Heartbreak

Love: An Unpredictable Destiny

 

“What?! Are you okay Yunho-ah?” Sang Hyun yelped in shock after hearing the whole story from Yunho. He couldn’t believe the fact that Yunho was injured just to save the girl he barely knew. On top of that, Yunho stayed with her for the whole week of his vacation.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Don’t worry too much will you?” Yunho rolled his eyes, as he was busy packing up his things before leaving to Korea. He knew exactly how his friend would react, that’s why he didn’t tell Sang Hyun the truth in the first place.

“But Yunho-ah it’s dangerous!” Sang Hyun protested. Even though she’s a Korean, he wouldn’t take the risk of believing in her that easily. “Besides, you don’t even know who she is! She might have a bad intention.”

“I do admit I don’t really know her. But I have a strong feeling that she can be trusted. She even treated my injury.” Yunho defended. He was feeling a slight anger at Sang Hyun’s thoughts about Lee Na. But he just shrugged it off thinking that Sang Hyun had never met her in person.

“Well, maybe she did that only to get your attention. I don’t trust her.” He growled, clenching his fist.

“You worry too much Sang Hyun-ah. When is our flight?” Yunho asked, changing the topic.

“Tonight.” He answered coldly while planning something sinister in his mind. He was going to find where she lives and give her a piece of his mind so that she knew whom she was messing with.

Lee Na entered her room and saw a gift box on her bed with a note attached to it. She took the note and read it. It was from Yunho. She smiled happily and opened the box. Inside the box was a big brown teddy bear with a big heart shape sewn on it’s stomach. She had admired the bear when they were shopping last time. Yunho thought it would be sweet to buy it for her. She read the note out loud while hugging the bear tightly.

“Lee Na-sshi, I’m sorry it took so long for me to give this gift to you. Hope you’ll like it.” she chuckled seeing a smiley face on the note. She sat on the bed, admiring and hugging the bear. She couldn’t believe he actually bought it for her. The bear gave off a familiar scent that smells a lot like Yunho.

Suddenly, her doorbell rang. She stood up and quickly ran downstairs. She doesn’t know why she felt that way, but she wished that it was Yunho who’s at the door. The doorbell rang nonstop. Whoever was on the other side seemed very impatient. She reached for the doorknob with a throbbing heart while her other hand was clutching the bear. She opened the door to be face to face with a man about Yunho’s age, except that Yunho was taller and well built than the man standing right in front of her. He had a shock plus angry look on his face. Lee Na stared at the man in confusion.

“Are you Shim Lee Na?” the man asked in Korean, not even caring to say hello.

She was a little shocked to hear him speak in Korean. “Yes, I am. Can I help you sir?” she nodded and greeted him politely.

“Yes, sure you can help me. Stay away from Yunho.” He retorted, sending death glares to her.

“I’m sorry, what do you mean?”

“You’re a fan right?”

“Y-yes… but what are talking about?”

“I know your intentions. You’re only trying to get his attention right? Typical fangirl, you trying to take advantage on him right?!”

“W-what do you m-mean?” Lee Na asked in a shaking voice. She felt hurt at his accusations.

“We know your type. You only like him and helped him because he’s DBSK U Know Yunho.”

“W-what?”

“Listen to me Miss Shim Lee Na. We don’t like you. Yunho hates you because he knew you took advantage on him. So my advice, leave him alone if you don’t want to end up in jail!” Sang Hyun roared in anger.

“I wasn’t! I sincerely helped him… but I’m not taking advantage on him! I’m not like what you think!” she stuttered while tightening her grip to the teddy bear. Tears were gleaming in her eyes and were threatening to fall any second.

He scoffed when he saw she was about to cry. He knew she was trying to trick him and he was not buying it. “Sincere? Huh, whatever. I just came here because Yunho told me for you to stay away from him. He hates you and don’t come back into his life again!” Sang Hyun yelled while slamming his fist angrily to the door. Lee Na jumped in shock.

“Fine! I hate him too!” she yelled back at him while slamming the door shut in his face. Sang Hyun smirked, satisfied with his lie and left.

She walked back inside slowly, dragging the teddy with her. She couldn’t hold back the tears as they rolled down her cheeks mercilessly. She felt her legs went weak as she dropped herself on the couch.

“Yunho-ah, why did you do this to me?! I thought I could trust you…” she sobbed while talking to the teddy bear as if it’s Yunho she was talking to.

Grandma came out from the kitchen after she heard yelling and saw her crying her heart out. “I’d never take advantage on you… never! Why do you have to hate me?!” she continuously hit the bear with her palm.

“I really thought you are kind. But now that I know it… you’re just the same as other celebrities out there! I hate you Jung Yunho!!” she shouted out loud and threw the bear across the living room and it landed on grandma’s feet. She picked it up and slowly walked over to Lee Na.

“Sweety… what’s wrong?” she asked while taking a seat next to Lee Na on the couch.

She hugged her tightly while crying. “Grandma… Y-Yunho… h-he…” she couldn’t even finish her sentence. Instead, she cried hard and let all her pain out.

“There…there… it’s okay, I’m here. Just cry.” Grandma comforted while pulling her closer and her hair lovingly as her hot tears stained her blouse.