Chapter 5 - Piano

In Need of a Singer

 

Sehun and Luhan had gotten past inspection of their band members for any harm done to either of them. After Sehun grabbed his guitar and his bag that had his keyboard in it, Luhan and Sehun walked out of the coffee shop together.

"I guess... they're okay?" Tao suggested, intently watching the two walk together.

Baekhyun smiled, "They look happy, like friends."

Kris then clapped his hands once, "Well, thank you all for a good concert! Congrats to Baekhyun for his debut, and let's all hope and pray our Sehun is safe with Luhan."

"Amen to that," nodded Chanyeol.

And after collecting all of their things, Kris and Tao went home together (they're neighbors), and Baekhyun and Chanyeol went back to their apartment.

 

+++++

"Sehun?"

Sehun looked to Luhan as they were walking home, "What is it, hyung?"

Luhan turned around to face Sehun, but kept walking backwards.

"I want to show you where I work now, I think you'd like it there."

"Sure, that'd be fun!" Sehun enthusiastically replied. 

They arrived at Sehun's apartment and stood at the door facing each other. Sehun thought Luhan was just going to say goodnight, but something funny happened.

Luhan raised his hand up to Sehun's face and lightly ran his fingertips over the bags under Sehun's eyes.

"Sehun your eyes aren't this sunken usually, you should get more sleep."

Sehun blushed and turned his face away, covering his cheeks with his forearm. I don't want to make Luhan-hyung feel weird like he used to around me... But he makes it so difficult!

"Thanks Luhan-hyung."

Luhan chuckled, "Well I'll pick you up at 8 tomorrow morning, I have the early shift, sorry!"

The taller Sehun replied, "See you then," still embarrassed about Luhan's gesture.

Luhan waved and left on foot. 

+++++

Ding dong!

Sehun grumbled to check what time it was. 

The clock read 8:00. It was a Saturday, he wouldn't need to be up at...

"Aah! 8:00?!" Sehun cried.

He ran to the door, messy-haired and wearing just a t-shirt and shorts, to open the door.

"Sehun! You ready?" Luhan smiled.

Sehun was very embarrassed. How could I have not woken up to my alarm!?

"Hyung I'm so sorry, I slept through my alarm... I'll be ready in 5 minutes!!"

Luhan laughed, "That's fine Sehun! Could I come in though? It's kind of chilly."

"Agh of course sorry!!!" He led his hyung into the living room and offerred him some blankets of which Luhan took one.

Sehun ran into his room, threw on a long-sleeved white shirt, a black bubble vest, some torn up skinny jeans, and a pair of sneakers. He then tamed his hair, brushed his teeth, made sure he had no blemishes on his face and left to the kitchen. 

"I'll just eat breakfast on the way okay?" Sehun rushed to get a protein bar.

"That's fun, you know it's okay if we're late, Sehun, I don't mind." Luhan shrugged.

"I don't want to burden you, Luhan-hyung. Let's go!" Sehun said between mouthfuls of protein bar.

+++++

As the two arrived outside Luhan's work, Sehun looked up at the sign:

C.K. Music Education 

"You're a music tutor?" Sehun asked.

"Yeah I teach piano and voice. It's really relaxing." Luhan answered.

They walked into the building, Sehun following behind Luhan closely. He thought about the name again, C.K... "Hyung, why is it called C.K. Music Education?"

"Oh it's C.K. because of my sunbaes Chen and Kyungsoo who started the business. Speaking of Chen-sunbae and Kyungsoo-sunbae..."

Two smiling men walked out of the changing room in their polos with the C.K. logo. Luhan greeted his sunbaes and then put his arm around Sehun's shoulder.

"Chen-sunbae, Kyungsoo-sunbae, I'd like you to meet my friend Sehun. He was the rhythm guitarist in the band I was in. Sehun this is Chen-sunbae and Kyungsoo-sunbae." Luhan nudged Sehun who promptly bowed.

"How do you do, I'm Oh Sehun."

Chen bowed, "It's nice to meet you Sehun."

Kyungsoo bowed as well, "Luhan-hyung told us about your concert. Sounded like quite the hit!"

Sehun smiled, "I guess so, thanks!" 

