FOUR

One Stalking Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yeah you caught me with your playful eyes,

Thought you blow me with your cheesy lines

Love Charades, Emily Hearn

 

The faint sound of the television in the background announcing the first snow fall for the year and a  possible mild blizzard, and advising everyone to stay indoor for the night was drowned by ooooohs as the boys gaped at Kai with utter jealousy. He had a photoshoot and interview earlier that morning with Banjak Magazine, and a fan- rather, some girl who is allegedly the president of a big Kai fan club was somehow able to squeeze her self through the securities and give Kai a gift.

Kai told them everything in pure delight, about how the girl, pretty much in college, all sweaty and flushed despite the cold weather, nearly fainted when she saw him.

“Oppa, take this. Take my heart, my soul, my kidneys”, he imitated the girl as he told the story to his groupmates.

“She didn’t really say that”, Sehun muttered, eyes still glinting, examining the leather box at the table for some secret compartment that may contain any more gift from Kai’s fan.

“Of course she didn’t actually say that, what would I even do with her kidneys?”, Kai chuckled, “But you know how fans declare their love and passion in grand ways, eh she pretty much said something like that, so I took the box, bowed to the fan and that’s it”.

“You are so lucky”, Chanyeol muttered, barely audible, as the reporter in the television announces all the districts that may be affected by the blizzard, “Looks like we won’t be able to go to the company tomorrow morning”.

The boys turned their attention to the TV set but not for long, since they are still awed by the gift Kai received.

It was a gold, 8th generation iPod Touch, it was newly launched, not even a month old in the market, Kai may have been one of the first to own it in Seoul.

“That surely cost a fortune, maybe your fan really did sold one of her kidneys to buy you that”, Kyungsoo gestured half jokingly.

“That’s why I had to accept it right?”, Kai replied, examining the coveted device in his hands, he unlocked it and grinned, “This is so sleek, I can even see my pores on the front camera, it’s THAT CLEAR”, he added extravagantly.

The others sighed exasperatingly.

“Come on, stop that. Hyung I’ll give you my old iPod if you want”, Kai teased Chanyeol.

Just then Baekhyun stepped out from the kitchen holding a steaming cup of ramen which took him about fifteen minutes to prepare, the boys were not much o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter