Fate Brought Us Back

Love: An Unpredictable Destiny

 

4 months later…

DBSK’s leader was sitting by the window by himself, gazing out to the sky with his deep brown eyes. The afternoon sunlight shone through the glass, illuminating his skin, making him look as handsome as ever. His right hand held a cell phone tightly, as if his life depends on it. He shifted his gaze to the phone screen while sighing heavily, millions of different thoughts running in his mind.

How was she doing right now? Has she been doing good? What happened to her? Did something wrong happen? Did she miss him? He kept asking those questions to himself, but none of them were answered.

From afar, four males were watching the leader while discussing things with themselves. “Something is definitely wrong with Yunho hyung.” The dolphin-voiced cutie commented while sipping on his drink.

“Yeah, he’s been acting like that ever since he came back from the vacation.” The eldest from the four of them added.

“This makes me curious… he doesn’t really talk much about his vacation. Did something happen back there?” The dandy boy asked while fixing his hair.

“From the looks of it, in my own opinion... I’d say that Yunho hyung has caught something that we call… the Love Syndrome.” The quick-witted magnae stated while muching on his fries and fixing his glasses.

The three elder males turned to him and had a shock and unbelievable look on their faces while the magnae ate his lunch without a care. “How can you be so sure?” they asked.

“Obvious. He just… has that ‘look’ on his face. Especially when he looks at his phone.” He replied matter-of-factly.


 

“Thank you for boarding Korean Air, have a nice day.” The stewardess on duty bid her goodbye as she bowed in return and walked out to the airport. She gazed around the airport while sighing heavily before fishing out a letter from her purse.

“I really am back.” She read the letter and smiled to herself.

Who could believe, after living for two years in a foreign country, she’s back again to her own country. A letter she received a week ago at work, changed her life for what she wished for. She was transferred back to work in her own country, close to her family whom she missed a lot while living overseas.

She missed her parents, siblings and friends very much. Those thought made her remember something, him. What happened to him for these four months? She could really care less for him as all she wanted to do was to hate him. But somehow, deep inside her heart, there’s an unexplainable feeling which was growing stronger. Could it be…

She shrugged of the thought and went to hail a cab. Her phone rang and she picked it up. “Yoboseyo?”

“Lee Na-ah, it’s omma.” Her mother greeted. “I assume you’ve arrived?”

“Dae, omma. Just a few minutes ago. Why can’t I go back home yet?” she asked.

“Me and your appa went for a vacation sweety. Were sorry, your return was very sudden.” Her mother explained softly. She smiled in relief, hearing that her only daughter was in good condition.

“So that’s why I have to stay with my ‘long lost cousin’ for a while?” she asked while pouting, emphasizing the word ‘long lost cousin’.

“He’s not your long lost cousin. He’s your cousin that you rarely met. As far as I’m concerned, you guys met when you were 8 and he’s 6.” Mrs. Shim stated.

“So that means he’s younger than me? I really can’t remember him omma.” She frowned, raking her memory on her cousin.

“But he remembers you. Don’t worry sweety, he’s nice.” Her mother said calmly. “I have to go now. Oh, before I forget, you’ll be staying with him and four other guys in his house.” Her mother informed before she hung up.

“What? Omma, but I thought-” she tried to protest but the line was cut off. “Oh great, I hope they aren’t weird guys.” She sighed.


 

“Hyung, act cool and calm. She’s my cousin and I wanted to make a good first impression to her, arasso?” the youngest reminded while fixing his shirt for the hundredth time.

“Okay, we get it.” a boy with a killer smile scoffed. “Is she pretty though?”

“From the pictures I’ve seen, she’s really pretty. Oh, she wears glasses too.” He replied while fixing the second youngest hair. He kept pouting and whining for messing it up.

The second eldest from the five of them lifted his head at the statement. Glasses? She wears glasses too and her eyes were really pretty… he wondered.

Ding Dong!

The doorbell rang as he signalled his hyungs to stand in position while he walked to open the door. The boys clumsily went into positions and gave their best charming smile for the awaited guest. The magnae opened the door and saw a pretty girl with straight hair and glasses standing in front of him. He smiled as he instantly recognized those hazel orbs.

The girl had agape at the sight before her. She double-checked the address and bowed apologetically. “Oh, chwesonghamnida. Wrong house.” She stuttered.

“Lee Na noona? Shim Lee Na?” the boy asked, slightly chuckling.

“Oh? How did you know my name? Are you by chance… my cousin?” she asked, unsure.

“Oh it really is you noona!” the tall boy exclaimed while giving her a hug. “Annonghaseyo, Shim Changmin imnida.” He bowed and greeted her after the hug. “Noona nomu yeppo. It’s been long since we’ve met. Do you still remember me?” he questioned.

