Match in Heaven

Wishing Wells
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is for @dcyseokyu Unnie who asked me how was the relationship of Yoona and Jonghyun (Kyuhyun’s brother) of The Tangled of Lives universe, and what happened with the accident that made Kyuhyun have to step-in and replace his brother’s commitment. This one is the first part because it’s getting longer than I expected when wrote it. Next part coming in few chapter later. But both can be read separately.

 

Im Yoona and Cho Jonghyun, a royal couple made in heaven. That’s what everybody would say about them. Soft-spoken and calm Jonghyun complemented the bubbly and cheerful Yoona. Both were beautiful and talented. Yoona was always the lead actress while Jonghyun directed the music for the play.

In short everyone wanted to be them. So in love and over the top but humble and kind.

But the most envious thing was that they were best friends since childhood and …. were engaged since birth.

Their parents were friends and their fathers were the two youngest partners on the new empire of entertainment in the country. One day, when his father was in a work trip to New York, his mother was home alone with two-years old Kyuhyun, Jonghyun’s older brother, when a group of mob was trying to rob them. Her father, promised to his father to watch over his little family when he was away, was just came into the parking lot where one of the mob tried to snap Kyuhyun from his six-month old pregnant mother. Afraid that they wanted to kidnap the boy, he lunged at the mob that pulled a gun at him and got his left leg. Having the mob attention moved from her, his mother pulled Kyuhyun and snapped the side of the mob with a bat, made all of them run as fast as they could while taking the Im’s car.

Yoona’s father ended up in hospital and lost his left leg. The Cho were very grateful of that and his father promised that he would always make sure that the Im family safe as well. He also told his friend that if the Im agreed, he would like to tie an engagement for his unborn son and their unborn baby girl.

And that’s what people called destiny. The babies grown up together, classmates and playmates, and then fell in love with each other at the age of 16, a year before their engagement should be announced.

It started the day when Jonghyun came to Yoona’s house on one of the coldest day in that autumn of 2005. He throwing pebbles to her window as that was over her bed time. She ran and opened the window while hushing him then peeked at her sister’s bed. Thanks God that she was still sleeping. She signaled him to go to the back yard where he could come through the swimming pool area because he had the key to come that way.

Yoona was still looking for the small lamp near the jacket’s hanger when suddenly a smiling face of her best friend popped up in front of her. She almost scream if her reflect was not good.  But as an actress, she composed herself very quickly. Yet it didn’t stop her to punch his shoulder.

“Ouch, Yoongie. That’s hurt!”

She glared at him. “That’s for making my heart stopped for second. Can you imagine if Soojung was aw

Please log in to read the full chapter