said on behalf his friend. His arm still lingered on Dara shoulders.

 

“Are you kidding me? It only last month all of you whined about this class.”

 

“Neh, oppa. But last month we still learn about all those martial arts. And now, we have our free learning time, no more sensei or sifu to command us or reprimand us,” said Bom as she crossed her arms. The groups nodded agree with the oldest girl.

 

“Good, you all are very good. I don’t think I will win fighting with you girls. Eventhough fighting with weapon is not your forte Chaerin-ah. I still think I should not fight with you. Bom is too strong for me, and Dara is too fast,” said Teddy compliment the girls.

 

“Thank you, Teddy oppa,” mumbled Dara.

 

“So can you tell us again, why we should train all this? It looks like we training to be an assassin than to be an idol,” asked Taeyang light heartily.

 

Teddy just gave them a nervous laugh. “It really useful for you guys. Hehe, before I forgot, sajangnim ask for your presence tomorrow morning at his office. Maybe you can ask him, why he asks you guys take those unfit classes for an idol,” Teddy said before he get out from the dojo.

 

The six of them just see their sunbae ran away from them. “Well, he look really suspicious. He knew something we don’t,” said Jiyong after a moment.

 

“I second to that. But anyhow, we will get the answer tomorrow. Is it just us or what?” asked CL after wondering for some time.

 

Taeyang shrugged his shoulder. “We will see it tomorrow. Maybe hyung will tell the maknaes later.”

 

“Forget about it for now. I want to go home, all this practice makes me sticky and sweaty,” said Bom as her start walking, TOP already tailing her from behind.

 

“Come on baby, I’ll give you ride to go back,” said Jiyong as he look at Dara.

 

“I will take your car, unnie. Taeyang oppa doesn’t bring his car as usual,” said CL as she shy boyfriend.

 

“Aigoo, Chae-ah. Don’t tease me. I overslept today so I ride with managers so I can sleep on the car,” said Taeyang.

 

Dara giggled looking at her friends; she tossed her keys to CL and grabbed her bags. “Care to tell why you overslept, Bae-ah? Is it related to why my housemate also forgot to wake early today?”

 

Jiyong and Dara laughed when they saw their friends blushing like tomato in front of them. It is not a secret that they will spend their night with calling each other till one of them sleepy enough.

 

“See you guys tomorrow. I will spend the night with Jiyong. You can sleep over our place, Bae-ah? Chaeroo afraid to be alone,” Dara said as she gave the two double jerked. Jiyong laughed loudly when he heard shrieked from his two precious friends.

 

Dara and Jiyong then leave the two behind as they still blushing madly. Jiyong pecked Dara cheek, “I love when you do that, babe. So, what we gonna watch tonight?”

 

“We’ll see.”