Sharing

Sunshine Day Care

"Today's lesson is about sharing," Chii-sensei told the class of three year olds. "What does it mean to share?"

"If someone asks you for something, you give it to them," Sho said.

"That's right," Chii-sensei said. "You share toys everyday, and you share craft supplies. What else can you share?"

"Food!" Masaki smiled. "Me and Mommy share food all the time!"

Chii-sensei just laughed. "That's right. You can share food too."

After the lesson, everyone continued on normally, sharing toys and playing and having a normal day. But Jun couldn't help notice how tired Kazunari's eyes were looking. When he told Masaki, he didn't really believe him until he saw that Kazu wasn't really paying attention. "Kazu-chan," Masaki said. "You look sleepy."

Kazu smiled. "I am tired. I'm okay."

As Masaki was leaving, he remembered then that Kazu had left his lunch box at home, and as they were saying goodbye to Ninomiya-sensei, he overheard what her and Mama were talking about. "Is there anything I can do to help?" Aiba Mama asked.

Ninomiya-sensei just sighed. "I just don't know what to do. Since Kazunari's father left, we've been surviving on what I've been making here, but after I pay bills for here and my house, I don't have much left. But there wasn't enough when he was here either. I'm just worried for Kazuko and Kazunari. At least Kazuko gets fed at school."

When Aiba Mama was packing Masaki's bento for the next day, Masaki watched her. "Mama," he said. "Can I give Kazu-chan my lunch today?"

Aiba Mama looked at her son. "Eh?"

"He didn't have a lunch box yesterday, and I want to bring him some lunch today in case he forgets it again."

Aiba Mama watched him for a minute before she smiled. "Hai, let's do that."

When it was time for lunch that day, Kazunari seemed shocked at the amount of food that Masaki had given him. "Mama made it for you," he said. 

"Thank you Masaki!" Kazunari said before eagerly stuffing his face full of food.

After that day, the other three boys talked to their moms, and after much reluctancy from Nino Mama, she agreed to let everyone switch off the lunches to make sure that Kazunari had food to eat at lunch. After that, then the five would have at least a bite of the special food for Kazunari.

"You're doing very good at sharing," Chii-sensei told the five boys. "Sharing your food with one another."

"Arigatou!" the boys smiled before they continued eating. 

Then for nap time, Kazu would usually get cold, so he would cuddle in between the four. Satoshi would usually have his arms wrapped around him as a pillow, and the others just wrapped around everyone else to keep the others warm. It worked too, and Kazu wasn't cold or hungry anymore.

 

=========================================================================================================================

 

just got home from work. this came into my head, although this has never happened to me before...

chapter seven is up! tell me what you think!