Chapter 4 - Confusion

In Need of a Singer

"She's my ba-a-aby..."

"At the end of pure white fingertips..."

It was the first concert since Baekhyun joined Two Moons. He was in the middle of singing "My Lady," one that girl fans used to swoon over when Luhan sang it. 

Now, even boys would swoon. 

 

They had a pretty big crowd even though they were performing at a small, tucked-away coffee shop. All the band members were satisfied. 

As Baekhyun sang his heart out, Tao was snapping to the beat, Sehun switched from rhythm guitar to synth, Kris took the main bass-line, and Chanyeol improvised on his acoustic guitar. It was quite the arrangement. 

"...Is the melted chocolate..."

Baekhyun was really into this song, Chanyeol could tell since he was sitting on a stool right next to Baekhyun who was sitting on a stool as well. Tao was pretty far in the back sitting at his drums, Kris was on the other end of the stage and Sehun was with him. 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun occasionally exchanged glances, every time provoking smiles. 

"You're walking into my door!" Baekhyun belted, aiming the mic away from his face.

In that moment, with Chanyeol by his side, Baekhyun felt like everything was perfect. 

And it was.

+++++

"Annyeonghaseo yeorobun! Are you having fun?"

The crowd cheered at the sound of Baekhyun's cheerful voice.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun, the new singer of Two Moons, I hope I've done a good job in Luhan-hyung's stead."

The crowd cheered again, Baekhyun was too charming not to love.

"Speaking of Luhan-hyung, we'd like to dedicate this next song to a special person. I know all of Two Moons misses you very much."

Sehun then took over on his own mic, "This song is called 'Angel' and it's for you, Luhan-hyung." He said with a tinge of melancholy in his voice. 

I hope he's watching...

+++++

The concert was over. As the band was unplugging all of the cords and putting things back in their cases, people filed out.

A few stuck around to mingle with the band, but not many. They did however get a lot of hype about their change of singer and gained a lot more fans.

Tao and Baekhyun were mingling more than anyone else, while Kris, Chanyeol, and Sehun cleaned up.

Sehun wasn't satisfied with his performance of "Angel." He remembered he was just looking around for Luhan and messed up a few notes on the keyboard he switched to. As he was grumbling, he noticed the sound of Kris and Chanyeol packing up their stuff stopped. He heard Tao's voice stop. Sehun was about to turn around to see why, when he felt a tap on his shoulder. 

"Hey."

It was Luhan. Again.

Kris walked over between Sehun and Luhan and politely yet anxiously said, "Eh Luhan-hyung, maybe we should save this for later. I don't think Sehun is feeling alright."

"I'd actually like to talk to Sehun alone. Is it okay if I steal him for a minute or two?"

Chanyeol then came over as well, "Hyung, as Duizhang said, it's really not a good time for Sehun..."

"No it's okay. I'll be fine you guys." Sehun finally spoke up, but with a hint of fear in his voice. 

"Sehun..." Tao quitely pleaded.

The three boys watched nervously as their ex-singer took Sehun away.

"I hope he'll be alright..." Kris whispered.

+++++

"Why do you keep seeing me, hyung?"

Luhan had brought Sehun to the employee's locker room at the coffee shop. It was after-hours so no one was working.

"I want to tell you I appreciated the sentiment in the performance tonight. That was kind of you."

Sehun fidgeted, "Why me then? You could've told Kris-hyung..."

"Well you dedicated it to me."

"Wasn't my idea."

"But I think it was."

"Why are you doing this to me hyung!?" Sehun cried.

"Why are you tormenting me, you know I can't take it!" Sehun continued.

Luhan fell silent and sat on the bench in the room. 

Sehun took a deep breath, "Hyung, I want you to know, I used to cherish every moment we spent together. Shopping, bubble tea, even fighting with you."

Luhan still said nothing.

"But now every time I see you, I'm tortured by the fact that you're leading me on. You keep seeing me just to emotionally punch me in the gut. I don't understand you anymore! Why?!"

"Because you made me feel weird." Luhan whispered.

Sehun sniffed, "What?"

"Because you confuse me. Okay? You made me experience feelings I didn't understand. When I was in Two Moons, it was always you and me. You were always with me. And for a while I loved it, being friends with you. But then, every thought I started to have was you. I couldn't sleep at night because I was thinking about you. I don't drink bubble tea anymore because all I can think about is you and it frustrates me!"

"I don't understand, hyung. Why would you leave?"

"Because it wasn't good for me to be around you anymore. I needed to leave."

Sehun broke down. He caused Luhan to leave. He couldn't believe it. His favorite Luhan-hyung left because he hurt him without knowing.

"Luhan-hyung, I- I'm sorry... I didn't realize... I- I..."

Luhan looked away. Deep down, he couldn't stand seeing Sehun like this, but he couldn't let his emotions take hold. But then, Sehun started actually crying. That was when Luhan's seemingly unchangeable malice for Sehun broke.

Luhan ran over to Sehun and took him in his arms. "I'm sorry Sehun."

Sehun froze like he did when Luhan tapped him before. 

Luhan continued, "I was trying to clear my mind. I didn't think I would hurt you this much. I didn't think this would hurt me that much. It hurts."

Sehun cautiously returned his hyung's embrace, barely touching him.

"Luhan-hyung, don't look at my face."

Luhan chuckled and held Sehun tighter, "I know, I know."

+++++

After the two died down, Sehun calmly asked, "So hyung does this mean you could sing for us again?"

"I don't know, you seem to have a lot of success with Baekhyun. Also I have a full-time job now."

Sehun looked down, dejectedly. He had hoped that by reconciling, Luhan would come back.

Luhan smirked, "That doesn't mean I won't see you."

Sehun smiled, but in a way Luhan wouldn't see. He wanted to appear strong in front of his hyung.

The singer stood up to reach for the hand of the guitarist, "Now let's go back to your hyungs, just to reassure them that I didn't eat you or something."

Sehun looked up and nodded, taking his hyung's hand.

"So we're okay?" Sehun asked.

"We're on the right track."

 


Author's Note

Thank you so much for your support! 

This is definitely not the end of Baekyeol and certainly not of HunHan. I plan on having many chapters, don't worry. 

Sorry if this makes some of your feels go like this: 

 

Remember to check out my tumblr! http://www.caught-the-happy-virus.tumblr.com