Masaki-kun: All Smiles

Sunshine Day Care

Masaki was two when he was in Yellow Planet. When Satoshi came, Kazunari seemed to like him, so Masaki immediately went and met the boy before decided he was okay to play with. He could understand why Satoshi wouldn't talk. He was new. What he didn't understand is why Kazunari was being so quiet. He was never quiet. Now, all of a sudden (and a change to Masaki's routine that freaked him out a little bit) Kazunari didn't talk as much. 

Within the next few days, there was another new boy in the group. Masaki first noticed him when he was playing with a rubber frog and started 'ribbit'-ing at a little girl. He laughed when she screamed, then he noticed a little boy watching him. He was unfamiliar, but Masaki thought he looked kinda cute. Masaki went over to the boy, who just looked at him. "Hi!" Masaki smiled.

The boy nodded at him.

"Who are you?"

"Sho," the boy said.

Masaki pointed at himself. "I'm Masaki!"

Sho put his crayon away and showed Masaki his picture. "Look!"

Masaki laughed. "What is it? It look funny!"

"It's Totoro-chan," Sho answered. 

Masaki then held up his frog and showed his new friend. "Look! Frog!"

At snack time, Sho sat with Masaki and Kazunari and Satoshi. Kazunari still liked to be with Satoshi, but they were curious about the new person too. They noticed that Sho tripped on nearly everything, he liked to build with the blocks, and he was all but willing to help out Minako-sensei in any way a two year old could. Like Satoshi and Masaki, he was potty trained, but he was a lot better at washing his hands and keeping his shoes on. But he did like to be with the other three boys, and often loved playing with them when they were in Drama. His favorite toy in Drama was a baby doll, which he took absolute perfect care of and cried anytime anyone would try to take it from him. 

"Sho-chan ga suki!" Masaki smiled one day.

Sho laughed. "Masaki ga suki!"

When Sho's mama came to pick him up, his face usually dropped and he left looking sad. Everyone wondered why. One day, Masaki's mama picked him up at the same time Sho's mama came, and Masaki told her, "Mama, Sho-chan ga suki!"

Aiba Mama laughed, while Sakurai Mama just looked at her. "He's adorable, isn't he?" Aiba Mama said. 

"He's a little young to be thinking that," Sakurai Mama said as she gathered up his things and left. Sho waved at Masaki, who returned it but also smiled.

"You're adorable," Aiba Mama told her son. He just smiled up at her.

 

===================================================================================================================

 

children have their own little language, and I just got home from working with two year-olds, so this is kinda fresh in my memory ^.^

chapter two is up!! thank you for the comments! I'm glad you like it that much!! tell me what you think! if you like it, if you hate it, all that fun awesome stuff...