Chapter 1 - The Boy

In Need of a Singer

"I'm sick of this," a tired Luhan yelled. He picked up his things and slammed the door on his way out.

Chanyeol crashed on the couch and sighed, "Great."

Sehun crumpled up on the ground, head in his hands, "Luhan-hyung..."

Tao went over to Sehun and rubbed his back while Kris, the leader of the band, announced, "We all know that unfortunately Luhan-hyung will not want to return, he's been planning on leaving for a while. But we can't cry about it. We need a new singer if we want Two Moons to survive."

Tao chimed, "Duizhang maybe we should talk about it tomorrow, Sehun doesn't feel well."

Sehun was still crumpled up on the floor, teary-eyed about Luhan leaving. Luhan was very special to him.

Kris nodded and said, "That's fine we'll meet at my place tomorrow at noon to talk about it. Sehun, you can stay with Tao if you want. Chanyeol are you going to be okay on your own?"

"Yeah I think I can manage. Take care." Chanyeol patted Sehun's back, grabbed his stuff and left.

++++++

It was around midnight when Chanyeol was on his way home. His apartment was far away so he hailed a cab.

Chanyeol was just about to get in when a shorter, almond-eyed boy shoved into the cab with Chanyeol.

"Hey what do you think you're doing!?" Chanyeol shouted.

The boy, seemingly around Chanyeol's age, shook with fear, looked down, and apologized,

"I'm sorry, there were some people after me."

Chanyeol notices bruises and wounds on the boy's arms along with ripped clothing. He gives the address for his own apartment and lifts the boy's chin up.

"We're going to my apartment, you'll be safe. I'm sorry for yelling at you."

The boy nods and turns away, tears welling up in his eyes like little swells in the sea. He holds in his tears.

I hope I'll be safe.

 

++++++

Chanyeol paid the cab driver and helped the boy out of the cab. 

The boy looked cold with his torn clothing, so Chanyeol throws his own coat on him and holds the boy close to him with one arm.

They walk up to Chanyeol's apartment and while Chanyeol grabbed his keys, the boy collapsed on the floor.

"Oh my god are you okay!?"

The boy had his arms clenched around his stomach. Chanyeol gently removed the boy's arms and felt his abdomen.

 

All bones.

 

He picked the boy up and brought him into his apartment, setting the boy down on his bed.

"Hold on a second let me get you fixed up, don't move anywhere."

Chanyeol ran into the bathroom trying to find his first-aid kit to heal the boy's wounds.

He then ran to the kitchen to get some bread for the boy's empty stomach.

As he returned to his room, he found the boy staring at the pictures Chanyeol had on his wall.

He knelt down, took the boy's hand and started disinfecting his wounds. 

"What's your name?" Chanyeol asked.

"Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun."

Chanyeol liked the sound of Baekhyun's name. It had a certain ring to it.

"My name is Park Chanyeol. Why were people chasing you?"

Baekhyun looked away and started to get tense. Chanyeol put down the bandages he was using for Baekhyun's arms and held the shy boy's shoulders. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry," Chanyeol smiled.

Baekhyun shivered as Chanyeol his shoulders with a worried look on his face. He took his hands off and gave him the bread he took from the kitchen. 

"Eat, you'll feel better."

Baekhyun took the slice of bread cautiously and started ripping off small pieces to eat. Immediately Baekhyun's face warmed in color. "Could I have some milk?" he asked. Chanyeol nodded with a smile and went to the kitchen, content with the frail Baekhyun's presence.

As Chanyeol poured some milk for Baekhyun, he heard humming. It sounded like... light. 

He rushed into his room, almost spilling Baekhyun's milk, and blurted, 

"Was that you!?"

Baekhyun looked wide-eyed at the lanky Chanyeol.

"Yeah.. it was. Are you okay?"

Chanyeol gently held Baekhyun's shoulders again, 

"Would you sing for me? It would mean so much."

Baekhyun blushed, Chanyeol's face was so close to his. He began to sing the song quietly:

As if I was reborn as a child who doesn’t know anything
I thought it was a dream so I closed my eyes and opened them again...

Baekhyun finished singing, blushing wildly because of the wide-eyed Chanyeol whose mouth dropped to the floor.

"Baekhyun... hmm... ah it's too soon." Chanyeol sighed.

"Um Chanyeol, do you think I could stay here? I don't really have... um..."

Chanyeol turned back and smiled, "Of course! Wait let me finish bandaging you."

He took Baekhyun's other arm and started wrapping bandages around his arm gently and carefully. Baekhyun thought to himself: 

Chanyeol is a warm person...

 

++++++

After Chanyeol finished wrapping Baekhyun's bandages, he got some blankets and set them on his own bed.
"I only have one bed, and you need it more than I do. I'll be on the couch, so holler if you need me~"
Baekhyun felt bad about taking Chanyeol's bed. "Chanyeol, I'd feel bad about taking your bed, I'm just a guest. You should take it."
"No, no, you're hurt. It'd be cruel of me to take it. I'd feel horrible."
"I don't want to be a bad guest..."
"Then we'll share. Is that okay?"
Baekhyun's eyes got wide. Sharing? Chanyeol is a stranger.. what if he-
"I won't do anything weird don't worry," Chanyeol reassured Baekhyun. 
Baekhyun nodded and hopped in bed wearing the huge t-shirt Chanyeol lent him.
Chanyeol got in bed and noticed Baekhyun was on the total opposite side of the bed, about to fall off. He giggled.
 
Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol whose mouth was wide open as he slept. He had a good feeling about this guy.
 
 
 
 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you all for your support on this! 

Check out my tumblr: http://www.caught-the-happy-virus.tumblr.com

Send me messages on my tumblr with suggestions! They always help!