Chapter 2 - Embrace

In Need of a Singer

"It's just not right without Luhan-hyung!" Sehun cried.

Kris, Tao, and Chanyeol sighed together. 

Kris threw his arm around the still shaken Sehun, "Sehun, we need a new singer. Luhan's not coming back. I'm sorry."

While Sehun sulked, Chanyeol sat up and raised his hand, "Kris-hyung, I might have found someone to sing, if you want to hear him."

The three other members looked over at Chanyeol, surprised. How could anyone have found someone so fast?

"Who did you get?" the leader asked.

"Well his name is Byun Baekhyun and I met him last night. It's a long story, but he's at my apartment recuperating from some wounds."

Tao shrieked, "Hyung, you didn't-!"

"Oh my god Tao I did not," Chanyeol said irritatedly.

Kris whispered to Tao, "Tao, you shouldn't ask things like that."

Tao nodded and apologized to his hyung. 

"So Chanyeol do you want to bring him? Or is he still asleep?" Kris inquired.

Chanyeol whipped out his cellphone and called home, seeing if his guest would pick up.

"Hello?" said a groggy voice.

"Baekhyun! It's Chanyeol, are you feeling better?" Chanyeol smiled at the sound of Baekhyun's voice.

The other members were puzzled at Chanyeol's joy with this mystery "Baekhyun" on the other line. Chanyeol used to be a happy kid, a really happy kid, then turned a bit callous. None of the members knew why. 

"Oh Chanyeol, yeah I am. Thanks for letting me stay over."

"Hey do you think you could wait a little so I can take you over to my friend's house? I need to introduce you to them."

"Really? Ah, but I have no good clothes," Baekhyun sounded worried.

"Don't worry about it, I'll be there in 10 minutes, see you!"

"Mhm!"

Chanyeol closed the phone, "Hey guys I'm going to go pick him up. I'll be back."

The boys, still dumbfounded at Chanyeol, all nodded and sat there stupefied.

+++++

Chanyeol rushed over to his apartment which was three blocks away from Kris's. He didn't want to keep Baekhyun waiting.

A smile grew on his face when he thought back to that morning. He remembered waking up finding Baekhyun curled up against his chest. He was surprised but very charmed. Chanyeol remembered feeling Baekhyun's warm, soft breath as he got closer to Chanyeol. Chanyeol played with Baekhyun's hair for a while, curling it gently, and gave him a gentle hug before he got out of bed. 

Ah, he was so cute. 

It felt weird experiencing these feelings for a boy, but with Baekhyun it felt just right. Baekhyun was the thing Chanyeol needed to be happy again. 

Blushing and smiling from ear to ear, Chanyeol arrived at his apartment, tried to calm down, and went in.

"Baekhyun? It's Chanyeol.."

Baekhyun peered out from the door to Chanyeol's bedroom and smiled sweetly.

"Hi Chanyeol!" 

Chanyeol couldn't take how cute Baekhyun was, he rushed over and hugged Baekhyun, who froze, then blushed, then hugged back. They embraced for a good minute before Chanyeol returned from his trance and backed up, scared that his Baekhyun wouldn't like him anymore.

"Ah, Baekhyun, I'm sorry! I just.. I wanted... to..." 

Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol close and embraced him tight.

"No, it's just what I needed. Thank you Chanyeol," Baekhyun started to tear up again as Chanyeol returned the hug twice as tight.  As Chanyeol held held Baekhyun, he remembered Baekhyun hadn't told him about what happened that hurt him so. He decided right now wasn't a good time.

They broke the hug and Chanyeol wiped Baekhyun's tears away with his thumb. 

"Now let's get you some clothes!" Chanyeol laughed.

+++++

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were running back to Kris's apartment.

Chanyeol picked clothes out for Baekhyun, a black sweater and light wash skinny jeans. Clothes that would keep Baekhyun warm and hide his bandages. They ran over, hand-in-hand, to Kris's apartment and arrived short of breath. 

