First Day in Yellow Planet

Sunshine Day Care

Ohno Satoshi was two years old when he began going to Sunshine Day Care. He didn't really notice a difference until his mother pulled up in their car to an unknown building. His mother opened his door and unbuckled him before picking him up and his bag. "Look Satoshi!" Mama smiled. "Isn't it a nice place?"

Satoshi only looked around. He could understand some words, but he didn't like to talk. Mama knew that all she had to do was be patient and sooner or later he'd start talking. 

Meanwhile, Satoshi's older sister, Maru, came out of the car and stood next to her mother. She was four, so she only had a year before she started kindergarten. She pulled on her mother's skirt. "Mama, is this the place you were talking about?"

Mama nodded. "Yes Maru, it is," she said. "Why don't we go inside and look around?"

The small family did so, and they were immediately greeted by a friendly lady. "Konnichiwa!" she greeted smiling. "I'm Ninomiya-sensei. And you're Ohno-san, right?"

Mama nodded. "Hai! My name is Ohno Tomiko, and this is my daughter Maru and my son Satoshi."

"Nice to meet you!" Maru smiled.

"Nice to meet you too!" Ninomiya-sensei smiled back. "How old are you Maru-chan?"

"Four years old!"

"And how about your brother?"

"He's two years old," Maru said. 

Ninomiya-sensei nodded. "Ah I see, well Maru-chan, it looks like you'll be staying in Rainbow Planet in the other building over, and Satoshi-chan will be over here in Yellow Planet."

It wasn't like Satoshi had much of a choice. He was placed inside a yellow room with a TV, some tables, and lots of toys to choose from. "Satoshi," Mama told him. "Mama has to go to work, but I'll be back to pick you up in a few hours, okay? Can you be a good boy for me?" Satoshi nodded and received a kiss. "Ittekimasu."

Satoshi waved as she left. 

The taller person, Satoshi decided, must be the one in charge. She introduced herself as Minako-sensei and told him to go play. Satoshi just walked around looking around until he came to Drama and saw a big bucket of stuffed animals. And on top was a blue stuffed fish. Satoshi went over and picked it up to start playing with it, then he noticed someone watching him. He looked and saw another little boy behind the shelf watching him curiously. Almost like he was afraid to come out and meet him. 

Satoshi waved to him, something Mama had taught him, and the boy held up two fingers to him shyly. Satoshi didn't know what that was, but accepted it before he saw Minako-sensei coming over to him. "Kazunari!" she scolded gently. "You don't hide behind shelves! Go on! Say hello to Satoshi."

Kazunari came out and inched closer to Satoshi, keeping his eyes on him. Then, he took a teddy bear out of the bucket and hugged it tightly before walking a few steps and sitting down next to the plastic food. Satoshi followed him and sat next to him. 

For the rest of the day, Satoshi stayed close to the boy named Kazunari, who stayed close to another boy named Masaki. Masaki liked to talk in his own language, and he was always smiling and playing with something. Even when everyone was supposed to be watching a movie, he liked to hold his stuffed monkey and play with him quietly. 

Kazunari, on the other hand, when they were watching a movie seemed to like Satoshi so much that he even sat next to him. Satoshi didn't tell him to go away. He liked being around Kazunari. It didn't bother him.

During naptime, Kazunari was the one who woke up Satoshi. He sat next to him and gently shook his shoulder until his eyes opened. When Satoshi looked at him, he could see in his eyes that he needed to get up so they could go play some more. So they did. 

After an entire day, after most of the kids including Masaki had left, the remaining kids sat around watching a movie. Then Satoshi heard a familiar voice. "Satoshi!" When Satoshi turned around, he smiled wide as he saw his mother walking towards him. "Oh Satoshi! Did you have a good day?"

Satoshi nodded and pointed at Kazunari, who smiled at her. "That's Ninomiya Kazunari," Minako-sensei told Mama. "He's Ninomiya-sensei's son. Satoshi has been hanging around him all day. It's adorable really!"

"Satoshi, did you make a new friend?" Mama asked. Satoshi nodded. Then, all of Satoshi's things were gathered up, Maru came over with her things, and as they were about to leave, Kazunari followed them to the door. "Satoshi, say bye bye," Mama said.

Satoshi turned around and waved. "Bye bye!" he said. 

Kazunari smiled and waved back. "Bye bye!"

 

===================================================================================================================

 

my first chapter! it may be kinda short, but after coming home from work, I felt in a good mood to finish it.

chapter one is up!! tell me what you guys think! if you like it, if you hate it, all that fun awesome stuff.