“Changmin... Minnie? Minnie the food monster?” she guessed as the boy nodded in response. “Aigoo~ where did those chubby cheeks gone? You’re so tall now, but still as cute as ever!” she exclaimed when she recognized him and pinched his cheeks hard.

“Dae, I’ve grown a lot.” He smiled sheepishly.

“How could I not recognize my cousin? I can’t believe it, you’re DBSK magnae?!” she yelped, unbelievably at the fact that she couldn’t recognize her own cousin, the star of Asia.

“Let’s meet the rest of my members.” He beckoned as he pulled her inside. “Hyung! This is my cousin, Lee Na noona!” he introduced once they were inside.

“Annnyonghaseyo! DBSK imnida!” they bowed in unison. They introduced themselves one by one and when it’s the leader's turn, he froze as he lifted his head.

Lee Na too, froze in her position. She knew this was going to happen since she her cousin was a part of DBSK, she knew she would have to meet him, Jung Yunho. Seeing the statued Yunho, Jaejoong gave him a nudge to wake him from his trance.

“Oh uhm, I’m Jung Yunho.” He stuttered and bowed as he kept blinking his eyes in case he was dreaming.

“It’s really nice to meet all of you.” Lee Na bowed, trying to hide the fact that she was feeling very shocked and her heartbeats increased seeing Yunho again after four months.


 

“That was a very nice dinner Jaejoong-shhi, thanks.” Lee Na smiled at him while helping him tidy up the table.

“You’re welcome. I knew you must miss Korean food the most. Oh, just call me Jaejoong oppa.” He smiled back.

“Thanks oppa. I’ll help you.” She said as she picked up the dirty dishes.

“No, you can have a rest I’ll handle the dishes with Junsu.” He said and told Junsu to tidy up the table while Yoochun washed the dishes. “I’m getting the dessert ready.” he told and opened the fridge.

As soon as he heard Jaejoong, Changmin came storming in the kitchen. “Did you say dessert hyung? Oh, I want one too!” he exclaimed happily as Lee Na chuckled at her cousin. He really did change a lot physically, but his passion for food can never be erased.

She walked to the living room and sat down to watch TV. Minutes later, Yunho popped in and took a seat beside her. She stiffed when she felt his presence and shifted to the end of the couch. Silence fell in the room as Yunho just sat there, thinking of what he should say. They were too many questions running through his mind at the moment that he wasn’t sure which one to ask. It had been four months since he last saw her and contacted with her. She doesn’t know how much he missed her.

“Lee Na-yah do you… still remember me?” he asked, breaking the awkward silence. Lee Na fixed her eyes to the screen and kept shut, trying her best to ignore Yunho’s presence.

“Lee Na-yah, I-” he held her left hand and spoke softly, but was cut off when she pulled her hand away harshly.

Yunho was hurt. She didn’t even look him in the face and pretended that the TV was much more interesting than him. Why, all of a sudden she acted like this? As far as he’s concerned, they were just fine when he left Malaysia. He even tried to call her many times but she never picked up. He thought that she might be busy or she changed her number. She didn’t know how disappointed he was, how much he wanted to see her again. But when they actually met again, she acted as if she despised him very much. What happened? Did he do something wrong?

“Lee Na-yah, what’s wrong?” he asked with a sad tone.

She turned to him with a glare. He could see the hurt in her eyes, tears were b in her eyes and were threatening to fall. Was he the reason she’s hurt? Before he could ask her again, Changmin popped in the living room with deserts in his hands.

“Noona! The deserts are ready. You want some?” he asked with a smile. “Omo, noona waeyo? Were you crying?” he asked when he saw her watery eyes.

“Anniyo, I guess I’m just tired. I’m fine.” She assured him.

They ate the deserts and had fun talking to Lee Na. They got to know more about her as she reminisced the time she spent with Changmin. The magnae was so kind to feed her and she even fed him back in return. If people hadn’t know any better, they might think those two were a couple. Yunho ate in silence with occasional nods and a few answers when he was asked. He felt his jealousy burning up at the sight of the cousins close relationship.

“Changmin-ah, feed me too.” He asked with the cutest pout he could muster. The rest of the members looked at the leader with amused eyes.

The magnae gave him a weird look. “Feed yourself hyung.” He scoffed and turned his attention back to Lee Na.

“Uhm, guys, I think I should go to sleep now. I’m really tired and sleepy.” She excused herself and walked to her room.

Once she was gone from their sight, the four guys turned to face their leader. Jaejoong was the first one to speak. “What’s with you Yunho-ah?” he asked.

“It seems like something weird is going on. Spill it.” Junsu threatened with a spoon.

“She’s my noona hyung! Speak up!” Changmin urged.