Luhan took over, "So the sunbaes and I all sing and play piano so we teach all of that. Let me show you where we work~"

"It's strange for him to be so straightforward. I hope he's being sincere about all of this." thought Sehun.

++++++

They walked into a small studio with a big window, a wall that was a mirror, a desk, and a grand piano. They must be really successful to afford such a piano. 

Luhan took a seat on the piano bench and motioned for Sehun to sit next to him. 

The bench wasn't that big, so as Sehun sat down, he realized that their shoulders were noticeably touching. How can I not be making Luhan-hyung uncomfortable right now!? He didn't want it to be like this!!

Luhan began to improvise on the piano and gestured to Sehun to improvise along with him since they could both play piano. Luhan had the high octaves and Sehun had the low octaves.

It was amazing how beautifully their improvisations meshed. It was like they were already planned specially for them. 

After a while, Luhan shut his eyes but continued playing. It was interesting to watch Luhan play; his motions were so fluid as if everything was moving through water. Sehun really enjoyed this, and as he got caught up in playing, he didn't notice his partner stopped playing and it was just him. 

More importantly he didn't realize that Luhan was resting his head in the crook of his neck. Ack! He didn't notice it because it felt so natural as if Luhan did that all the time.

Sehun tensed up, worried that Luhan was asleep. 

"Don't worry Sehun-ah, I don't have anybody coming for a few hours. The sunbaes like me here early every day."

"B-but hyung, didn't you not want to be like this? I thought I- I used to burden you with how we used to be."

Luhan turned his head up so his chin dug gently into the crook of Sehun's neck and looked up at him. 

Sehun blushed and tried to look away but Luhan caught the pivot of his neck and softly turned Sehun's face to his. He sat up and leaned in to examine the bags under Sehun's eyes. 

"They're receding. Thanks for listening to me about sleeping more."

Sehun couldn't take it anymore, he quickly wrapped his arms tight around his hyung. 

"Sehun..." Luhan hummed, returning the embrace tenderly. 

"Luhan-hyung, you say I shouldn't make you feel weird things but I want to be with you."

Sehun pulled Luhan away from the embrace and cleared his throat.

"Luhan-hyung I love you and I want you to know that no matter how you feel about me I- I'll always love you. I just couldn't not tell you. I'm so sorry for keeping you up at night, I'm sorry about tormenting your thoughts, and I'm sorry about everything else I did. I just love you too much to pretend that I'm okay with us only being friends. I love you."

Luhan looked straight back into his admirer's eyes which were sincere but starting to well up. 

He knew Sehun was a strong person on the outside but on the inside, Sehun was one of the most vulnerable, sensitive, and easily-sad people he's ever met. 

Sehun sniffed, "Say something please..."

Luhan shook his head.

Sehun looked down, terribly sad.

But this sadness was shortlived. Luhan proceeded to tilt Sehun's chin up to meet his lips with Sehun's for a long, passionate kiss.

Sehun held his hyung in his arms and Luhan did the same. 

Finally they broke the kiss with Sehun's face like a tomato and Luhan as calm as usual. Inside, Luhan was just as flushed as Sehun but he never showed it. 

Sehun looked confused, "You said no..."

"I said I wouldn't say anything. If I had I would've lost it." Luhan explained.

They both smiled and hugged once more until a voice interrupted them.

"I hope I'm not interrupting... Luhan-hyung we need more copies of that music but Kyungsoo and I both have students, could you get it?" Chen asked with a smirk.

Luhan nodded and left a red Sehun on the piano bench.

Chen whispered after Luhan left, "Don't worry I won't tell!"

Sehun mouthed, "Thank you!!!"

+++++

Sehun left the studio after Luhan's student arrived.

He left confused but the happiest he had been in weeks.

 



 

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Sorry this chapter took a while. I didn't know really what to write. STUPID WRITER'S BLOCK.

 

Well I'm going to try to fit in one or two chapters tomorrow before I leave for a few days. I'm going to be gone from Thursday through Sunday. 

Sorry! I might be able to write some chapters but I don't know if I'll have time. Please don't unsubscribe T^T

  

PLEASE send me suggestions! I thrive on suggestions!

As always thank you for your support and check out my tumblr! http://www.caught-the-happy-virus.tumblr.com