Chanyeol opened the door, and gently guided his Baekhyun into the living room where Tao, Kris, and Sehun were talking about who they'd want for a singer. Chanyeol greeted them smiling, "Guys, I'd like you to meet Byun Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun bowed and almost sang, "Hello, how do you do?"

This boy blinded the three other band members. No wonder Chanyeol was made so happy by him, Baekhyun was pure light. Kris stood up and shook Baekhyun's hand, "Nice to meet you, I'm the leader of the band, Kris."

"Band?" Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol, whose arm was around him.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, I'm in a band called Two Moons. Our singer, Luhan, just quit and we're looking for a new singer. That's why I made you sing last night," Chanyeol answered.

Baekhyun grinned, "Mm. What instruments do you play?"

Kris responded, "I play bass."

The black-haired Tao stood up to shake hands, "I'm Tao, I'm the drummer!"

Sehun walked over to Baekhyun, "I'm rhythm guitarist, Sehun."

Baekhyun felt so charmed by these boys. He turned around to Chanyeol, 

"What do you play Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol started playing air-guitar like a rock star, "I'm lead guitarist!"

Sehun blurted, "So you sing? Show us."

Chanyeol glared at Sehun for his malicious tone, but then looked warmly back to Baekhyun to encourage him to sing the song he sang to him last night.

Baekhyun started to sing again and added more to the song: 

As if I was reborn as a child who doesn’t know anything
I thought it was a dream so I closed my eyes and opened them again
I am standing in front of you as if I was praying
I want to walk side by side with you at least once
Just once...

After singing, all Baekhyun could hear was praise and applause. He'd never felt so happy.

Kris settled everyone down and said, "So let's take a vote. Who would like Baekhyun to be our new singer, whether that be temporary or permanent?"

Chanyeol gripped Baekhyun's shoulders in anticipation.

Tao chirped, "Me!"

Kris calmly said, "I would."

Chanyeol almost shouted, "I vote Baekhyun!"

Everyone turned to Sehun, who was still mourning the departure of Luhan. 

Sehun sighed and looked at Baekhyun, "Sure."

Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun quickly, ecstatic for the new addition to Two Moons.

Kris smiled, "Congratulations, Byun Baekhyun. You're the official Lead Singer of Two Moons."

Baekhyun couldn't contain his happiness. He couldn't believe that rudely shoving into someone else's taxi cab could lead to this much good fortune.

+++++

Baekhyun and Chanyeol left Kris's apartment and returned to Chanyeol's.

Once they entered, Chanyeol took Baekhyun's hands in his own and looked intently at Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun.. I was wondering. Now that you're in the band, we're going to spend a lot of time together. Do you have somewhere to stay?"

The almond-eyed boy shook his head from side to side. 

Chanyeol squeezed Baekhyun's hands and looked at him with big eyes, "Stay with me?"

Without hesistation, Baekhyun threw his arms around his lanky counterpart, "I'd love to."

They stayed like that for a while until Baekhyun pulled his face away, arms still wrapped around Chanyeol.

Chanyeol caressed Baekhyun's cheek, and noticed his roomate blushing from ear to ear.

"Baekhyun, I know we've barely had any time to get to know each other, but I really..." Chanyeol felt himself flush and couldn't finish his sentence. 

Baekhyun warmly chimed, "Whatever it is, it'll be okay. You can whisper it to me, if it helps."

Chanyeol nodded and thought about his next move. He bent down to whisper to Baekhyun when he changed his mind.

Chanyeol softly kissed Baekhyun on the cheek, and then waited to see if it was okay with his roomate.

Baekhyun blushed and leaned in but Chanyeol beat him to it. 

The two tenderly kissed for a few minutes and then looked up at each other.

"I love you, Baekhyun," Chanyeol whispered into Baekhyun's ear.

"I love you too, Chanyeol," Baekhyun whispered back.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you all for your support on this! 

Check out my tumblr: http://www.caught-the-happy-virus.tumblr.com

Send me messages on my tumblr with suggestions! They always help!